MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

MattC

To answer the question….

Olsen is great and maybe and upgrade. Freddie next year and 2023, maybe 2024? But after that, I’d have to pass. Too long of a contract for a player that if we’re taking emotion out of the equation is/was at BEST the 3rd best hitter in the line up and often had lingering issues late in season(s).
Not gonna lie. I wanted him back, but I do agree with your assessment. 6 year deal to a player of his age is a risk and I like the guy we are getting.

Dad 2 M & M

Not gonna lie. I wanted him back, but I do agree with your assessment. 6 year deal to a player of his age is a risk and I like the guy we are getting.
Apparently his wife Chelsea posted a 30% off ad with her Clothing Line with hashtag Atlanta. The post has Dodger Stadium in the background…..

The suggestion was Atlanta was 30% low on their best offer….

Dad 2 M & M

I am with you there. HRs are fun and all. But, we need more guys who can put down a single, bunt, etc…

I am really looking forward to the minor league season getting going here. Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp make for a nice night out. $9 seats and reasonable hot dogs and drinks. Kinda what the big parks should be more like.
River Dogs just to your north are a great as well

Moving well to the north, Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs are a treat as well…

MattC

Apparently his wife Chelsea posted a 30% off ad with her Clothing Line with hashtag Atlanta. The post has Dodger Stadium in the background…..

The suggestion was Atlanta was 30% low on their best offer….
If that’s true, that’s tacky. Bad form.

I have never really paid much attention to her.

Dad 2 M & M

Braves aren’t wasting any time….

Braves sign Olsen to an 8 year, 168 million dollar contract

Basically the same money the Braves opt for Olsen at 8 years instead of Freeman for 5….

Dad 2 M & M

Good moves in my opinion.
Agreed

Especially when looking at it as getting BOTH Eddie and Matt for Freddie’s money

Freddie’s deal was FINALLY announced and was 6 years $162….$27 per annum

Not sure why the announcement was delayed or why the $$$ were not above $30 per…sources has the deal at $32 per and $192 total

Dad 2 M & M

Did it have to be the Dodgers?

Oh well, good for him.
The deal was $5m less than most thought it would be. Good for Freddie AND ATL sports.

I can’t recall Atlanta teams NOT resigning a cherished player and giving him “what he’s already earned “. They didn’t do that with Freddie; a good decision not to give a contract longer than 3-4 years

Dad 2 M & M

Did it have to be the Dodgers?

Oh well, good for him.
Another note here….

The Braves REALLY tried to sign Freddie…they reportedly offered 5 Years @ $28 per. At that point Freddie came back with the “I have an offer for more years and more $$$ per year”

It was the common understanding he was looking at $32m plus for 6 years, his camp was “leaking” the Braves were 30% low….

Freddie DIDN’T have an offer for more per year; he signed for $27m per year. While I understand he wanted that 6th year, it appears his Power Play failed and no one outside his camp valued Freddie in the $30m stratosphere

MattC

Another note here….

The Braves REALLY tried to sign Freddie…they reportedly offered 5 Years @ $28 per. At that point Freddie came back with the “I have an offer for more years and more $$$ per year”

It was the common understanding he was looking at $32m plus for 6 years, his camp was “leaking” the Braves were 30% low….

Freddie DIDN’T have an offer for more per year; he signed for $27m per year. While I understand he wanted that 6th year, it appears his Power Play failed and no one outside his camp valued Freddie in the $30m stratosphere
Yeah, I lost a little respect for Freeman through this. I understand the business side of it. Freddie had his own view, plus his manager's point of view, and his family (mostly the MRS I feel like). But, they overplayed their hand.

If Freeman really wanted to be in ATL he would be. Getting A LOT of money per year too.

Dad 2 M & M

Yeah, I lost a little respect for Freeman through this. I understand the business side of it. Freddie had his own view, plus his manager's point of view, and his family (mostly the MRS I feel like). But, they overplayed their hand.

If Freeman really wanted to be in ATL he would be. Getting A LOT of money per year too.
Heard that

On top of everything we have covered, it seems to have cost him for not being an Alpha…

MattC

Another note here….

National media is reporting that Freeman was blindsided. And Freeman’s remarks imply that as well.

More local sports media is reporting Braves made several attempts and were given a short ultimatum by Freeman’s representation.

I’m assuming the truth is somewhere in the middle. Time to just move on people. It’s done.

Dad 2 M & M

National media is reporting that Freeman was blindsided. And Freeman’s remarks imply that as well.

More local sports media is reporting Braves made several attempts and were given a short ultimatum by Freeman’s representation.

I’m assuming the truth is somewhere in the middle. Time to just move on people. It’s done.
Matt Ryan news will draw attention and maybe everyone will move on now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom