MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

Timmay

I really don’t like either the Dodgers or the Astros..but I can’t think of a more intriguing or exciting match up in the WS. I mean… who doesn’t want to see Joe Kelly throw both heaters and pouty faces at the Astros heads

MattC

Yeah, I am really rooting for SF to knock the Dodgers out. I do not want to face them.

I am thoroughly surprised my Braves have made it this far too.

Lilofan

ABH

Anybody But Houston.
I'd expect the opposing team's fans will be inflating and tossing trash cans onto field level before the 7th inning stretch. Rightly so, Houston is very disliked. When I played baseball and pitched in school, sign stealing ( who doesn't try to steal the signs from the catcher ) was the norm but Houston took it to the next level.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Dodgers it is. Here we go again.
As one fan put it, at an Angels game you are at Disneyland ( family friendly ). At a Dodger game you are at a baseball game. Anyone who comes into Dodger Stadium wearing the opposing jersey rooting for the visiting team will not be welcomed and that's mildly speaking. Dodger fans are an extremely rough crowd.

Last edited:

MattC

As one fan put it, at an Angels game you are at Disneyland ( family friendly ). At a Dodger game you are at a baseball game. Anyone who comes into Dodger Stadium wearing the opposing jersey rooting for the visiting team will not be welcomed and that's mildly speaking. Dodger fans are an extremely rough crowd.
One reason I do not enjoy playing against or watching games at Dodger stadium. I do not appreciate fan bases who behave that way.

I am glad we start the series in Atlanta.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Ummmm….no.

MattC

Rivalry is one thing. Grown folks acting like a ball game is life or death is over the top. I am all about supporting your team and getting into a game. But, some people act like the opposing team should be drawn and quartered on the field.

Lilofan

Rivalry is one thing. Grown folks acting like a ball game is life or death is over the top. I am all about supporting your team and getting into a game. But, some people act like the opposing team should be drawn and quartered on the field.
SF/LA rivalry got Giants fans killed or brain damage outside Dodger stadium. In 2003 a SF fan was killed outside the stadium. In 2011 a SF fan was beaten and ended up with brain damage and paralyzed also occured outside the stadium.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

D115B06E-9D6E-4A37-91B1-F60E2EF9D9C8.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom