MNSSHP in August 2020 yes or no?

wendyphant

So this is a big change for us as we have done all our trips in May/June but as DS is older now and taking out of school is a bigger issue we have to go in August next year - yes I know we are planning well ahead of time but need time to save.
so basically MNSSHP in August 2020 yes or no?
Are the rides quieter eg splash space and railroad?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
We already go in August and September. A couple of things to consider:

It is very very hot and humid.

The number of available admissions for holiday parties has steadily gone up. So the party nights are becoming significantly more crowded than they were years ago. For the price it is still an ok value, but until around 10PM a lot of the park will feel very crowded. Lines will be lower than typical evenings but not walk on until after 10. 7DMT and Peter Pan will always have a wait, so I would hold off on doing them till the very end.

I would do it just for the experience. The first party I went to was awful because it was not only a sellout, but it had spillover from the prior nights party which had been canceled due to weather. We gave it another chance for Out next trip and it turned out to be much better.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

It is one of the best events offerred so I would suggest you go. The unique parade, fireworks, shows, character M&G's will add to your trip experience. It has been more crowded as its gained in popularity but still not as bad as other park days when the park fills up. Later in the evening things start to quiet down so you have the opportunity to get on more rides faster. The attraction lines arent as bad but the M&G lines stay quite long because of the popular characters that show up. The money you save up and spend for this still is worth it IMHO.

Upvote 0

JohnD

we are arriving 10th til 25th August :)

Yep. Definitely UK. ("25th August" rather than "August 25th). In your case, I say go for i. You're flying across the pond to get here. I advise wearing lightweight costumes, though. Still very hot in August in Florida.

Upvote 0

wendyphant

Original Poster
Yep. Definitely UK. ("25th August" rather than "August 25th). In your case, I say go for i. You're flying across the pond to get here. I advise wearing lightweight costumes, though. Still very hot in August in Florida.
Ha Ha I would never make it as a secret agent hiding that I am a brit and wait til I speak I am obviously welsh too

Upvote 0

JohnD

Are all the rides in MK open during MNSSHP?

No. Some will be closed. Typically Jungle Cruise will be closed. Tiki Birds, COP, Hall of Presidents, and Tom Sawyer Island will be closed. I believe Treehouse will be closed also. Almost all other rides will be open. HM, of course. There will be some live actors inside Pirates.

Upvote 0

oliviosis

If you aren't bothered by the heat, then go! Pick reasonable costumes for the heat and humidity and make sure to spend some time at your resort to rest before hand. We went in mid October and it was crazy crowded and not worth it to me but I've heard that crowds are much lower and more manageable for the August dates.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom