MNSSHP- Adults in costume or not

elbi999

Original Poster
Hello everyone. We are very excited for our first family trip to WDW at the end of the month. We are going to be doing the halloween party the first day we are down there. Our 4 year old daughter has her costume all set. My husband and I would rather not dress up. Do most adults get dressed in costume? Are we going to look out of place if we are not in a costume?
Thanks for the help. I am sure I will be posting many more questions before we leave.

Laura

MissM

Oh do dress up! It's terribly fun to dress up and trick-or-treat at the Magic Kingdom! :D Adults do indeed dress up. Even when they're not with kids. Love and I did and I was so glad I did. It's so fun to just let loose and be a kid again sometimes.

The closer you get to Halloween, the higher the percentage of people who dress up is going to be. Almost everyone was Halloween night 2005. Those who weren't were generally in at least themed t-shirts. It was the norm to be dressed up. So I say go for it. It's too much fun and of all places in the world, MK is the place to let yourself be silly! :animwink:
-m

Brian_WDW74

Some adults wear costumes. Others don't. WDW is the one place where you shouldn't worry about looking out of place. Wear a costume. Don't wear a costume. Wear Mickey ears, Crocs and lanyards stuck with a hundred pins around your necks. It doesn't matter. The important thing is to have fun. Enjoy yourselves!

danpam1024

Hello everyone. We are very excited for our first family trip to WDW at the end of the month. We are going to be doing the halloween party the first day we are down there. Our 4 year old daughter has her costume all set. My husband and I would rather not dress up. Do most adults get dressed in costume? Are we going to look out of place if we are not in a costume?
Thanks for the help. I am sure I will be posting many more questions before we leave.

Laura

I think our avatar speaks for itself...:king:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I would say that you would not feel at all out of place if you did not wear a costume. I haven't when I've gone...but I also go earlier in the month. Some of the adult costumes are outstanding and great to see...just isn't my preference. Depending on when in Sept. or Oct. I would advise that you think about costume weight and mobility. I is usually quite warm in the evenings, and those with full body costumes are often rather uncomfortable.

Enjoy it either way!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is about a 50-50 split between adults that wear or do not wear costumes. I did not dress up the first year and while I did not feel out of place I really wished I had dressed up. I have dressed up every year since and I would highly recommend that you do dress up. It really helps you to get into the mood and be a kid at Halloween again.

brkgnews

It is about a 50-50 split between adults that wear or do not wear costumes. I did not dress up the first year and while I did not feel out of place I really wished I had dressed up. I have dressed up every year since and I would highly recommend that you do dress up. It really helps you to get into the mood and be a kid at Halloween again.
And he makes an awesome pirate.

MickeyFan77

I guess I will be the party pooper and not dress up. My dh will definately not to it and I am not really into dressing up. My kids will be. I guess I just don't feel like spending tons of $$ to do it although I am sure you can go cheaper I am just not very creative so I would have to spend the $$$.

so if you don't dress up you won't be the only one.

dixiegirl

Oh definatly do dress up!!! This will be our 3rd time going to MNSSHP and My girls and I will be dressing up, the hubby would rather not so he found a great shirt at walmart thats orange and says "I don't do costumes" ...Me I'm going as a mouseketeer , I love it though, makes you feel like your 12 yrs old again!!!! Only at Disney can you get away with that, oh and wearing mouse ears all week!!!! Little drift , I was telling a client about doing that, wearing mouse ears all week , while at disney, she could'nt believe it, that I did that, I said many people do ...where else could you do that?!! and get away with it!!!

apatten22

My husband and I didn't want to dress up but our daughter wanted us to. To make her happy, we got scrubs with Disney characters on them and went as doctors. It really was a lot of fun!

dragonfox98

Well, as I said in another post - I was going to dress up as Tinkerbell and DH was going to be Captain Hook (to go along with our children - Peter Pan & Wendy). But now that I am pregnant hubby and I are just going to pass (I don't want to dress up like a cow or anything). I have a really cool tank top that says "Wicked" that I am hoping against hope I will be able to fit in in four weeks. But alas, I'll probably have to wear a Halloween themed mumu.....:ROFLOL:

I hope you have lots of fun!

animay

A little off topic, but on the subject of the Halloween party, does anyone know if the horseman appears before both showings of the parade or just the first?

On topic: I'm going in a group of 6 adults and we're all dressing up in some way. It's definitely part of the fun. :)

jalpcm

We are going to the party on the 30th and are dressing up. My daughter and I have the same costume - half devil, half angel. We decided to make my husband a priest, but his costume might change the closer we get. Whether it be Disney or not, I dress every year. Actually twice a year - Halloween and Mardi Gras (since we live in the New Orleans area). I never can pass up feeling like a kid again! :)

I actually have a Mrs. Pots costume that I have been wearing for the past two years, but it is way too big to bring to Disney.

Wendy517

This will be our 3rd MSSHP (in early October). While we (DH and I) have never been 'in costume', we have coordinating pumpkin tees that we wear...a little festive, but not too bulky to carry in luggage.

cooleo

Lots of Adults do dress up & I am sure it would make the experience all the more fun for your daughter. After all, you will be in the "Happiest Place On Earth", So Be Happy & Have Fun. Life is too short to not enjoy every moment to the fullest. :)

JShkNBak

My husband and I are going to the party in middle of Oct. and we are soooooooooooo obsessing over costumes!! We never get to dress up anymore, so now is the time!! Its going to be a lot of fun!

3fordisney

My son has dressed in costume. My husband and I haven't done so. We have seen many adults in costumes, some very creative. Its just up to you and what you feel most comfortable doing. Either way you go, you won't feel out of place. Make sure you check out the parade. Its one of our favorites. We always catch both during the party. The fireworks are awesome as well. You'll have a great time, whether you choose to dress up or not. :dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom