MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

Tony Perkis

Once the season ramps up, what does the locker situation look like? Does the team use the lockers like normal? If so, what if a single player infects a few others, and other a 2-3 week period of time, if teams had too many cases, will it have to forfeit games? Will the season be shut down again?

So many obvious barriers that could derail this whole thing.

MattC

Once the season ramps up, what does the locker situation look like? Does the team use the lockers like normal? If so, what if a single player infects a few others, and other a 2-3 week period of time, if teams had too many cases, will it have to forfeit games? Will the season be shut down again?

So many obvious barriers that could derail this whole thing.
Yeah, there are so many variables. And like you said. Only takes one guy.

InnKpr

I wouldn't get too hyped-up if your team starts off red hot, or too bummed if they're in the cellar of the division.

As virus cases emerge and players are removed/added back, teams are gonna be changing in quality by the week. (Unless miraculously a vast majority of players avoid catching it throughout the season, which is a stretch.)

I'm guessing it's gonna be like tossing dice all the way throughout the playoffs as to what teams are good or not depending on where the virus goes. The same for any sport this year. The odds are, don't speculate anything.

Last edited:

Tony Perkis

My Braves are next.
Redskins, I get the name change.

The Rangers owners have already said no to their change. Two people write a column, get universally slammed for them, and now they’re put in their place. Big deal.

Braves I can see staying as are, but the tomahawk chant may be nixed.

InnKpr

Puig tested positive for Covid-19, not signing with Braves.
This is gonna be a roller coaster of a season.

I’m ok with this. Not that he got it. That we won’t be signing him.

Happy we got Freddie back today!
I was torn on Puig. Looking forward to his bat if he would perform like in his former glory days, kinda nervous though about the potential clubhouse drama.

MattC

This is gonna be a roller coaster of a season.

I was torn on Puig. Looking forward to his bat if he would perform like in his former glory days, kinda nervous though about the potential clubhouse drama.
Same. I have always said that it is amazing how much clubhouse drama can hurt a talented club. If the guys aren’t getting along off the field they usually aren’t clicking on the field.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom