MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

SteveBrickNJ

I can't find the link but I heard a MLB prospect and minor leaguer died recently in his hotel room in either Australia or New Zealand.
23 year old Ryan Costello (3rd baseman) died in his sleep. He was sleeping in a hotel room in New Zealand. He was in the Minn Twins minor league system and set to play in the Australian Baseball League.

Lilofan

Astros GM and manager fired for cheating, stealing signs which all teams do. Cheating to win during their 2017 championship season. And the bench coach for Houston was Alex Cora who is the Red Sox coach. Sox are also under investigation for stealing signs during the 2018 season.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was crushing...and probably an overreaction

The Red Sox will be crippled for 5-10 years as well...the next blow.

And it doesn’t end there...6 more teams were “implicated” in the investigation...but no one came forward as a witness...yet

All the big names are gonna get nipped...eventually

MattC

I know there are arguments on both sides. Everyone is looking for an edge on the other guy. Technology has progressed to the point where this kinda thing gets easier and more tempting.

The game has changed/is changing with technology. But, when it comes to signs and tipping pitches, keep it in the dugout and field. If your guys can spot something from the dugout or from the bases it’s fair game. If you need more than that....figure out another way to beat the other guys.

Lilofan

The Astros owner fired his GM and manager. But he's in a safe situation. No one can fire him. He must have known on the sign stealing drama.

NYwdwfan

I'm by no means a Yankees fan. I don't hate them like most Mets fans do - I respect the organization and am honestly jealous of their ability to have a strong team year after year and win the way they do. If the Astros were stealing signs at home during the ALCS that propelled them to their World series win then I feel bad for the Yankees. And the Dodgers. No team should be rewarded with a championship for playing outside the rules of the game. Makes me wonder what Beltran knew.

Tony Perkis

I'm by no means a Yankees fan. I don't hate them like most Mets fans do - I respect the organization and am honestly jealous of their ability to have a strong team year after year and win the way they do. If the Astros were stealing signs at home during the ALCS that propelled them to their World series win then I feel bad for the Yankees. And the Dodgers. No team should be rewarded with a championship for playing outside the rules of the game. Makes me wonder what Beltran knew.

I wouldn’t be casting stones too soon.

Per Logan Morrison:

EF086B42-06E1-4D44-B24B-69AF6B9AFE99.jpeg

1FB3EEF0-C50C-4019-B234-B31639A849E7.jpeg

Lilofan

Beltran " parted ways" as NY Mets manager. He admitted he was part of the cheating ring while on the 2017 World Champs Astros. Who's next?

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

Beltran " parted ways" as NY Mets manager. He admitted he was part of the cheating ring while on the 2017 World Champs Astros. Who's next?
I think the Mets had to jump on this - if MLB comes down with a suspension they would lose him and with the Astros and Red Sox already interviewing they needed to get themselves in the mix. Sucks - was excited to have him.

NYwdwfan

This is getting stranger by the hour. Now this:

And here's a clip of Altuve allegedly protecting his jersey after the home-run against the Yankees.

MLB is saying they haven't found solid evidence of any of this, but that was prior to some of the discovered images and testimony. Further investigation is oncoming.

I read an article where they said he said he was embarrassed and got in trouble from his wife last time they ripped off the jersey so he was just being shy.

:cautious:

Tony Perkis

It also doesn't help that he ran straight into the dugout after the HR, and disappeared for a few moments. Something they were just discussing on MLB Network. Also, the lump under his jersey early on in that video. It could be anything... athletic/Copperfit bandage, etc.(?)
Again, doesn't help his image given the accusations.
They haven’t earned the benefit of the doubt.

Lilofan

Astros and Red Sox teams better have stiff upper lips because they are going to hear the brunt of it when they play away games this upcoming season.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Sources: MLB weighing major changes to postseason, including growing number of teams to 14

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Honestly they should adopt the hockey/basketball format where the top 8 teams make the playoffs with the division winners getting the top 3 seeds. Do a best of 3 for the wild card round, best of 5 for the division round then jump to best of 7 for the last 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom