MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

MattC

I tell ya. It is rough when your starting pitching limits teams to 1 or 2 runs, your bats are hitting well and scoring runs, and then your bullpen goes out in the 7th...………….. (sigh) walks two guys, hits two guys, gives up a 3 run lead, and it takes THREE relievers to get the 1st out of the inning!

Rough night for Braves fans last night.

EricsBiscuit

I tell ya. It is rough when your starting pitching limits teams to 1 or 2 runs, your bats are hitting well and scoring runs, and then your bullpen goes out in the 7th...………….. (sigh) walks two guys, hits two guys, gives up a 3 run lead, and it takes THREE relievers to get the 1st out of the inning!

Rough night for Braves fans last night.
They did nothing to address their bullpen over the off season.

MattC

This won't help us.

SteveBrickNJ

How surprising is the AL East thus far?
Only one team (Tampa Bay) has a winning record.
The Yankees, the Red Sox and two others are all under the .500 mark!

Tick Tock

Three teams played their first home games in new stadiums on this day (April 20th).

-Two of these home games were held on this date in 1912, the third was in 1916.
-All three home teams won their games by just one run.
-Two of the home wins took 11-innings to accomplish, and were identical scores (7-6 each).
-All three teams still exist today under the same name and still play in the same cities they did back then.

What three teams are we?

Lucky

Three teams played their first home games in new stadiums on this day (April 20th).

-Two of these home games were held on this date in 1912, the third was in 1916.
-All three home teams won their games by just one run.
-Two of the home wins took 11-innings to accomplish, and were identical scores (7-6 each).
-All three teams still exist today under the same name and still play in the same cities they did back then.

What three teams are we?
I’ll guess the first three that come to mind.
yankees, Red Sox, cubs

Tick Tock

I’ll guess the first three that come to mind.
yankees, Red Sox, cubs
Close. Very close.
Cubs and Red Sox spot-on, and even though the Yankees didn't play as a home team this date... they did play in one of the games as visitors.

April 20th, 1912: The Detroit Tigers defeat Cleveland 6-5 in their first game at Navin Field, which later was re-named to Tiger Stadium.
April 20th, 1912: The Boston Red Sox defeat the Yankees (Highlanders) 7-6 in 11-innings, in their first game at Fenway Park.
April 20th, 1916: The Cubs defeat the Reds 7-6 in 11-innings, in their first game at Weeghman Park, which is later re-named to Wrigley Field.

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

Close. Very close.
Cubs and Red Sox spot-on, and even though the Yankees didn't play as a home team this date... they did play in one of the games as visitors.

April 20th, 1912: The Detroit Tigers defeat Cleveland 6-5 in their first game at Navin Field, which later was re-named to Tiger Stadium.
April 20th, 1912: The Boston Red Sox defeat the Yankees (Highlanders) 7-6 in 11-innings, in their first game at Fenway Park.
April 20th, 1916: The Cubs defeat the Reds 7-6 in 11-innings, in their first game at Weeghman Park, which is later re-named to Wrigley Field.
I had the same guesses as @Lucky. I NEVER would have come up with Detroit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom