MNSSHP: No Villain's Mix and Mingle this year?

stevediesel

Original Poster
I found this Disney press release on allears.net. The Villain's Mix & Mingle or Halloween Dance Parties aren't listed, does this mean they aren't happening this year?

Mickey and Minnie Planning to Show off New Costume-Party Look at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Dates Beginning Sept. 5

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- When the Disney characters dress up for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this September and October, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will be debuting a whole new look. Mickey has traded his scarecrow costume for stunning purple and orange eveningwear fit for a Halloween ball. Not to be outdone, Mickey's best girl, Minnie Mouse, exchanged her witch costume for a party dress to complement Mickey's attire.

For Mickey, it's a top hat and purple tails. For Minnie, it's a party dress with a purple hat with an orange ribbon -- bright and colorful, befitting the fun on 25 evenings between Sept. 5 and Oct. 31 when Magic Kingdom hosts the popular after-hours party.

Guests are invited to dress up as well for the 7 p.m.-midnight party which features two scheduled entertainment extravaganzas guests can see at no other time: the "Boo-to-You" Halloween parade and the bewitching "Happy HalloWishes" fireworks spectacular. There's trick-or-treating galore and also a chance to experience popular attractions throughout the evening.

Parties are slated for Sept. 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 28, 30 and Oct. 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, 16, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31. To purchase advance tickets, guests can call 407/W-DISNEY or visit disneyworld.com/halloween.

wdwCC

I found this Disney press release on allears.net. The Villain's Mix & Mingle or Halloween Dance Parties aren't listed, does this mean they aren't happening this year?

Mickey and Minnie Planning to Show off New Costume-Party Look at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Dates Beginning Sept. 5

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- When the Disney characters dress up for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this September and October, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will be debuting a whole new look. Mickey has traded his scarecrow costume for stunning purple and orange eveningwear fit for a Halloween ball. Not to be outdone, Mickey's best girl, Minnie Mouse, exchanged her witch costume for a party dress to complement Mickey's attire.

For Mickey, it's a top hat and purple tails. For Minnie, it's a party dress with a purple hat with an orange ribbon -- bright and colorful, befitting the fun on 25 evenings between Sept. 5 and Oct. 31 when Magic Kingdom hosts the popular after-hours party.

Guests are invited to dress up as well for the 7 p.m.-midnight party which features two scheduled entertainment extravaganzas guests can see at no other time: the "Boo-to-You" Halloween parade and the bewitching "Happy HalloWishes" fireworks spectacular. There's trick-or-treating galore and also a chance to experience popular attractions throughout the evening.

Parties are slated for Sept. 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 28, 30 and Oct. 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, 16, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31. To purchase advance tickets, guests can call 407/W-DISNEY or visit disneyworld.com/halloween.
Got tickets and looking forward to it!

stevediesel

Original Poster
I'll be there Sept 19th, so I'll guess we'll just have to wait & see the schedule from people who attend & give us a report. With all the cutbacks in Entertainment I'm just worried this even too will have some cuts.

Cmdr_Crimson

Just from how this sounds..It"s like they want to make MNSSHP a black tie gala of somekind...Makes me wonder what Donald, Goofy and Pluto shall be wearing?:lookaroun

nirauan

I'm going on 23rd september. does anyone know is you get kicked out of the park before 7 or will we be able to stay in mk for the 'switch over' to halloween party?

stevediesel

Original Poster
^When I ordered my tickets they said we could get into the MK @ 4pm w/ the MNSSHP ticket, so I don't think you'll get kicked out before 7pm.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
Headed to the party on Sept 12!

Just because they aren't listed doesn't mean they won't happen. I guess we shall find out in less than 2 weeks or so.

Woohoo!

WildLodgeFan

I asked the same question a few weeks ago hoping one of the CM's in the know could respond, unfortunately, no one chimed in. I'm going to be pretty disappointed if they are not having the Mix & Mingle - I was looking forward to the show and on top of the fact they really raised the prices this year.

shoppingnut

I'm going on 23rd september. does anyone know is you get kicked out of the park before 7 or will we be able to stay in mk for the 'switch over' to halloween party?

Yes, you can stay. Any time after 4p, just find out where the CM's are that are giving out the wristbands for the party. You just need to bring your tickets and get in the line to get the wristbands. They usually have CM's near the hub area.

DisneyGigi

Hmm, I hope it is till going to be going on. DD loves the villians and September 5th will be our first time attending. So excited! I wonder how crowded the first party will be especially since the Night of Joy is going on the same night at DHS?

drew81

Last I heard Mix n Mingle was still on.

And the new overlays for Mickey and Minnie possibly sound like what Disneyland has.

fmingo36

You get a MNSSHP wristband when you enter the park so you don't have to leave and re-enter the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom