MK 24 hour party 2015 - Coolest Summer Ever

intheATL

Has anyone here made it all 24 hours consecutively without any breaks?

YES!! My daughter (21) and I have attended ALL 3 of the other 24 hour
events - no sleeping, no stopping, no resting!

We are both major night owls and have awful schedules regularly so it really doesn't faze us! LOL!

My advice is to get a lot of sleep the 2 days before and it will help. Also, avoid sugar and caffeine because it will just make you crash. And go at an easy pace. You can easily ride a lot from 6am - 10am, then slow down. Eat leisurely, visit shops, pin trade in the afternoon, watch the parade. Make your FP for afternoon because that's when it will be crowded. After 1am, wait times are lessened again and you can ride easily until 6am.

Someone mentioned something about fights and trash, well perhaps that happened somewhere, but we have never witnessed anything negative at the 24 hour events. Even most CMs were in good spirits, I spoke with many who actually wanted to work the overnight hours and seemed to really enjoy the atmosphere. Especially from midnight to 6am, guests (who werent asleep on benches!) Were there to enjoy the event and lessened crowds. In the middle of the night most things were maybe 15 min. I waited longer to meet Bowler Hat Guy than any ride all day - no joke! Over the course of the 24 hours we "rode" 38 rides, with obviously some being repeats like HM 6 times, LOL. I kept a tally sheet for the scrap book! And took a picture of what we were doing every hour on the hour.

Can you tell we love the 24 hour days?!

raven

So let me get this straight. This year's 24 hour event is Frozen themed and they want you to dress as characters from the movie? I told my roommate that I wanted to make a Tron costume and he said I would look out of place because everyone will be dressed as Frozen. If that's the case, no thanks.

meekoman

Last year they had the big screen area over by Astro set up to show movies - they laid some type of outdoor carpet on the concrete. Folks were flaked out catching some shuteye. I would suggest bringing a pillow and blanket with you and renting a locker to store them during the day. My backpack wasn't the most comfortable thing to lay my head on. We will be going again this year and I will make sure that locker has some pillows, blankets, snacks, water, Monster drinks for my daughter, and other items so we can comfortably take a nap. Because I want to see the sun rise over the Castle this year.
I'm considering going in the morning and going back to the hotel early afternoon to take a swim and a nap, then heading back early afternoon. We will rent a locker or two to put some extra clothes, snacks, pillows and such in. Can't wait!

intheATL

So let me get this straight. This year's 24 hour event is Frozen themed and they want you to dress as characters from the movie? I told my roommate that I wanted to make a Tron costume and he said I would look out of place because everyone will be dressed as Frozen. If that's the case, no thanks.

No, the vast majority won't even be in costume. Besides, its SO much cooler to wear something that is unusual, so show your Disney side however you want!

meekoman

YES!! My daughter (21) and I have attended ALL 3 of the other 24 hour
events - no sleeping, no stopping, no resting!

We are both major night owls and have awful schedules regularly so it really doesn't faze us! LOL!

My advice is to get a lot of sleep the 2 days before and it will help. Also, avoid sugar and caffeine because it will just make you crash. And go at an easy pace. You can easily ride a lot from 6am - 10am, then slow down. Eat leisurely, visit shops, pin trade in the afternoon, watch the parade. Make your FP for afternoon because that's when it will be crowded. After 1am, wait times are lessened again and you can ride easily until 6am.

Someone mentioned something about fights and trash, well perhaps that happened somewhere, but we have never witnessed anything negative at the 24 hour events. Even most CMs were in good spirits, I spoke with many who actually wanted to work the overnight hours and seemed to really enjoy the atmosphere. Especially from midnight to 6am, guests (who werent asleep on benches!) Were there to enjoy the event and lessened crowds. In the middle of the night most things were maybe 15 min. I waited longer to meet Bowler Hat Guy than any ride all day - no joke! Over the course of the 24 hours we "rode" 38 rides, with obviously some being repeats like HM 6 times, LOL. I kept a tally sheet for the scrap book! And took a picture of what we were doing every hour on the hour.

Can you tell we love the 24 hour days?!
Taking a tally sheet is a good idea. I also plan on taking some pictures of us two to see how the overnighter has took its toll on us.

I plan on staying away from the pop/soda, since it actually makes me sick drinking it after 8 or so. Caffeine doesn't act much as a stimulant on me, so I need to find out what will be good to drink during those hours.

We are going to wear costumes, since its so fun. We've been to many P&P parties, MNNSHP's, so, we like to figure out what we will dress as this year. My daughter has many princess dresses to choose from so I need to find one that is going to be comfortable to wear for a long period of time

meekoman

What do they usually offer as special merchandise (besides t shirts) and food? Do they have a special park map for that night explaining what's happening for the day?

intheATL

What do they usually offer as special merchandise (besides t shirts) and food? Do they have a special park map for that night explaining what's happening for the day?

Every guest gets a commemorative big button upon entering the park...at least we have for the other 3 events! The Emporium will likely have tshirts. There have also been special Mouse Ear Hats as well. And there is always an event cupcake, too. As it gets closer to the big day I am sure the list of special food items will come out. Like last year, Columbia Harbor House and others offered special breakfast items staring in the wee hours, etc.

Cmdr_Crimson

Ohh Boy...A Parade of pure mediocrity
HLCvt61uxKTcs.gif

tribbleorlfl

You could,always do a Tron-Frozen mashup!

omurice

"Lockin' it in" that first peoplemover ride at 11:01PM. 6 hours 59 mins sans dance party to enjoy a breezy ride on TTA at night, good times. ;)

gmajew

Premium Member
Of course that all depends on your interests. For some this may well be the highlight of their trip.

In complete agreement when I told my kids who was going to be doing it at the park they both said man wish we could go.... Entertainment may not be ones choice but the people that it is meant for the age group that wants this stuff they love it.

Just like SW weekend is geared towards a certain type of fan or FW or even the flower expo... I will give disney credit they know how to gear events towards a specific market.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom