MK for 1 day visit

Roakor

Original Poster
We are looking at spending a week in Daytona this spring. Since its just a short drive to Orlando we might pop over for a day to take the grand kids to MK. Well ok there is no might about it we will do this. Anyway I have never just dropped in for a day and WDW, we have always had planned vacations there. How do the FPs work? How far ahead can I make them for a 1 day visit? Or am I just stuck with pot luck on the day of the visit?

Any other suggestions/Tips for a impromptu one day visit to MK?

The Grand Kids are 1 1/2 and just under 3 (2 weeks shy of her bday). We didn't want to do a full vacation there as they are too young, but thought a one day visit to MK would be good.

21stamps

You’ll be fine. I think you can book fast passes 30 days in advance. Most of the rides that are tough to get FPs for aren’t available for those agars anyway. Have a wonderful vacation and WDW visit!

danyoung56

I'm pretty sure a one day visit would work just like any other. If you're staying on property you can book 60 days out, otherwise you can book 30 days out.

Roakor

Original Poster
but how do you book a FP for a one day visit. We are not staying on site? I am guessing I have to buy the tickets ahead of time and then there is a way to link them to the ticket?

We are not sure which day we are going to make it over there. so could I just make reservations for several days and cancel the ones on the day we don't go?

floridagirl57

but how do you book a FP for a one day visit. We are not staying on site? I am guessing I have to buy the tickets ahead of time and then there is a way to link them to the ticket?

We are not sure which day we are going to make it over there. so could I just make reservations for several days and cancel the ones on the day we don't go?
Yes, you buy a ticket ahead of time and link the ticket to your account and make the FP. You won't be able to make reservations for several days if you only buy a 1 day ticket.

Roakor

Original Poster
so i can make reservations for one day for any day during the time period for which the ticket is good. UP to 30 days prior. Ok I kinda thought that was how it would work but wanted to confirm it. Not good to leave things to chance when visiting WDW :)

floridagirl57

I would also add if you plan on arriving at the park early, knock out key attractions and plan your FP for later in the afternoon when waits are high all around the park. I second mobile ordering it is a lifesaver at MK.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Let me see if I got this straight... you're planning on driving through Orlando morning rush hour traffic to arrive at WDW early in the morning with two toddlers strapped into car seats, spend about $375 for three one-day tickets plus another $75-100 for food and drinks, another $100 on trinkets and souvenirs, and then drive back to Daytona through Orlando evening rush hour traffic?

My only tip would be to avoid the peak day of Spring Break if you can.

Enjoy your day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom