MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

Raineman

Maybe the third best game I’ve ever been to, as a Rangers fan.
Can we have a civil discussion about this? I am a Blue Jays fan, and it still astonishes me that Rangers fans are still celebrating this 4 years later. What I find very ironic is that, during that 2016 season, alot of players started bat flipping and pimping home runs, including Rougned Odor. Bat flipping is "fun" and "let them play" now, but when it was done in a crucial moment, the batter is vilified for it? I don't really care any more, but I still don't get it.

InnKpr

Can we have a civil discussion about this? I am a Blue Jays fan, and it still astonishes me that Rangers fans are still celebrating this 4 years later. What I find very ironic is that, during that 2016 season, alot of players started bat flipping and pimping home runs, including Rougned Odor. Bat flipping is "fun" and "let them play" now, but when it was done in a crucial moment, the batter is vilified for it? I don't really care any more, but I still don't get it.
I've often wondered the same thing. Bat flips happen, yet Bautista was somehow pegged as the "evil chosen one" when he did it (?)
I don't have a horse in that Texas/Toronto race, but from the outside looking in, the situation made me lose a lot of respect for the Rangers by handling it as childishly as they did.

Seeing how Texas has had opposing hitters bat-flip on them since that incident, and as you mentioned, do it themselves, part of me wonders if that whole punch tantrum was more so retaliation/hurt feelings over losing the playoff series to Toronto, rather than being about Bautista himself.

Raineman

I've often wondered the same thing. Bat flips happen, yet Bautista was somehow pegged as the "evil chosen one" when he did it (?)
I don't have a horse in that Texas/Toronto race, but from the outside looking in, the situation made me lose a lot of respect for the Rangers by handling it as childishly as they did.

Seeing how Texas has had opposing hitters bat-flip on them since that incident, and as you mentioned, do it themselves, part of me wonders if that whole punch tantrum was more so retaliation/hurt feelings over losing the playoff series to Toronto, rather than being about Bautista himself.
I think you hit the nail on the head. I really didn't have any feelings about the Rangers either way before that (other than I'm happy that we beat them in game 5 the year before), but the fact that they waited until the last regular season game between the two teams, and in Texas, to retaliate, showed me all I needed to know about their character. Of course, we all know what happened in October that year, so... :D 🧹

21stamps

Yeah, sad times. We have a trip planned for end of May up to Atlanta for 2 games. Games tickets, hotel, and flight all purchased....... :(

Hope for that happening is fading day by day.

Sorry to hear that.

I had received diamond seats as a company Christmas present. That game is cancelled/postponed. At this point I’d just be happy for baseball to take place without fans, and be able to watch it on tv. I was really excited for the Reds this year.

MattC

Sorry to hear that.

I had received diamond seats as a company Christmas present. That game is cancelled/postponed. At this point I’d just be happy for baseball to take place without fans, and be able to watch it on tv. I was really excited for the Reds this year.
Diamond seats. Nice!

I too would just be happy watching on tv without fans at this point.

MattC

Any of you guys get ticket refunds through Ticketmaster for games that have been missed so far this year? We have tickets for May 27 and 28 in Atlanta. Just wondering if Ticketmaster is waiting on MLB to say something or refunds being sent out? Credits? Whatever they are doing.

21stamps

We’re watching the 1975 World Series

I’m reminded of why I always argue for Pete Rose to he inducted. What a joy to watch.

Put that man in the HoF.

21stamps

Any of you guys get ticket refunds through Ticketmaster for games that have been missed so far this year? We have tickets for May 27 and 28 in Atlanta. Just wondering if Ticketmaster is waiting on MLB to say something or refunds being sent out? Credits? Whatever they are doing.

I have half season tickets to FCC (soccer) have not received refunds for those. I’m assuming we’ll get future credits.

The baseball tickets I have were a gift, I’m still hoping the game will be rescheduled., but it’s looking less likely. :(

MattC

It’s shocking to me just how far apart the owners and the MLBPA are in their negotiations.
Yeah. Been a couple of articles put out on how baseball missed a chance to come together and get back to play before other sports. Possibly get some viewers back. I agree.

Money......I don’t know. I’ll play! I’m cheap.

InnKpr

So, we gonna get to see any baseball this year or not?
I surely hope so.

Many of the team clubhouses are getting geared up and ready, just in case.
IMG_20200606_000118570.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom