MK Dessert Party thoughts?

Yay or Nay?

• Total voters

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
What are your thoughts on the MK Dessert parties? We did it the last time we went almost 5 years ago and have really fond memories. However, of $411 price tag tag for 4 people is a lot to swallow for desserts. My husband does not drink alcohol and I have a Disney adult with my son who is 13.

I think we talked ourselves out the treats and seats version because if we are spending that sort of money we want premium viewing, and from what I can see, you can't see the projections very well from from there. Last last time we did the pre party version, But that was before the new firework show came out.

Is it a better idea to just mobile order a bunch of treats and hunt down space somewhere on Main Street? Or is the pre or post party still worth it?

I will also tag that I really wanted to pay for it with our Disney rewards redemption so I didn't have to pay for it in actual cash. But now I'm wondering if I can even do that since I spent 2 hours on hold earlier today to try to rent a cabana and they told me I could not do it with my redemption card.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We did the post party in December and are doing it again this summer.

The seating area for the Pre only and Post parties to watch the show has excellent views, but you have to get there a bit early to try to avoid getting behind any tall people! The 'Pre/during' party definitely is not the best view but you do have chairs, which is nothing to sneeze at.

The price tag is definitely a bit steep if you are not enjoying alcohol. The treats are good, but maybe not quite that price tag worthy. Also getting a decent spot to watch without having to stake it out 2 hours before the show is pretty valuable. Depending on the night, there is some value to getting to leave the park up to an hour after closing, but not sure that's all that valuable. We move to the dessert area quickly after the fireworks and generally eat enough of the crackers and cheese and fruits as well as desserts to make it somewhat close to a full meal. Still pricey, but... works pretty well for us.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Imho the dessert options have improved over the 2017-2020 version. No longer just a cavalcade of different colored cupcakes and cookies (or worse if you identify as a nut allergy getting the gummy plate of sadness), there's a nice mixture of fruit, cheeses, ice cream and the usual baked goods. The seats are a big plus, especially in this day where the second a show starts a multitude of iPads and children rise into the air to block any possible sight lines.

Take your pick: the mosh pit, walled garden, or seats.

We choose the seats if were staying for fireworks.

Richie248

I like the dessert parties for the sole purpose of not having to stakeout a spot for fireworks in advance. Doing Treats and Seats one night and the after-party another night. I've never done Treats and Seats so looking froward to enjoying the fireworks from my own seat! I agree that the desserts have improved! Wish they would bring back the cheeseburger egg rolls!

James J

In the Parks
No
We enjoyed the dessert parties in 2018 and 2019 but when the topic came up for our trip next month, we decided that it was too much money for a show in Enchantment that we're not that keen on. Had it been HEA, that would have been a different conversation...

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I think we will probably skip it. For $400 I wanna make sure my kids have a top tier view regardless of their height. If I'm spending that sort of price tag, I expect to see every projection. We have 3 evenings in MK with our trip. Between all that, I'm sure we can find at least one night to find a 1/2 decent spot, and then we will just buy our own treats from the ice cream parlor and the confectionary store.

Imhere

We will do some type of fireworks dessert party. After years of doing it, I just can’t wait in the crowd anymore.

I think Disney does as great a job with specialty desserts in signature restaurants as anyone, mass produced desserts, not so much. But, I don’t think anyone is doing it for the dessert anyway.

If I can have a few beers, choke back a dessert or 2, and watch fireworks in a corral, I’m happy & satisfied.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
What are your thoughts on the MK Dessert parties? We did it the last time we went almost 5 years ago and have really fond memories. However, of $411 price tag tag for 4 people is a lot to swallow for desserts. My husband does not drink alcohol and I have a Disney adult with my son who is 13.

I think we talked ourselves out the treats and seats version because if we are spending that sort of money we want premium viewing, and from what I can see, you can't see the projections very well from from there. Last last time we did the pre party version, But that was before the new firework show came out.

Is it a better idea to just mobile order a bunch of treats and hunt down space somewhere on Main Street? Or is the pre or post party still worth it?

I will also tag that I really wanted to pay for it with our Disney rewards redemption so I didn't have to pay for it in actual cash. But now I'm wondering if I can even do that since I spent 2 hours on hold earlier today to try to rent a cabana and they told me I could not do it with my redemption card.
I've done it. It was fun. It was not worth the price.

MightyMouse

We had attended a dessert party and was it worth it? Not when you think how much $$$ it cost for a cupcake. However we also took my elderly parents and for the convenience of not having them stand around on sore legs in the crowd I would do it again. Plus the memories alone made it one special memorable night.
The view point from the lawn was perfect. This was prior to the newer show effects of course

Attachments

• IMG_3472.JPG
    IMG_3472.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3481.JPG
    IMG_3481.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3493.JPG
    IMG_3493.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 93

JIMINYCR

For the price and what you get... I have considered but decided against any of them. We have done the fireworks cruise which gave us a better selection of snacks, was well worth the price and gave a unique viewing experience.

NelleBelle

For the price and what you get... I have considered but decided against any of them. We have done the fireworks cruise which gave us a better selection of snacks, was well worth the price and gave a unique viewing experience.
I would guess for the price of the cruise, they pipe in the music somehow? Or is it just the fireworks sans music?

curry767

How does it work in practical terms?

You decide to splash the cash to secure a good viewing location plus food & drink, but how early do you need to start queuing to get a good location? My concern would be that if you turned up behind everyone else then your viewing options wouldn’t be that great.

JIMINYCR

I would guess for the price of the cruise, they pipe in the music somehow? Or is it just the fireworks sans music?
Yes the music is piped in so you get the entire experience. The great thing is that you have a wonderful view, ( it is spectacular watching from on the water) with no fighting the crowds. Then when its over you motor back to the dock, again no crowds to fight through to get out. I've done it twice and the pilot in the first boat got us directly centered to the park. The second one we were slightly off to the left because other boats had gotten there first.

NelleBelle

Yes the music is piped in so you get the entire experience. The great thing is that you have a wonderful view, ( it is spectacular watching from on the water) with no fighting the crowds. Then when its over you motor back to the dock, again no crowds to fight through to get out. I've done it twice and the pilot in the first boat got us directly centered to the park. The second one we were slightly off to the left because other boats had gotten there first.
Now this I'd splurge for!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom