MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

Slpy3270

MLB is back on NBC...sorta.

Peacock will take over TBS's Sunday games beginning May 8. First game (White Sox vs. Red Sox) will be simulcast on NBC. Games will only be available on the premium tier. Peacock also gains exclusive rights to the SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game.

MattC

Acuna on a rehab assignment with the Strippers. They are playing in Jacksonville tonight against the Shrimp.

Edit: He looked good. 1 for 3 and hard contact. Lots of Braves fans showed up with many wearing Acuna jerseys. Acuna interacted with several kids and signed a couple of things between innings. Good to see.

Attachments

• D24422E1-0E0B-4453-A772-6A3B630EA6D0.jpeg
    D24422E1-0E0B-4453-A772-6A3B630EA6D0.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Acuna on a rehab assignment with the Strippers. They are playing in Jacksonville tonight against the Shrimp.

Edit: He looked good. 1 for 3 and hard contact. Lots of Braves fans showed up with many wearing Acuna jerseys. Acuna interacted with several kids and signed a couple of things between innings. Good to see.
cool

was able to take in Orioles vs Yankees this past Sunday at Camden,,,,,with my sister and nephews

had a blast.....thinking about taking in an Iron Pigs game next time i'm up in her stomping ground (near Philly)

Diamond Dot

I do not like the runner on 2nd in extras either and am not thrilled about the universal DH.
I don't like the runner on 2B for extra innings but, I am warming up to the NL DH. Dom Smith of my Mets is good with bat, but, not so great with the mitt in the outfield as he's more of an infield player, so I like it that Alonso is on 1B and Smith can replace him there when Alonso is the DH

CynBeth

I don't like the runner on 2B for extra innings but, I am warming up to the NL DH. Dom Smith of my Mets is good with bat, but, not so great with the mitt in the outfield as he's more of an infield player, so I like it that Alonso is on 1B and Smith can replace him there when Alonso is the DH
I have not minded the universal DH as much as I thought. I regularly watch games for one AL team and one NL team in our area.

amjt660

Premium Member
Hello All
The runner on 2nd base is a method to end the game sooner - I have sat through games up to 18 innings (a long time ago in Toronto) and it gets very tedious

I see it similar to hockey going to 4 on 4 in the OT. Keep the same game structure - just try to induce a goal (or a run in baseball) sooner.

The last thing i want is the equivalent to a soccer shoot out

Can you imagine it ? - lets have a home run derby to decide the winner of the game!!

and in basketball we could do a free throw or 3point shooting contest.

With the runner on second and both teams getting a chance to hit (Hello NFL - are you listening!!!) at least this is a fair approach that usually ends the game quicker

Max

Dad 2 M & M

F6986AD2-6055-4A78-80DB-2EF5D90AC8A8.jpeg

Dad 2 M & M

Hello All
The runner on 2nd base is a method to end the game sooner -

With the runner on second and both teams getting a chance to hit (Hello NFL - are you listening!!!) at least this is a fair approach that usually ends the game quicker

realised
1 - Shazam…ending the game quicker….never realized their reasoning

2 - I guess the NFL was listening …link from a month or so back

NFL’s take was the OTHER extreme, as they HAVE to give each team a chance to score….Buffalo’s D had NO, ZERO, NOTTA answer to KC in the final minutes and Overtime….only fair to Buffalo another possession….so if Buffalo tied the game in OT, KC could score AGAIN with ZERO resistance from that stellar Buffalo D

Maybe the NFL should END any game in which a team scores a TD in three straight possessions?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom