MK closing at 10:00. Why?

Rumrunner

Original Poster
It seems rather cheap to be closing the MK at 10:00 in the summer months. Summer is the only time many can make the Disney trip and with the price of tickets why would they close at 10:00,
Does Disney care about its patrons anymore?

WEDwaydatamover

Umm. They care about your wallet.

Of course there are thousands of amazing cast members and managers that really do care and are living the dream. But there are probably an equal amount that don't.

When I make statements like these I know I'm getting old " when I was your age Magic Kingdom was open 'till 12 or 1 in the morning on summer days"

Mickey5150

Part of the problem of staying open until 12:00, 1 or 2 am is that there is less time to get the park ready for the next day. Sometimes the park needs a little extra tlc time. Besides this year has AK opened late to attract the crowds.

radiohost

Not good on Disney's part.

We've been here for 10 days now on a trip planned one year ago.

Last year during the Fourth of July week MK was open we'll past midnight. Go ahead and look at the times guide here on wdwmagic for 2016...see?!

We planned on have good emh past midnight this trip. The hours were only release two months ago. The folks on this very forum kept saying on another thread that mk always changes the hours the closer you get to the date. We'll, that's didn't happen this year.

And from the guests we have talked to across three disney resorts we have stayed at, none are too happy with the way this July Fourth crowd was treated with dismal park hours.

Like I said, we planned/booked this trip a year ago when emh was well past midnight on July fourth week. It's pathetic on Disney's part.

radiohost

Oh and by the way...

It's not fair to say "if you don't like it don't vacation there" or use the played "their in it for money" bit...

A lot of folks on here have been going to disney world for 20+ years. We know how it works. The difference has been with the introduction my magic plus you have to plan your trip even with more detail than ever before. Not cool to announce pitiful park hours two months from the day of your trip when your trip was book a year in advance by going on previous years park hours. It's how everyone has always done it.

now, back to the fun...

Surfin' Tuna

This has been bothering me for some time now, but it wasn't until just now I took a look at Disneyland hours. That irritates me even more. Living here I can accept the hours and go another day, but I still do not like it. It's completely unfair to people who spend an arm and a leg to travel and stay here.

I realize it is partially (or totally) because AK is open late every night with EMH every night, but only the Avatar stuff is open during EMH. I went over there the other night only discover that tidbit. Give people something.

AndyS2992

If you think Disney World's times are bad, don't look at Disneyland Paris lol Most of the year they are:
Disneyland Park: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Walt Disney Studios: 10:00am - 6:00pm

Busier periods they will add an hour or two but that's it. Disneyland is never open past 11pm.

Legendary

Not good on Disney's part.

We've been here for 10 days now on a trip planned one year ago.

Last year during the Fourth of July week MK was open we'll past midnight. Go ahead and look at the times guide here on wdwmagic for 2016...see?!

We planned on have good emh past midnight this trip. The hours were only release two months ago. The folks on this very forum kept saying on another thread that mk always changes the hours the closer you get to the date. We'll, that's didn't happen this year.

And from the guests we have talked to across three disney resorts we have stayed at, none are too happy with the way this July Fourth crowd was treated with dismal park hours.

Like I said, we planned/booked this trip a year ago when emh was well past midnight on July fourth week. It's pathetic on Disney's part.
Were you able to enjoy everything that you wanted to? We were there during Pandora's opening weekend which also included Memorial Day and the end of the Food and Wine. It was pretty crowded but we were still able to enjoy everything and I mean everything. We left at around 10. It takes some planning but it can be done. My advice for your next trip...rope drop is a much better payoff than later hours!

AndyS2992

Disneyland Parc is open today 8am to 11pm. 10am - 11pm for all guests.

You can also get a one day ticket for those hours today for around $40.
It is today being Summer and a weekend which is great but from January to April and September through November park hours are more limited however Magic Kingdom and Disneyland CA for the most part seem to be open from 9am to 11pm all year round.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom