MK Fireworks viewing areas

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok, so Disney sells the Fireworks Dessert party, which has an option for Plaza Gardens viewing.

But is there any other reserved viewing area options for the castle fireworks? What about the other fenced in area in the gardens, what's the use of that space?

Where is the Handicap viewing area for Happily Ever after... any tips for how early that fills up?

Thx

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
There are no handicapped viewing areas, at least there wasn't in August. I asked multiple CMs, and none are on the maps.

Yeah, the multiple things I'm finding online seem to confirm that. I'm mainly just trying to find a spot where I could sit in a real chair/bench.

Surfin' Tuna

Even if there were any benches or chairs still available people would just stand in front of you and obscure your view. You could sit at the train station I would imagine, but you won't be able to enjoy the projections from there.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
So does anyone know what they do with the other fake grass area in the hub?

Are both used by the desert party, or what's the other used for?

Surfin' Tuna

I used to know the answer to this, but I have since forgotten. If no one comes up with an answer, I will try to ask tomorrow. I do know, however, that I have seen private events use one of them. I do not think that is a nightly occurrence or even close to it.

Surfin' Tuna

There ya go...sadly I haven't been brave enough to attempt hub access, since last July. I thought that was the case, but I do know that the west grass (at least half of it) is used on occasion for private groups.

drizgirl

So does anyone know what they do with the other fake grass area in the hub?

Are both used by the desert party, or what's the other used for?
Part of the west Plaza Garden area in front of Casey's (not the one used for dessert parties) is roped off for the CL fastpass people. The remaining area is open to anyone.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I've been near the hub, but I've always found the second floor of the train station on Main Street a great location. Not too crowded, benches, a straight view of the castle and being on the second floor - my neck doesn't hurt from continually looking up. Plus if I want to leave after the fireworks (or a parade)...I'm one of the first out.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Bring an inflatable pillow. Get there early enough to stake out a place where one of the garden areas is right in front of you and so, there's a low wall. Bring food. Sit on an inflated pillow and picnic with your back against the low wall. When the show starts, stand and face the castle and lean on the wall. Don't do this any day I'm there lest you keep me from doing the same.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sitting here tonight... they have setup feserved areas for wheel chairs. On the first ring... against the fence behind the fountain gardens. About. 30' ft wide, one on each side of the hub. Not completely blocking the ring. Great views actually.
All the old referneces i found said no reserved areas. No benches in there tho.

WDW_Jon

Can you still get FP in one of the grassed areas for the show? We did it stood to the left facing the castle for wishes in 2015 and was great at the back of that area...

drizgirl

Can you still get FP in one of the grassed areas for the show? We did it stood to the left facing the castle for wishes in 2015 and was great at the back of that area...
General public hasn't been able get FP for fireworks for some time. That west side (left as you face the castle) has a section roped off for CL FP program, but the rest of that area is currently open to the public.

WDW_Jon

General public hasn't been able get FP for fireworks for some time. That west side (left as you face the castle) has a section roped off for CL FP program, but the rest of that area is currently open to the public.
Ok thanks, didn’t realise they’d stopped the fast passes for it. Shame, we enjoyed the area last time and thought it was worth a fast pass for at least one day but we are there for 2 weeks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
They stopped doing it for general FP - but as others have said they still do it in limited programs.

This week the east area was dessert party veiwing.

Here is my spot from last night. I did have to be there about an hour early for getting a spot at the fence.

F03E03D2-487F-46E3-8484-FBC49649331B.jpeg

As long as you dint have small kids, i still think the best thing to do is just show up at 15-30mins before show when they are trying to pack in the open space in the center hub area and be part of that.

The sidewalk in front of me here would have been a great spot too. Just a tad off center for some firework effects, but clear view

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom