MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

SteveBrickNJ

Hey everyone! The Dodgers are sporting an amazing won-loss record. I have a cheapo tv plan at my house (I don't even have ESPN)and I truthfully never get to watch them play. Tell me about the Dodgers please.....and, wouldn't it be great if the also extremely successful NY Yankees and the LA Dodgers ended up facing each other in the World Series?

21stamps

Makes no sense.

It has been building for a long time. Until the Pirates face severe consequences, and their leadership actually wants to control them and put a stop to it, then I think it’s just going to get worse.

How many times can your teammates get thrown at before you lose it?

I think the MLB needs to crack down more, threaten entire clubs when pitchers intentionally aim at a batter. For the safety of players 1st and foremost, but also for youth baseball, show that this will not be tolerated.

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Ehh, I read a report that the Reds pitchers were hitting Pirates players during a series back in April, plus people had seen Joey Votto jawing with the Pirates dugout before the brawl happened so to say the Pirates are the only ones in the wrong is a little backwards.

21stamps

Ehh, I read a report that the Reds pitchers were hitting Pirates players during a series back in April, plus people had seen Joey Votto jawing with the Pirates dugout before the brawl happened so to say the Pirates are the only ones in the wrong is a little backwards.

Do you remember what article that was?

The Pirates intentionally throwing at Reds players has been an issue all season. First in April, then in May, then July. The July incident was a result of the buildup from the prior two series.

21stamps

Here @Dead2009 , this might help explain a little..

I just want the MLB to crack down. Not only speaking as a Reds fan, but someone who loves baseball and hates to see batters put in a position of unnecessary risk... at any level, not just the MLB. It’s an area that needs to be unacceptable and swift punishment at all levels.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Do you remember what article that was?

The Pirates intentionally throwing at Reds players has been an issue all season. First in April, then in May, then July. The July incident was a result of the buildup from the prior two series.

It was on ESPN and the Reds have been firing back. Both teams are at fault.

Anders Limpar

Succos are 4-21 since the All Star Break. What an embarrassment. Maybe one day Nutting will sell the team and the nightmare will be over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom