MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

Pulling for the Bravos but remember the Braves/Yankees world series. Braves won games 1 and 2, winning game three 6 to 0, and it was all downhill after that.

Dad 2 M & M

Pulling for the Bravos but remember the Braves/Yankees world series. Braves won games 1 and 2, winning game three 6 to 0, and it was all downhill after that.
That was the 1st of two Braves/Yankees in the '90s...in that '96 Series the Braves became only team EVER to win the 1st two on the road and lose the World Series......Game 4 loss that year was what did them in as they led 6-1 late....Maddux did his annual Fall disappearing act in Game 6 of that series

The 2nd Braves/Yankees in '99 the Braves were swept....that was the year Chipper "carried the Braves on his back" to get swept in the World Series

Last edited:

MattC

My Braves took about 5 years off my life last night. Lol. Dodgers found some of that power that got them where they are. Tonight will be interesting. Braves can’t let that momentum carry over. If we do loose tonight it cannot be a blow out. Make the Dodgers earn it.

Sports shows, pre/post game always love teams like the Dodgers.

Dad 2 M & M

Need to win tonight..and IF Kershaw pitches Game 4 a Sweep is a certainty

lose tonight...and see if this year is different than those gone by

Dad 2 M & M

Friend just texted me, “what’s happening.”

My answer, “We are the Braves.”
Pitiful......and I expect them to fold now......and they're still up 2-1 in the series

Atlanta.....they would have zero titles if they hadn't played Cleveland in '95......

MattC

Is it just me and my Braves tinted glasses or is the national media in love with the Dodgers? I mean, there is a former Brave HOFer in the booth and you would never know it. I understand they aren’t doing the job as regular season team broadcasters, but come on.

We have made it deeper into the post season than I would have predicted when the season started. Well, after the first week and our pitching collapsed. It would be something special if we made it through to WS.

Dad 2 M & M

Is it just me and my Braves tinted glasses or is the national media in love with the Dodgers? I mean, there is a former Brave HOFer in the booth and you would never know it. I understand they aren’t doing the job as regular season team broadcasters, but come on.

We have made it deeper into the post season than I would have predicted when the season started. Well, after the first week and our pitching collapsed. It would be something special if we made it through to WS.
Part of it IS your tinted glasses as they’re REALLY being tough on Kershaw too (I thought I was the ONLY one that realized he was the modern Greg Maddox).
But SOME of it is Atlanta Sports in general. We have earned the expectation of “the failure is coming; just wait”
The rest IS the love for the Dodgers, and I don’t get it. They are the modern day version of the 90s Braves WITHOUT EVEN ONE RING

Last edited:

MattC

Part of it IS your tinted glasses as they’re REALLY being tough on Kershaw too (I thought I was the ONLY one that realized he was the modern Greg Maddox).
But SOME of it is Atlanta Sports in general. We have earned the expectation of “the failure is coming; just wait”
The rest IS the live for the Dodgers, and I don’t get it. They are the modern day version of the 90s Braves WITHOUT EVEN ONE RING
THANK YOU!

MattC

Plate ump tonight does not have a good strike zone at all. Nice when it goes your way, sucks when it doesn’t.

MattC

For sure. It isn't over until that 27th out on that 4th win.

As far as Ozuna goes. Dodgers showboat more than most. They better be able to take it if they gonna give it.

For the record: I am not a huge fan on all the showing off. Guys should have fun, but I feel like players are crossing the line way too much these days. The "line" is subjective though. My "line" isn't everyone elses. If guys wanna celebrate all kinds of ways and have all kinds of attitude on the field, fine. Don't get mad when the other guys do too. And definitely don't start throwing at people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom