MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

MattC

Question re. starting pitchers the day after a rainout.
In general, if a pitcher is slated to pitch tonight, and the game is rained out....will the manager bump that pitcher to tomorrow night? ...or...will the guy slated to pitch tomorrow still take his turn.
I'm going to the Phillies game tomorrow and I'm wondering who I might see.
Tonight's pitcher on a rainy Monday is Jerad Eickhoff 3-3 w/ a 4.14 ERA
Tomorrow's pitcher is Jake Arrieta 5-5 with a 4.29 ERA
As I type this post, the Phillies are 37 wins and 28 losses, but these two pitchers are not impressing me at all :(

Manager generally does not bump starting pitcher to the next night. He will stick to the rotation.

SteveBrickNJ

Manager generally does not bump starting pitcher to the next night. He will stick to the rotation.
Thank you Matt!

My much earlier prediction that tonight's Phillies game would be rained out was not correct. The Phils played and they gave up 13 :eek:runs to the D-Backs!
I'm hoping the game I see Tues. 6/11 is a much different outcome!

MattC

Thank you Matt!

My much earlier prediction that tonight's Phillies game would be rained out was not correct. The Phils played and they gave up 13 :eek:runs to the D-Backs!
I'm hoping the game I see Tues. 6/11 is a much different outcome!

They have hit a little rough patch. Let my Braves catch up! Will be interesting to see what happens when we host the Phillies end of the week.

SteveBrickNJ

They have hit a little rough patch. Let my Braves catch up! Will be interesting to see what happens when we host the Phillies end of the week.
So the Phillies were in a "should win" situation and then their bullpen blew the game! That really annoyed me😬. My Braves fan friend here probably feels that Atlanta has great offensive prowess and that's the reason for the Brave's comeback.

SteveBrickNJ

So the Phillies were in a "should win" situation and then their bullpen blew the game! That really annoyed me😬. My Braves fan friend here probably feels that Atlanta has great offensive prowess and that's the reason for the Brave's comeback.
Either way, the Phillies have such a high payroll and their recent losing ways better turn around soon!😉

MattC

I do. LOL. Braves have been hitting the ball well. I hope it continues. Braves can be streaky and when their bats cool off they really cool off.

And this is a Braves fan who knows all too well the feeling of a bullpen losing you the game. In fact, while our pitching has shown some improvement, our offense is what is keeping us in the race. Our pitching still has a long ways to go.

SteveBrickNJ

Just when things looked bleak for the Phillies, the Mets came to town for a 4 game series. After a 4 game sweep of the Mets things look a bit better😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom