MNSSHP, 40th Anniversary, Food & Wine Festival, Keys to the Kingdom, and much more!

Hey everyone,
So I've been a long time lurker here basically posting rarely here and there. Thus, this is my first trip report and I hope you enjoy it! I went to the World with just my mom from September 28-October 3 and we stayed for the first time at Coronado Springs. We had a 6am flight out of New York, so we arrived at the airport at the god awful hour of 4am on Wednesday morning. After working for 8 eight hours followed by 6 hours of class the day before, saying I was in a bit of a lack of sleep induced coma was being gentle. It didn't help that my lovely cat who usually wakes me up to be let out of my room at 4am on the dot chose that particular morning to try out 2am. So basically, I was running on no sleep, but who cares? We were on our way to Disney World!

We were really looking forward to this trip as it held a lot of firsts for us. We're by no means new to visiting the parks, we've gone every year since I was born, sometimes twice. But this was the first time we would be going outside of the summer months or Christmas time, the first time staying at Coronado Springs, the first time on the Disney Dining Plan, the first time doing a tour, and the first time we would be traveling without at least a few other members of our family. Plus when we planned our trip in April, we didn't even realize at the time that the Food and Wine Festival would be going on or that it would be the 40th Anniversary. So needless to say, we had a lot of expectations and excitement for all of the new things we would be experiencing.

Thankfully our flight was actually on time and we even landed early! Upon getting to MCO, we waited only about five minutes before boarding our Magical Express bus and barely thirty minutes later we were walking into the lobby of Coronado Springs. My family has stayed everywhere ranging from the Polynesian to the All Stars, but our favorite resort has always been Port Orleans French Quarter. I think this is because it's where we have the most memories, therefore it feels the most "Disney" to us. Nevertheless, my mom and I were pretty excited to try a new hotel. Coronado Springs was gorgeous and we knew we were impressed the moment we entered the lobby. We had previously requested building 9B which was close to the lobby and main bus stop. We normally are able, even in the peak seasons, to obtain a room in the building we request. Unfortunately we ended up with a room at the back of the resort, but we weren't going to let it bother us. Thus we declined the offer for bell services to take us to our room and set off to drop off our things and head out to Epcot. Mistake number one right there. Given that it was now around noon and the Florida sun was blazing, we were melting in the warm clothes we had worn on the plane. Plus, we did not realize how freakin big the resort actually was. We finally made it to our room ten minutes later, toting all of our luggage and sweating. We were a little grouchy that it would be a somewhat inconvenient walk to the lobby, but we saw that we were near a bus stop and once again didn't let it bother us. Once changing, we headed to our bus stop...only to find it literally infested with bugs. I'm talking crawling on the floor, walls, ceiling, benches, our arms, legs, hair. It was disgusting. These are apparently "love bugs" that are native to Florida around this time of year, but there were so many of them it was actually impossible to stand in the bus stop. We finally gave up making the best of our room and decided to try our luck and return to the front desk to see if something closer was available. After a lengthy walk back and waiting at the desk for a while, we finally received a room in the building we originally requested and all was well. One interesting things was that when we complained about how unbearable the bugs were in that one stop, we were almost ignored by the cast members at the desk. We took that as a sign that the bugs would be everywhere and we would just have to deal, but after our first encounter we virtually did not see another one of them during our entire stay. So it was just that one bus stop that was a problem. We also had to drive through that stop and several others every day on the way to our stop to be dropped off. We noticed consistently that the other stops were all fine, but for some reason bus stop #3 was party central for the bugs. I'm sure other people near that stop must have complained, and I'm surprised that the situation was as bad as it actually was.

Anyway, as I said all was well for us and we were finally on our way to Epcot. By this point it was around 130 and we were starving. We hopped on Spaceship Earth since there was no wait, then headed over to The Land to Fastpass Soarin. Then we ate what was arguably our best quick service meal of the entire trip at Sunshine Seasons. I got a sandwich on ciabatta bread that was HUGE with strawberry shortcake and my mom got a Chinese noodle dish with chocolate cake. Both meals were do delicious, we vowed to eat there again, but somehow never got the chance.

After finally eating we hit Living with the Land and debated whether we were going to actually go to the Behind the Seeds tour we booked. Before we realized it was the 40th Anniversary, we had booked the tour for Saturday morning. But now that we knew there were going to be special celebrations in the Magic Kingdom we were toying with the idea of foregoing the tour. Next we headed over to Journey Into Imagination which is one of my favorite rides and I bought myself a great Dreamfinder shirt from the store located there. I then decided I was going to try Mission: Space. The last time I rode it was actually when they were doing a soft opening and it was not officially fully operating yet. My mom had actually gone on it as well then and ended up with a horrendous ear ache that knocked her out for two days of our trip. That story plus the always long lines had prevented me from riding since, but seeing that there was no line and I'm normally never bothered by any kind of ride, I decided to go for it. And let me tell you, I am so glad I did. I went straight for the orange path and remembered just how awesome a ride it was. Next up was Test Track which we basically walked right to the loading platform for, then back to Soarin to use our Fastpasses. Soarin being my mom's favorite ride, it is always one we frequent.

At this point we knew we wanted to try and catch Fantasmic that night, so we headed over to the International Gateway to hop on the boat to Hollywood Studios. At this point it was around 5pm and we were amazed that we had accomplished almost everything in Future World including lunch in just over three hours. We could definitely get used to avoiding those summer lines and heat. Once we got to Hollywood Studios we went straight for The Great Movie Ride followed by our first ride on Star Tours since the re-vamp. It was awesome. We rode numerous times during our visit and only experienced one scene more that once. The graphics and quality of the video itself are really fantastic, I'm so glad they were able to breathe some new life into what was already such a good ride. It was then getting to be around the time for people to start lining up for Fantasmic, so wanting a good seat my mom went ahead to secure us a good spot. I headed off to ride Rock n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror, which I accomplished in about a half hour. There were literally no lines anywhere. Coming from the middle of July when it's so crowded you can barely walk without bumping into someone sweaty, this was so strange to me. Although like I said, I can definitely get used to the no crowds. I headed back over to Fantasmic and found my mom front and center with arguably the best seats we had ever had. It was then that my mom pointed up to the sky and I noticed what I had somehow failed to see throughout my whole walk to her...a giant lightening storm basically right above the stage. Knowing Fantasmic's cancellation policy well, we knew that there was a slim chance the show would happen when there was any chance of lightening let alone a giant storm. We should have cut our loses there (seeing as it was now 8 and we had been awake since 2am) but we stayed optimistic. Eventually an announcement was made that the show might be delayed...then another one saying the show might be cancelled, so we took that as our cue to just call it a day.

We headed back to Coronado Springs and decided to grab dinner quickly and just go back to the room to pass out. Apparently at this hotel, you have to be seated and waited on even for quick service dining. We had never encountered this before and were fairly confused. You actually have to wait for a maitre'd to seat you, a server comes and brings you your drinks, then you have to take a slip of paper and wait at a counter for your food. After eating, you take your slip of counter to the front of the place to pay. It was just a very odd system that we really weren't fans of, especially when we were so exhausted. But eventually we made it back to our room to pass out and catch up on sleep since we had the Keys to the Kingdom tour bright and early the next morning.

Day 2 coming soon!

(A question for everyone who posts pictures here, what is the easiest way to go about doing so? Flickr? I have some pretty good shots from the trip that I would love to share throughout my trip report. Thanks!)

jhoff3405

I'm along for the ride.
I'm not much help with the pics as I tend to upload each individually....I'm sure someone has a much quicker way.

TheMouseFan

Great start to your TR. I don't know if it's the easiest, but I use Photobucket to post my pics. You just copy the IMG from your picture and paste it into your post. Hope that helps!

tink729

Original Poster
Great start to your TR. I don't know if it's the easiest, but I use Photobucket to post my pics. You just copy the IMG from your picture and paste it into your post. Hope that helps!

Thank you! I just uploaded everything there so there should be pictures up soon!

tink729

Original Poster
Some pictures from Day 1...

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

Day 2 coming soon!

PolynesianPrincess

Great TR so far!! :wave:

We've only been to the world once in the summer... Never again!! It was crazy!! We usually go in the spring (April-May) and its usually pretty nice that time of year.

tink729

Original Poster
Day 2

IMG_2165.jpg

Day 2 started with heading to the Magic Kingdom for our 830 Keys to the Kingdom Tour. We've always wanted to do a tour, but with crowd levels in the summer we feel like we've never had time. Thus, we were looking forward to this tour perhaps more than anything else on our trip. We arrived around 8 to check in and get our name tags and headsets and found out that our tour guide would be Patrick. We were offered free water and coffee and asked to come back at 9 when the tour would begin. We took this time to get some pictures of the Halloween decorations on Main Street and have breakfast in the Bakery (those cinnamon buns are my weakness!).

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg

tink729

Original Poster
IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

At 9am we were off with the tour. Let me say here that Patrick was beyond what we dreamed of having for a tour guide. He was articulate, funny, entertaining, and most of all a true Disney fan. You could tell he was enjoying giving us the tour as much as we were enjoying listening. He explained to us how some tours last around four hours, but his never clock in at less than five, he believed in delivering the best, most informative tour possible. And it was true, the tour that left after us actually surpassed us not too long after our tour began. We definitely received the best tour possible and it was all thanks to Patrick!

Our tour began walking down Main Street where we learned about the history behind the names on a bunch of the windows. From there we stopped in the hub for a few moments and carried on to Adventureland. We rode once on the Jungle Cruise and then headed backstage for a little magic. I'm not going to go into further detail about any of the backstage stuff of specific stories etc that were told to us because I don't want to ruin the tour for someone reading who may want to take it in the future. After backstage, we proceeded to walk through Frontierland along the river and ended at the Columbia Harbor House where we had lunch. While eating we were presented with special pins shaped as a key to commemorate our tour experience. After lunch we talked about and rode the Haunted Mansion. Following this we headed back towards Main Street where we experienced another hour of backstage magic in the Utilidors. After that we returned to town hall where Patrick gave us a last small lecture and bid us farewell. All in all, our tour lasted five hours including lunch. I really can't stress enough how much we enjoyed ourselves and we are definitely toying the idea of doing the Backstage Magic Tour (which spans all four parks) during our next trip.

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

After the tour we decided to stay in the Magic Kingdom for a few hours before heading to Epcot for Illuminations. Since we hadn't been in Tomorrowland yet, we decided to head there first and do one of our favorite attractions, Buzz Lightyear. As per usual, I smoked my mom points wise and basked in my glory with a trip to Space Mountain. As I'm sure I'll say again in this TR, I was amazed by the lack of crowds as I practically walked directly to the loading dock and into a car. After Space Mountain, we decided to test our luck with no crowds in Fantasyland. In the summers with the big crowds, we mainly avoid Fantasyland at all costs during daylight hours due to the lines. But being significantly less crowded and right around the time of the 3 o'clock parade, we decided to go for it. And this choice definitely payed off. We started with the Tea Cups and managed to get on Winnie the Pooh, Philharmagic, and It's A Small World in less than an hour. Some thoughts on Fantasyland though. First off, I enjoyed Winnie the Poohs enhanced queue, but I can't say that I see the practicality of it in the off seasons. Sure, it is a great play area and distraction for young children, but in terms of line management I don't see the advantage when there are no crowds. I had the same issue with the Haunted Mansion's new queue as well. I noticed that where we could have walked directly to the loading area, we became stuck behind families blocking the line's path as they took pictures and waited for their children to play. When the line is not moving in high crowds, this is totally fine. But when there is no line, either come back after riding to let your children play or don't insist on blocking the whole path while waiting for them. In retrospect it really was not a huge deal, but it can get frustrating when you just want to keep moving and get on the ride. Another thing we noticed in Fantasyland was that Philharmagic seemed significantly blurry in some scenes. Mostly the opening and closing when Donald is with the orchestra itself. We wondered whether it was because we ended up sitting a little closer than we normally would have and decided to check back another day to see if that was the case.

tink729

Original Poster
IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

Next we headed back to the Haunted Mansion to walk through the new queue. While I enjoyed it far more than the Winnie the Pooh one, it was the same issue with people getting backlogged waiting for kids or other party members to figure out how to correctly use a camera. Either way, the new additions were definitely adding to the theme and were enjoyable.

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

tink729

Original Poster
IMG_2203.jpg

We doubled back to Adventureland at this point to check out the restored Enchanted Tiki Room. It was like visiting an old friend after having to deal with an annoying friend for quite some time. (Can you tell I didn't enjoy the Under New Management years?) Nothing can be said except the show is back to how it should have remained all along. We followed this up with rides on Pirates and Big Thunder Mountain. We decided to eat at Pecos Bill's before heading to Epcot, and once again were shocked at the short lines and how easily we were able to find a table. Once we got to Mai Street we decided to ride the Railroad to see if we could get a good view of the new Fantasyland construction through the old Toontown station. While we weren't able to see much, we definitely got to check out the new Dumbo circus tents and even spotted a bunch of signs that still read "Mickey's Toontown Fair."

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

As we boarded the monorail, we realized that it was sunset and we would probably get some great shots with this lighting.

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

tink729

Original Poster
IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

When we got to Epcot, we realized that it was the soft opening of the Food and Wine Festival. We were pretty excited until we saw the massive lines for virtually every booth. That, combined with the fact that we had just eaten dinner, made us decide to stick with our original plan of doing the F&W on Sunday during the day. Instead we decided to head to Mexico for the Three Caballeros boat ride and then scope out a good spot for Illuminations. We ended up all the way back at the entrance to Future World which was definitely worth it in terms of getting out of the park quickly and beating the massive crowds to the buses. I should mention here that somehow Coronado Springs has the first or second bus stop at every single park. Definitely a perk for when you are exhausted and don't want to move anymore at the end of the day.

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

Day 3 coming soon!

me_stitch

Premium Member
I was at Coronado from Sept. 29th - Oct. 9th. We were in Ranchos 7a and used bus stop #3. The first few days the love bugs were aweful but after that they seemed to disappear. As for the Pepper Market, we loved it. We just ordered our food to go and sat ouside by the lake. The chicken quesadilla was nummy. We only ate there a few times, breakfast once and a couple of late dinners by the lake. The walk to the Ranchos section isn't to bad but after walking in the parks all day I found myself riding the busses to El Centro if I needed something. Oh, and we loved the pool area.

tink729

Original Poster
Day 3

Day 3 started with us heading to Animal Kingdom for the morning extra magic hours. We were looking forward to spending time there outside of the summer months where you are melting and there is so little shade. The slightly cooler weather definitely made the park more enjoyable. We got to the hub in front of the tree of life twenty minutes before rope drop and just hung around planning our route for the day. Once we were allowed inside, we headed straight for Killimanjaro Safaris and had one of the most animal filled rides we've ever had. Not only did we see two cheetahs that were relatively close to the front of their area, we also finally saw a male lion for the first time! The only animals we didn't see much of were the elephants.

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

After the safari, we headed over to the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail to check out the gorillas. We were in luck in that there was a baby playing around with his mother in their habitat. While they were towards the back of the area, it was the highlight of my visit that day. So cute! The other gorillas were so close to the glass it was great to just get to watch and observe them from so close.

IMG_2252.jpg

tink729

Original Poster
We then headed over to Expedition Everest which is one of the top rides on my list. I was interested to see the current status of the Yeti as well. It kind of does look a little better now that they added the strobe light so that you really only get flashes of it. But I mean, it's still fairly disappointing to my memories of him from the year it opened. Either way, the ride was awesome as always. We then walked through the Maharajah Jungle Trek where we found the tigers sleeping/laying right near the glass as well. We hadn't done this trek for a few years and it was definitely a good choice to see it again. It offers a nice change of pace and some shade to enjoy while taking a break from the rest of the park. Dinoland was next and we basically walked right into a car for Dinosaur. This is one of my mom's favorite rides and we always enjoy it, especially the ridiculous pun of Dr. Grant Seeker. We decided to check out It's Tough To Be A Bug on our way out as well to see if there were any changes after the refurbishment. No big changes that I could see, but the Hopper figure did look pretty good. One thing with this show that always gets me is the amount of children who end up terrifying and crying when the spiders attack and the fog rolls in. I always think this after the fact but always fail to check out if there are any warnings etc. on the line's path. We had been wanting to visit the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a while now, so we decided to head over there for lunch before going to Downtown Disney to do some shopping. The lodge was beautiful and the savannah was gorgeous as well. We ate lunch in The Mara and had a pizza with some kind of spicy green sauce. It was delicious! I never really like to get pizza anywhere outside of my favorite places at home and in Manhattan. I strongly believe in that there is no pizza but New York pizza! But this one was pretty good!

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

Next we headed to Downtown Disney to pick up more souvenirs than we probably needed, but it's hard to resist when you get wrapped up in the World of Disney!

We next headed back to Coronado Springs to rest up for a little while and get dressed in our Not So Scary Halloween Party outfits! I went dressed as Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas and my mom went dressed in a Halloween vest and some basic orange and black.

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

The Halloween party was so much fun! We arrived at the Magic Kingdom at 4pm and walked around hitting some attractions that we normally pass over including The Hall of Presidents. At first I felt a little ridiculous in that we were some of the only people walking around in costumes, but as 7pm (when the party officially started) got closer there were more and more people dressed up. Some of the costumes we saw were absolutely fantastic! My favorites were a Mary Poppins and Bert in their outfits from Chim Chim Cher-ee. We decided to eat a quick dinner in Pinocchio's Village Haus before heading to the Emporium at 7 in order to pick up some of the special merchandise they put out specifically for the party. We picked up some pins and tshirts and headed back to Tomorrowland where we rode Buzz Lightyear, the TTA, and Space Mountain. We decided to quickly walk to Snow White's Scary Adventures before headed to the hub to get a good spot for the night's festivities. We ended up right behind the Partners statue to watch the Villains Meet and Greet, the Boo to You Parade, and Hallowishes. The villains show was pretty great. I love the Princess and the Frog, so the fact that they featured Dr. Facilier so prominently was cool. The Boo to Your Parade I think may have been my favorite thing of the entire trip. After having gotten to check out some of the props in our tour the day before, it was great to see them float by. The song has also been essentially constantly stuck in my head for the last week and a half!

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

tink729

Original Poster
IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

Hallowishes was awesome. Basically anything that combines the Haunted Mansion and pyrotechnics is going to keep me pretty satisfied hahaha. After the fireworks, we headed over to finally ride Peter Pan. This has always been one of my favorite attractions, when I was little I insisted on getting right back on the line after getting off the ride. We rode the Haunted Mansion and then headed to Splash Mountain. I love the theme of Splash and have been trying to convince my mom to at least try it for years (she has a fear of heights), but I was unsuccessful yet again on this trip. I headed onto the line and again walked right up to the log and was even give my choice of where I wanted to sit seeing as I was the only one in the log itself. That was definitely a first, I've never had my own log before! Only at this point did it occur to me that it was actually kind of chilly so I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to ride, but I figured we were heading back to the hotel afterwards so it wouldn't be terrible if I was a little wet. Well, I got SOAKED. Not from the drop, but from the water cannon in front of the drop that you pass by in the very beginning of the ride. I was dripping wet. It was pretty funny after the fact that I didn't even get misted on the big drop itself. I must have been quite a sight at this point- dressed in my Halloween costume and dripping. Needless to say, we called it a night at that point and decided to rest up before the 40th Anniversary celebration the next morning.

PolynesianPrincess

That seems to be the way it is on Splash... you either get SOAKED or you barely get wet at all. Last time my sister and I rode, we stai n the last row and didn't get a drop on us. The water cannons before the lift hill were off though so if they had been on, well, that might have made a difference. :lol:

tink729

Original Poster
Day 4

Day 4 marked the actual 40th Anniversary of the Magic Kingdom. We had originally wanted to get there for the opening of the park and see the character cavalcade that was occurring at 10am. However, when we had stopped in Town Hall the night before to ask about what exactly was going on for the 40th, they informed us that people were planning on arriving at the gates as early as 5am to get bracelets so that they could be the first to purchase some of the exclusive merchandise being sold. this made us a little weary that it was going to be really, really crowded. So we decided to head to Hollywood Studios for the morning Extra Magic Hours to catch Toy Story Midway Mania. We ended up getting to do Toy Story, Star Tours, and the Rock n Roller Coaster within an hour and then started to make our way over the Magic Kingdom.

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

We decided to take a bus to the Ticket and Transportation Center and then take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. As we got to the TTC, we decided to walk to the Polynesian and see if we could make a reservation for Kona Cafe for breakfast on Monday so that we could have some Tonga Toast. We have an obsession with Tonga Toast. It is literally my favorite breakfast food in the world. We've actually made it at home with fairly successful results. We decided to walk around the grounds quickly to take some pictures and ended up passing Captain Hooks. We then realized that they served Tonga Toast there! Needless to say, we couldn't just walk by. And it was delicious to the very last bite. After stuffing myself with banana and brown sugar goodness, we hopped on the monorail to finally head to the Magic Kingdom. By this point, unfortunately it was after 10am, so we had missed the character cavalcade and the speeches. As we walked down Main Street, it was packed. the crowds were substantially bigger than the previous few days, but this was to expected give the occasion.

IMG_2343.jpg

We started the day in the Magic Kingdom off with the Carousel of Progress. I can't help but smile when the song starts up, and I always have it stuck in my head for days after (not that I mind). Next up was a trip on the TTA to get a better view of the crowd and plan our next move. We decided to head over to Fantasyland to go on Philharmagic. We wanted to see if some scenes were still blurry, so we made sure to sit further back than we had the other day. Scenes were much clearer, but the Donald orchestra scenes were still slightly blurry. Did anyone notice this recently? Next up was Small World followed by a spin on the Haunted Mansion. We waited on line for the HM for a while, and began to realize that we weren't moving at all when we were basically ten feet from the door. After about ten minutes of this, they made the announcement that the ride had broken down. At this point we debated going back to go for a swim or heading to Frontierland for a little longer. We decided to go see the Country Bears since we hadn't yet and then waited on line for Big Thunder. At this point we were tired and hungry so we decided to head back to the hotel for a quick swim.

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

tink729

Original Poster
After our swim, we ate lunch at the hotel and hung out by the lake for a while. I ordered a frozen strawberry margarita from the bar. It was a pretty good margarita, but for the price ($10, I believe) it could have used a little more tequila. Tequila is my drink of choice so I may be a little biased here, but I would have been a little more happy with a little more of it. By the time we got back to the Magic Kingdom it was around 6pm, and we first walked around the Emporium to see if any of the exclusive 40th Anniversary merchandise was left. Who were we kidding, if people were lines up at 5am of course there was none left. So we continued on to Tomorrowland to ride Buzz Lightyear. The line said something along the lines of a thirty minute wait, so when after fifteen minutes we hadn't even gotten inside the building we gave up and got off line. The crowds by this point were very dense, almost to the level of the usual summertime crowds. We decided to once again go on (what else?) the TTA to plan out our next move. We decided to just eat dinner early so that we could head to Main Street and get a good spot for the special anniversary showing of Wishes. We decided on getting dinner in Cosmic Rays, which I usually love because I can load my burger up with about eight pounds of onions. However, the burgers were awful. They were so dry no amount of ketchup was helping. Giving up on the burgers w just enjoyed our fries, but I was really disappointed in my burger after being so excited for it. After eating we headed to Main Street which was beyond crowded, so much to the point where it was hard to walk down the sidewalk. We were being pushed, stepped on, and shoved from every direction. I personally hate this. I am a big believer in personal space and it was being violated majorly at this point. When we eventually found a spot where we could stand, it was someone around the clothing part of the Emporium's entrance. This was our first time seeing the Magic, Memories and You show and we thought it was fantastic. The graphics on the castle were so beautiful and the score itself was great too. We really enjoyed the show and were pumped for the fireworks. Wishes did not fail to deliver. It was a fantastic show with the perimeter fireworks being deployed as well. Unfortunately, I have no pictures from the show and the fireworks because I wanted to just enjoy the whole experience myself. After the fireworks, the park was open until midnight, but we decided to call it a night and head back to the hotel.

IMG_2351.jpg

Sorry for the lack of pictures today, I don't know how we ended up with very few from this particular day. But no worries, there are plenty more to come!

Day 5 coming soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom