MKT's 3/31/04 Trip Report

The day started off like most other lazy days...

I woke up.... then fell back asleep.

Then Dave woke up. And I'm still asleep.

Then I wake up again... and Dave's not asleep.

Dave: "So.. what are we doing today?"

Me: "I think we're supposed to clean"

Dave: "Lets go to Disney World"

Me: "OK!"

and like that, we were off to a magical place...

ENTER... WALT DISNEY WORLD.

From there Dave and I went to Downtown Disney to Once Upon a Toy, to get photos of the Disney Bear. We were denied...

"No, He's Not Here" said the Nazi at the store (who was actually not a Nazi at all, but a rather nice lady whom Dave scared).

So fine we say, and off to MK we go...

Crowds were steady.. busier than I expected, but steady. Attraction wait times were bearable across... double that of a slow day, but 1/3 that of a busy summer day.

Off it was, to the Tomorrowland Speedway, where we waited about 20 minutes to ride. Dave and I were hoping to get cars across from each other... me with the RHD, and him with the LHD.. didn't happen. We ended up with me in front and him behind.. which was great... cause that means I BEAT HIM!!!!! The vehicles were the same as always... and they come equipped with this nifty feature I call "auto-pilot" in which I can let go of the steering wheel and take photos.. lol.

After that, we were off to the Main Street Barber shops for haircuts. As I was getting my haircut, the parade was passing by, and Dave and I noted the castle float in it.... they did do a good job sprucing it up for the time being, until the original princess float is returned... if ever :(

Then it was Daves turn for a haircut... and boy was that fun. First off, Dave doesn't wear gel... and Dave wasn't meant to be punk'd. Well, 3 oz of blue hair gel later, we have Punk Rock Dave.

After that, we were off to Downtown Disney for attempt #2 at the Disney bear... no luck. So rather then waste the moment, I proceed to start to MKT 500 in Once Upon a Toy with some toy cars they had there. The fun lasted all of 2 minutes, and then it was to Casa MKT we went, to go grab camera gear and switch vehicles to the Monty (needed some speed and cargo room).

From there we were off to pick up Kelly and back to MK. Once at MK, I ran into Aimee (AIM) who was enjoying a day in the parks... she seems really nice, just a bit preoccupied. Maybe next time, we can hang out or something... lol. Who knows.

and then, off to Main Street again, to watch wishes. While waiting for wishes to start, we ran into Pixie Duster (Dani), who surveyed me for Disney, and now Disney has my email and phone number... lol.

After that, we saw wishes. I won't go into detail... since there's nothing I can say about it that hasn't been said already.

After wishes, it was back to Downtown Disney, to ice cream at Ghirardellis. I used to hate the place, but now I love it. After the Ice Cream, it was off to World of Disney for some foolishness, and basin to exfoliate.

Then it was back home to start typing this and edit my photos..

all in all, a fun day. But a needed reminder as to why I hate spending a full day in the parks.. (I'M FRIGGIN EXHAUSTED!!). I got to meet 2 magic members, and I got some good pics (some thanks to Dave). Pictures coming soon

pepsistar

:D Great trip report--- Sounds like you both had a fun day well-- except for a little pixie problem?? And poor Aimee, It will get better--

I know this is a little off the subject but---- We are going to WDW in a few weeks and were thinking about getting my grandson a haircut at the barber shop.:lol:

However, I can find no info on it on the Disney site-- I am glad to hear it is still open-- Thought maybe it was not- as I could find nothing! :goodnevil

Would you happen to know the hours and the $$$ I would appreciate it. We did not want to say anything until we knew for sure it was open. :veryconfu Thanks again, and sorry for the thread drift--:lookaroun Owwwwwwwww

PS Love the hot fudge sundaes at Ghiradelli's toooo but I need "MORE!" hot fudge for the "$$$" Ha Ha! :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom