MLB 2017 Season Discussion

Lucky

There were three 1-0 games yesterday. One went 13 innings and matched the teams with the best (.300, Orioles) and worst (.220, Blue Jays) batting averages with runners in scoring position this year. Orioles went 0-11 with RISP and Jays went 0-13.

Lucky

In another 1-0 game Kershaw got the win in his first game back after being out for nearly 6 weeks with a back injury. He's tied for the most wins in MLB (16-2) and 13th in strikeouts.

Lucky

I didn't remember that. I remember 1981 as the year the middle third of the season was wiped out by a strike, and there was a weird gimmicky playoff format that left the NL teams with the best overall records in their divisions (Cards, Reds) out of the playoffs. And that was the season of Fernando-mania.

Lucky

Hmm... Well this should make that rivalry even more interesting.
The Red Sox must have a new manager...
belichick.jpg

Trivia time:

Today back in 1981, the longest game ever for a certain ballpark was played. The game went 19 innings, and was suspended with a tie score of 7-7. The game resumed the next day and was finally won 8-7 in the 20th inning. At what ballpark did this multi-day game take place, and what team ended up winning?
I think one of the team's were the Mets, was it at Shea?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Cleveland has a record 15 game winning streak going, and Arizona has a 13 game winning streak going as they were off last night.

Lucky

Michael A. Taylor was credited with an inside the park grand slam when Odubel Herrera misplayed a ball in CF and jogged after it when it went over his head.

Lucky

Brewers blew 6-0 lead and lost to Cards 7-6. That eliminates them and makes Rockies second NL wild card. I wonder how much they celebrate before their game against the Dodgers tonight.

Lucky

The way Houston and Cleveland dominated their opponents last night, it looks like the path to the World Series in the AL goes through one of them.
One game in baseball doesn't mean very much. But Cleveland has been the hottest team for a long stretch of games so they're the favorite if you have to pick one.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
One game in baseball doesn't mean very much. But Cleveland has been the hottest team for a long stretch of games so they're the favorite if you have to pick one.

Considering Houston is one game away from a sweep....the only thing stopping them is a massive collapse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom