MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

NYwdwfan

It’s getting rough out there.
I'm thinking that in waiting this long they already know who they are hiring and wanted to be sure he would take it before firing Callaway. I really, really hope it's Girardi. I know it won't be. But a girl can dream!

NYwdwfan

Last night’s Braves vs Cardinals just about ended me. They’re going to give me a heart attack.
When the Mets went to the World Series in 2015 I gave myself a near migraine every night from clenching my jaw and grinding my teeth. Gosh what I wouldn’t give to be experiencing that again!

Dad 2 M & M

Yeah. Not my first choice, but we have some good options if he gets chased early. Cards struck quick in first with back to back homers. He seems to have settled in after that.
Luke?

This iteration of the Braves looks eerily sinilar to those back in the 90s....Duval has 4 RBI and Dansby is hitting well. Never seems to be one of the big boys......

Kuechel reminds me of Maddux as he doesn't look the same in the postseason

MattC

Luke?

This iteration of the Braves looks eerily sinilar to those back in the 90s....Duval has 4 RBI and Dansby is hitting well. Never seems to be one of the big boys......

Kuechel reminds me of Maddux as he doesn't look the same in the postseason

He is NOT who I was thinking of. Lol. I am continually surprised that Luke makes it into games.

MattC

Welcome home

**edit*** by the way, you can get tickets in the secondary market for $41 for singles, $56 each for a pair of 2

My guess is the price will DROP unless the St Louis peeps start buying....

Lol. Well, I’ll be watching from home this go around. Hopefully our season doesn’t end. Our big bats just haven’t been showing up. Like you said.

MattC

Congrats to the Cardinals. Took advantage of the opportunities we gave them, made plenty on their own, and our guys picked a bad time to slump.

Now let’s see who they will face.

Dad 2 M & M

Congrats to the Cardinals. Took advantage of the opportunities we gave them, made plenty on their own, and our guys picked a bad time to slump.

Now let’s see who they will face.
The Braves big boys are notorious for slumping....if you take a look back at big moments you see names such as Lemke, Cabrerra, Devereux, etc.....it's too easy to lose in Atlanta. I wonder what will become of Acuna? Flashy types seem to be short lived here......Justice, Deion, Rison, etc......

I recall when the Central was to be decided in the last days of the Season....one of the announcers was asking "would you rather play the Nats in the Wild Card Game, or the Braves in a 5 Game Series"? It was subtle, but the announcer was referring to the easier path being the Braves.....

In hindsight, I can't believe the Braves thought McCann would hold up through the season, nor did they recall he was here and one of the "leaders" when the Brave began their current Postseason ineptitude......

It's easy to overlook the Dodgers are the West Coast version of the Braves...might make it to the next round, or even the World Series, but I don't they'll win it all....

MattC

The Braves big boys are notorious for slumping....if you take a look back at big moments you see names such as Lemke, Cabrerra, Devereux, etc.....it's too easy to lose in Atlanta. I wonder what will become of Acuna? Flashy types seem to be short lived here......Justice, Deion, Rison, etc......

I recall when the Central was to be decided in the last days of the Season....one of the announcers was asking "would you rather play the Nats in the Wild Card Game, or the Braves in a 5 Game Series"? It was subtle, but the announcer was referring to the easier path being the Braves.....

In hindsight, I can't believe the Braves thought McCann would hold up through the season, nor did they recall he was here and one of the "leaders" when the Brave began their current Postseason ineptitude......

It's easy to overlook the Dodgers are the West Coast version of the Braves...might make it to the next round, or even the World Series, but I don't they'll win it all....
I’m a little biased being a fan and all. But I can’t deny what you’re saying. To much expected of McCann for sure. I hope we have some really good years and great moments from Acuña, Albies, Soroka, Dansby. But we will have to wait and see.

Dad 2 M & M

I’m a little biased being a fan and all. But I can’t deny what you’re saying. To much expected of McCann for sure. I hope we have some really good years and great moments from Acuña, Albies, Soroka, Dansby. But we will have to wait and see.
Hopefully we will see growth, with progressing in the Postseason. Not sure Schnit is a real manager.

On another note, I see the Dodgers lost late.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom