• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

MK on Princess Half day Feb 23rd

We are going to MK on Sunday Feb 23 which is Princess Half Marathon race day.
I know there will be road closures and buses will be directed to ttc so we want to leave way ahead to be there for rope drop (and ideally around 8:15 to stroll on Main Street)
We will be leaving from Pop
What time would you suggest we get on the bus? Does 7:00 sound reasonable?
Any experience of previous years?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Buses to MK are unlikely to be running at 7 am for a 9 am park opening. The "official" policy is one hour prior to park opening, but sometimes buses will begin 90 minutes prior. The earliest you should be at the bus stop is 7:30 am.

We left Pop via bus at 8 am on Princess Half Marathon Day 2016. It was a slow, congested journey to the TTC, where we boarded the ferry to MK. We finally made it inside the park (after going through bag check and the turnstiles) at 9:15 am. The good news is that everyone was stuck in the same traffic jam and we were able to ride three Fantasyland attractions (including 7 Dwarfs Mine Train) in an hour.

Upvote 0

Isabelle12345

Original Poster
When I was in Disney in June we had a PPO Be our guest reservation and we took a bus right around 7 for a 9AM opening...
I thought MK buses ran 1 hour prior to the 8:00 Main Street opening?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom