MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

MattC

Congrats to any Houston fans we have here. Time for a little break and see what happens with FAs this off season.

Dad 2 M & M

People are still salty about something that happened years ago, move on already.
Nope

As an Atlanta fan, always, constantly reminded of our shortcomings….not time to move on…they’re still getting a free pass

I guess because everyone is happy they beat the evil Yankees….the evil best team ever in any sport somehow makes it okay

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Nope

As an Atlanta fan, always, constantly reminded of our shortcomings….not time to move on…they’re still getting a free pass

I guess because everyone is happy they beat the evil Yankees….the evil best team ever in any sport somehow makes it okay
You do realize the Yankees and Red Sox were also accused of cheating around the same time, right? Boston literally fired their manager cause of it. But the Astros are the only ones to still get flak?

Dad 2 M & M

You do realize the Yankees and Red Sox were also accused of cheating around the same time, right? Boston literally fired their manager cause of it. But the Astros are the only ones to still get flak?
Yes, well aware

Only mentioned the Yankees to point out some we’re glad they lost and didn’t/don’t care means used to oust them

Some of my heartburn was the attempt by a few to say they weren’t participating….at lest one of them was wearing a buzzer type gizmo….

Amazed at the lack of punishment to the players, and no vacating of the Title

Baseball really began to lose its lustre during the steroid era(when it was revealed/acknowledged)

It seems a few of those who were partaking are vilified….one slugger and one pitcher will never make the Hall, while an Iron Man is never questioned as dirty…..

Most of my issue is the lack of consistency when dealing/focusing on scandal

MattC

Yes, well aware

Only mentioned the Yankees to point out some we’re glad they lost and didn’t/don’t care means used to oust them

Some of my heartburn was the attempt by a few to say they weren’t participating….at lest one of them was wearing a buzzer type gizmo….

Amazed at the lack of punishment to the players, and no vacating of the Title

Baseball really began to lose its lustre during the steroid era(when it was revealed/acknowledged)

It seems a few of those who were partaking are vilified….one slugger and one pitcher will never make the Hall, while an Iron Man is never questioned as dirty…..

Most of my issue is the lack of consistency when dealing/focusing on scandal
Well said.

MattC

Not sure how I am feeling on this one yet. Maybe someone can help me see the upside.

I mean, defensively our catching situation could use an upgrade. But, offensively we were pretty good. There are other areas trade capital could have been spent.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

And Swanson to the Cubs.
Don't understand what must have been happening behind the scenes here....didn't (Braves)even seem to pursue him at all?

Not sure how I am feeling on this one yet. Maybe someone can help me see the upside.

I mean, defensively our catching situation could use an upgrade. But, offensively we were pretty good. There are other areas trade capital could have been spent.
Seemed to be a lot of capital spent here......a Defensive Catcher is really important and greatly underappreciated.....3 Big League Players went away and one was a budding star, albeit offense power with issues framing pitches

MattC

Don't understand what must have been happening behind the scenes here....didn't (Braves)even seem to pursue him at all?

Seemed to be a lot of capital spent here......a Defensive Catcher is really important and greatly underappreciated.....3 Big League Players went away and one was a budding star, albeit offense power with issues framing pitches
I’m sure the Braves tried to get Swanson on some level. But I doubt the Braves came close to 25mil a year like the Cubs did. Frankly, I don’t think Swanson is a 25mil/year guy. He has not had that many great seasons to give me confidence in his ability to repeat last season again and again. Cubs willing to pay up though.

As far as the catcher switch. I can see the upside in a better defensive catcher. I’d like to see the Braves through out more runners for sure. But, like you said, the Braves paid A LOT for him.

LSLS

The no shift stuff is REALLY stupid. I also don't think this stuff is going to help. I mean, how often does a pitcher take more than 20 seconds? And isn't that going to be offset if you are putting more runners on base?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom