• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

MLB 2019 Official Discussion Thread

Sirwalterraleigh

Advertisement
The Wilpons jumped on the discount Chris sale gave...which is sad to call it a “discount”...but that’s how it played

NYwdwfan

I will preface this by saying I don't like ARod. However, I do like that he knows and appears to accept he will be forever linked to PEDs and really tarnished what would have been a Hall of Fame career.

Last night on ESPN's SNB telecast they had Hank Aaron in the booth for several innings. I could listen to him tell stories for days. He is truly a fascinating, outrageously talented and yet unbelievably humble man. So one of the commentators, I forget who, asked Aaron what it's like to be probably the ONLY person in the world who could walk into Cooperstown and say, "where's my locker?". Before Aaron had a change to respond, ARod said, "well I certainly can't!".

Tick Tock

Last night on ESPN's SNB telecast they had Hank Aaron in the booth for several innings. I could listen to him tell stories for days. He is truly a fascinating, outrageously talented and yet unbelievably humble man.
He's a true baseball legend. Would've loved to have seen him play, but sadly that was before my time.

#1 on any Braves' fan's bucket list (besides seeing a repeat of '95 ;) ) is to meet and shake that man's hand.

MattC

I heard that A-Rod kept mispronouncing Markakis as Markarcass. I really dislike that broadcast team.
As do I. I had the sound down once Aaron left the booth. I’d rather watch in silence. And the Mets are on ESPN again tonight. I am hoping SNY has it too - Google says it will. I can’t do two nights in a row with those 3.
A-Rod mispronounced names, got some names wrong, and mixed up some position players. Horrible telecast by ESPN. And while I did enjoy the Hank Aaron portion, is it necessary to have the camera on the booth the entire time and not on the field? I tune in to watch the game. Not an interview.

I hope it is on SNY for you. Last nights Braves game wasn't on FSS and blacked out on MLB of course. Only choice I had was ESPN.

Top Bottom