MK Picture Update 8/20/12

nepalostparks

Original Poster
Just a few pictures from around MK from this past Sunday.

Former swan boat landing in the Rose Garden is getting a refurbishment:
IMG_5227.JPG

More grass being installed along the top of the Little Mermaid rock work:
IMG_5247.JPG

The crane was in the folded down position:
IMG_5257.JPG

Castle walls are continuing along, with most scaffolding down, but some obvious work still needed to be done:
IMG_5259.JPG

IMG_5260.JPG

IMG_5262.JPG

Yankee Trader's scrims are now photo scrims:
IMG_5271.JPG

PolynesianPrincess

I think (but I am not 100% sure) that the Swan Boat landing is available to book to wedding ceremonies. I was on Disney's wedding planning website and I believe that was an option for a ceremony.

COProgressFan

I think (but I am not 100% sure) that the Swan Boat landing is available to book to wedding ceremonies. I was on Disney's wedding planning website and I believe that was an option for a ceremony.

Unless something has recently changed, wedding events at the MK only take place when the park is closed (after hours) and there is a minimum charge ($100k and up). Usually they take place in front of the castle or in FL. These types of events are rare (like once a year maybe).

The park is used early in the AM before opening for wedding photos, however.

jjnshane

The pavilion in the Rose Garden (what was once the landing for the Swan Boats) is usually just used as a little picnic area with a few tables and benches. It is not a smoking area, but is a great place to rest or hide out from the summer rain. I am glad it is getting a refurbishment -- I noticed a few weeks ago that most of the decorative pillars are cracked or falling apart at the base and everything could use a fresh coat of paint.
When I was there on Sunday, while you could still go into the pavilion, all of the tables, chairs, and benches had been removed.

Goofnut1980

I love taking pictures from down by the Rose Garden, looking up toward the castle. You never see people in the picture with you... Try it next time. Great place to take a pic!

PolynesianPrincess

Unless something has recently changed, wedding events at the MK only take place when the park is closed (after hours) and there is a minimum charge ($100k and up). Usually they take place in front of the castle or in FL. These types of events are rare (like once a year maybe).

The park is used early in the AM before opening for wedding photos, however.

I just checked and they do have weddings there. 8am cermonies only it looks like.

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/wishes/ceremony/magical/magic-kingdom/detail

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom