MK perimeter fireworks

ROEFan88

Original Poster
Just saw a video of the finale of Wishes using the 360 degree perimeter fireworks...absolutely MINDBLOWING! :dazzle:

Have never seen these utilised before - can someone tell me when they were last used? I know they cause delays for transportation around MK, and that Disney used a 180 degree effect last year instead. But does anyone know when the full effect was last used, and if there's any chance it'll be used again this year? (I'm dying to see it now!!!) Maybe for MVMCP, I wondered?

CatLady

I think the only time they are being used now is for the July 4 (and 3) and December 31 (and 30) fireworks. If Boo is around, I'm sure he'll straighten me out if I am incorrect!

WDW Monorail

I think the only time they are being used now is for the July 4 (and 3) and December 31 (and 30) fireworks. If Boo is around, I'm sure he'll straighten me out if I am incorrect!

That is correct. As of October 22 2006, I believe, Disney stated that they would only run 360 degree shows on the Fourth of July and New Years Eve(and the day before).
The 180 degree shows still use 9 launch sites, they are just pushed closer together.:wave:

Rob562

they also do perimeter fireworks during very merry christmas party.

Yes, but as mentioned above, the MVMCP and MNSSHP shows only use the 180-degree perimeter fireworks. They don't use 360 anymore.
(And I know what a pain the transportation shutdowns were when 360 was used... I was on a monorail train, trying to get to the Polynesian for dinner at Ohana, and we had to wait inside the Contemporary until the fireworks were done. Needless to say, we were late for our seating time...)

-Rob

cooleo

I did MVMCP 3 times in Dec. '06 & the fireworks were 180?, not the full 360?. They are only 360? for the 4th & New Year's Eve as stated above. It is still very impressive in the 180? format. Can't wait to see it again this year.

shoppingnut

Yes, but as mentioned above, the MVMCP and MNSSHP shows only use the 180-degree perimeter fireworks. They don't use 360 anymore.
(And I know what a pain the transportation shutdowns were when 360 was used... I was on a monorail train, trying to get to the Polynesian for dinner at Ohana, and we had to wait inside the Contemporary until the fireworks were done. Needless to say, we were late for our seating time...)

-Rob

That's really sad that they don't do the 360, they are truly spectacular. More cost cutting from the bean counters, it's making the MVMCP and those events less and less special from being in the parks during a regular day.

WDW Monorail

That's really sad that they don't do the 360, they are truly spectacular. More cost cutting from the bean counters, it's making the MVMCP and those events less and less special from being in the parks during a regular day.

It is not really cost cutting. They use the same amount of launch locations, they are just pushed closer together in order to prevent a blockage of traffic.

CrashNet

As WDW Monorail stated, its the same number of locations, but it allows more of the access roads at the front of the park, the ferries, and the monorails to still run during the show. Before, guests were essentially stuck.

Rob562

As WDW Monorail stated, its the same number of locations, but it allows more of the access roads at the front of the park, the ferries, and the monorails to still run during the show. Before, guests were essentially stuck.

I wonder if they book Fireworks cruises for the special event fireworks shows. Eliminating the ones over Bay Lake that keps boats from running during the show would allow them this option now...

-Rob

cooleo

The 360? is great, but the 180? is just as nice. You get the same number of fireworks, just in a tighter pattern. Besides, until I grow eyes behind my head, 180? is all I need.:ROFLOL:

ROEFan88

Original Poster
Good point, cooleo! In this site's MVMCP video (in Wishes video section), at the end of the show just watch all the people in the Main Street hub turn around and look up to the skies directly behind them. Quite :lol: to watch.

CrashNet

The 360? is great, but the 180? is just as nice. You get the same number of fireworks, just in a tighter pattern. Besides, until I grow eyes behind my head, 180? is all I need.:ROFLOL:
Exactly! Its neat to have them all around, but I'm perfectly happy with it just filling my entire field of vision as well. :)

goofyfan13

As mentioned a few posts earlier, the 180 really isn't any less spectacular than the 360. They still shoot up the same amount of pyro, you just don't need to turn around to see the fireworks behind you. Still mind-blowing either way. :wave:

hokielutz

With the 180... you still keep facing forward to the castle... you can still see the fireworks from the sides without turning. I think it makes for a more memorable sequence. Then you don't lose focus on the main fireworks field behind the castle.

This past December it really made for an awesome show at MVMCP. I video taped the display and had to pan a bit left and right to catch the enveloping explosions. When i went back and watched it on TV... I was really amazed how well it turned out and was still impressive.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The human eyes peripheral vision extends to about 210 degrees - unless you are further north than the middle of the hub you shouldn`t miss anything, whilst at the same time the SE and SW launches won`t be wasted on those on MSUSA . Plus transportation keeps running. Win win scenario.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom