MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

Tick Tock

Playing time of Padres’ 1-0 win over Mariners last night: 2:05.
When worded that way, it makes it seem like that was a pretty boring and drawn-out game.

But take into account there were 6 hits in the ballgame, which averages out to around 1 hit every 21 minutes. Now it sounds excruciatingly boring and drawn-out.

You're welcome.

NYwdwfan

When worded that way, it makes it seem like that was a pretty boring and drawn-out game.

But take into account there were 6 hits in the ballgame, which averages out to around 1 hit every 21 minutes. Now it sounds excruciatingly boring and drawn-out.

You're welcome.
Last call was probably about an hour and 15 minutes into the game!

Lucky

Mets’ strength is supposed to be pitching. If you had known only that they’d have the worst ERA in the division (5.15) at this point, you’d figure they’d be in 4th or last place. Thanks to Peter Alonso and other hitters they're (narrowly) in first.

NYwdwfan

Mets’ strength is supposed to be pitching. If you had known only that they’d have the worst ERA in the division (5.15) at this point, you’d figure they’d be in 4th or last place. Thanks to Peter Alonso and other hitters they're (narrowly) in first.
Pete. He's apparently Pete now.

Lucky

CD5FC8C7-73D2-4EAF-8626-F2F65C539035.jpeg

Hope this isn’t as bad as it looked for Tatis Jr.

SteveBrickNJ

We need an eyeroll “reaction” option.
You are very correct....but in fairness, on July 4th those numbers will likely be higher.
.........and...
In Sept. one of them will likely play a big part in leading their team to the playoffs
(hopefully Harper and the Phillies ;):cool: )

Lucky

Mets-Brewers played 18 innings. :eek:

Braun went 6 for 8 and three guys (Shaw, Grandal and Cano) went 0 for 7.

SteveBrickNJ

@NYwdwfan , I have not been able to watch the Mets. I assume you have so I was wondering what your take was on them. Earlier in the season they were in first place or neck and neck with the Phillies. Now the Mets are currently in 3rd w/ a record of 20 - 24. Which aspect has dropped off recently: starting pitching, relief pitching, or offense? And of course it is a long season and they could get hot again😉

NYwdwfan

@NYwdwfan , I have not been able to watch the Mets. I assume you have so I was wondering what your take was on them. Earlier in the season they were in first place or neck and neck with the Phillies. Now the Mets are currently in 3rd w/ a record of 20 - 24. Which aspect has dropped off recently: starting pitching, relief pitching, or offense? And of course it is a long season and they could get hot again😉
It's the Mets. That's the best explanation I can give. At some point in the season everything goes wrong at once.

NYwdwfan

For those who haven't heard...

And for the record - regarding all those cool stats and interesting facts that @Lucky would post - I'm pretty convinced he thought of, observed and researched them himself.

SteveBrickNJ

Question re. starting pitchers the day after a rainout.
In general, if a pitcher is slated to pitch tonight, and the game is rained out....will the manager bump that pitcher to tomorrow night? ...or...will the guy slated to pitch tomorrow still take his turn.
I'm going to the Phillies game tomorrow and I'm wondering who I might see.
Tonight's pitcher on a rainy Monday is Jerad Eickhoff 3-3 w/ a 4.14 ERA
Tomorrow's pitcher is Jake Arrieta 5-5 with a 4.29 ERA
As I type this post, the Phillies are 37 wins and 28 losses, but these two pitchers are not impressing me at all :(

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom