MK Evening Parade?

ml123_9

Original Poster
Not really news or a rumor, but has anyone heard anything about a new nighttime parade in MK? Just wondering if there is anything in the works or if Disney is hoping everyone kind of forgets that there used to be one.

drizgirl

They need to wait long enough for everyone to forget that a night parade used to be standard fare. That way when they add it back for the 50th we will all be oh so grateful for this wonderful new invention.

Rumrunner

Not really news or a rumor, but has anyone heard anything about a new nighttime parade in MK? Just wondering if there is anything in the works or if Disney is hoping everyone kind of forgets that there used to be one.
Eliminating the EP was just cheap and unnecessary. Disney apologist will defend the elimination but it was not a smart or patron friendly move. I say this as someone who thinks Disney is a special place-elimination was not special in anyway.

brb1006

Eliminating the EP was just cheap and unnecessary. Disney apologist will defend the elimination but it was not a smart or patron friendly move. I say this as someone who thinks Disney is a special place-elimination was not special in anyway.
Especially when they never brought back Spectromagic.

jrhwdw

There was a rumor of the main street electrical parade returning to WDW 3 months ago but that seems dead.
Too bad! Hopefully MK will get pressure to do something before we get to the 50th! It's crazy we have to wait 3 years and hope we get a parade! MK could prop bring back Enchanted Adventures in Jan if they wanted too. Too bad CADCT is long gone.

TTA94

Too bad! Hopefully MK will get pressure to do something before we get to the 50th! It's crazy we have to wait 3 years and hope we get a parade! MK could prop bring back Enchanted Adventures in Jan if they wanted too. Too bad CADCT is long gone.

I wish MK would at least get a temporary nighttime parade until the 50th. The only way I see plans changing is if MK sees a drop in nighttime guests, mostly spending guests.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Magic Kingdom

KaliSplash

Well, I hate that MSEP left again, but then, when it came back the last time it was supposed to be just for the summer and stayed several years. I do hope whey will have something for the 50th. Would prefer jazzed up, longer version of MSEP, but anything is better than nothing. (i am a HUGE "Baroque Hoedown" fan. Only problem with SpectroMagic was the Waltz that accompanied it.)

drizgirl

I wish MK would at least get a temporary nighttime parade until the 50th. The only way I see plans changing is if MK sees a drop in nighttime guests, mostly spending guests.
Well, as luck would have it, Disney has figured out that they can actually close the park earlier than they used to and charge guests again for after hours events. No money spent on a night parade plus more money coming in. Win/win. At least for someone (hint: not the guest).

TTA94

Well if you all want to see what the FoF Maleficent dragon looks like at night, take a look at Disney Stars On Parade from Paris:

Also interesting they can still use their Main Street Christmas garland :mad:. Though I don’t think the Maleficent dragon was the issue for MK.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well, as luck would have it, Disney has figured out that they can actually close the park earlier than they used to and charge guests again for after hours events. No money spent on a night parade plus more money coming in. Win/win. At least for someone (hint: not the guest).

Only a matter of time before MK closes at 5 and reopens at 6 for the 'Magical Evenings'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom