MK to Epcot Park Hopping

Goofyernmost

It is the best way, hands down. As far as the time... I never timed it, but, it really isn't all that far, but you are going to TTC from Epcot and then you have to either take the express Monorail or the Ferry across (takes about the same time. I think I would allow around 45 minutes, but, it may not take that long.

Nottamus

I know there's the unreliable bus schedule....BUT bus stop to bus stop in Epcot seems like it would be pretty quick too. And free.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Fastest, but not cheapest, is Minnie Van. Or monorail - but make sure to take the Express, not resort loop, from MK.

Touchdown

Resort Monorail is only one more stop (Contemporary) and a shorter part of the loop, not to mention you have the swanky special ramp to Epcot monorail. ideally you should get on the first monorail that arrives.

WDWBusDriver

I know there's the unreliable bus schedule....BUT bus stop to bus stop in Epcot seems like it would be pretty quick too. And free.

There is no direct bus service from MK to EC (or EC to MK) at any time. The only time you can take a bus to EC from MK (or MK from EC) is when the EC Monorail is down, and the bus will only pick up from TTC not MK. When the EC Monorail is down, the buses will pick up and drop off the same places the monorail will, since the EC Monorail doesn't go directly to MK only TTC to EC (and EC to TTC) that is what the buses do.

Last edited:

The Pho

I usually do a Bus to Beach Club or the Boardwalk, not a fan of the Monorail transfer, then I also get to enter through the International Gateway which I enjoy a lot more than the front entrance. Usually assume 30-60 minutes, depending on how long you have to wait for the bus, which I find is usually shorter than waiting for 2 monorails.

Last edited:

Nottamus

There is no direct bus service from MK to EC at any time. The only time you can take a bus to EC from MK is when the EC Monorail is down, and the bus will only pick up from TTC not MK.

Good to know! ....so i stand corrected. I just figured since there were buses from EP to MK....it would be the same the other way around.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It may not be the fastest....but I thoroughly enjoy the relaxing ride to EP overlooking the WDW property and roadway. I especially like the loop around pulling into the EP station giving a short glimpse at the park before heading in.

agreed! Best way for sure.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I usually do a Bus to Beach Club or the Boardwalk, not a fan of the Monorail transfer, then I also get to enter through the International Gateway which I enjoy a lot more than the front entrance. Usually assume 30-60 minutes, depending on how long you have to wait for the bus, which I find is usually shorter than waiting for 2 monorails.

Forgot about that. Definitely the one to use if you're going to WS.

jimbojones

It may not be the fastest....but I thoroughly enjoy the relaxing ride to EP overlooking the WDW property and roadway. I especially like the loop around pulling into the EP station giving a short glimpse at the park before heading in.
This for sure, it is probably not the fastest but the monorail is the best experience you can have going from one park to the other.

Kevin_W

This for sure, it is probably not the fastest but the monorail is the best experience you can have going from one park to the other.

I was going to say the same thing. Particularly for a mid-day park hop when the monorail isn't packed, I find the ride far, far more fun than a bus.

MickeyLuv'r

One more tidbit...if you happen to attempt this hop during a shift change, it can take a bit longer. I couldn't tell you the exact timing , but we have had the misfortune a couple of times. I want to say it was just in the 11:45am-12:30pm time frame (both times), because I think we were trying to get to MK for lunch.
We got stuck waiting an extra 10min at the Epcot platform, then we were forced to take the resort monorail (express wasn't running due to shift change) + 5 min wait for that to depart, AND we got stuck holding again at Poly platform, I think. (It was either Poly or GF.)) The second time we got in a sift change wasn't quite as bad, we only got stuck waiting (and extra 5-10min) at the Epcot platform.

Amos1784

Once you make it to the EPCOT monorail it's an 8-9 minute ride from MK to EPCOT. The biggest hassle is getting out of MK and back to the TTC. As others on here have stated many times we will take a bus to one of the EPCOT resorts, whatever one comes first and walk through International Gateway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom