News Mizner's Lounge to be expanded at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort into a Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge

ImperfectPixie

As far as I've seen, all bars at Disney Resorts (Trader Sam's after 8pm being the only exception), allow kids inside their premises, is this correct?

There's been a couple of times when we haven't been able to sit down, grab an adult drink and relax after a long day in the parks, because families with small children have taken all tables and stools.
I'm guessing Mizner's Lounge allows children inside too (?)

It would be nice if Disney could recognize the need for a few adult-only spaces.
A bar/lounge is not a place for kids. IMO.
I agree 100%...and I have 8-year-old and 13-year-old sons. We recently stayed at a hotel in which the bar was literally less than 100 feet from our room - we gave them one of our phones, told them where we were going, told them to call if they needed us, and went and had a few drinks.

ImperfectPixie

I've been thinking about the whole "kids in the lounges" thing tonight...there should absolutely be a time at which the kids are no longer welcome...maybe after 6pm or something. Day clientele are a different story at a lounge, most people are eating more than they're drinking...but at night, it should be adults only. I've long been of the opinion that Disney needs to figure out a way to bring back a sort of Pleasure Island experience to help ease the pressure on Epcot and drinking around the world. (We made the mistake of being at Epcot after 8pm on a weekend during F&W once...holy hell was it awful.)

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I'd like to add that my previous comment is more about Disney Resorts that have lounges/bars like Mizner's Lounge or Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge, for example.
I was surprised to see children in there late at night.

I fully understand that WDW is a family oriented environment and one will definitely see children all day long. But maybe some of us might want to get a break from that, and chill amongst fellow adults for a while, specially after say, 8pm.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

I'd like to add that my previous comment is more about Disney Resorts that have lounges/bars like Mizner's Lounge or Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge, for example.
I was surprised to see children in there late at night.

I fully understand that WDW is a family oriented environment and one will definitely see children all day long. But maybe some of us might want to get a break from that, and chill amongst fellow adults for a while, specially after say, 8pm.
I got the impression from your first post that you meant the resort lounges, and I still agree with you...including the part I bolded. Funny thing is that when I mentioned going to a hotel bar with my husband, that trip was also to a theme park, albeit a much smaller one.

ToTBellHop

What does a French fairy tale have to do with a hotel themed to Victorian seaside opulence? Why are they trying to shoehorn IP into places they don't belong? Too many anachronisms/thematic inconsistencies and WDW is gonna start to look tacky...
Disney’s Grand Frenchinian Resort CONFIRMED.

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t understand the lack of place. Disney upper management shouldn’t have total control of the parks, Imagineering needs to be able to push back on certain ideas.

Trader Sams at Polynesian was a natural fit.
Give imagineers free range to come up with something really cool and special for the GF. Do the whole themed bar thing, but specific to the Grand.

lazyboy97o

I don’t understand the lack of place. Disney upper management shouldn’t have total control of the parks, Imagineering needs to be able to push back on certain ideas.

Trader Sams at Polynesian was a natural fit.
Give imagineers free range to come up with something really cool and special for the GF. Do the whole themed bar thing, but specific to the Grand.
Imagineering is filled with too many idiots who like theme parks. These decisions need to be made by smart people who don’t really like theme parks, people with little to no experience with them.

NomeKing88

Personally, I think they should just theme the bar to RETURN TO OZ. I mean, it's more thematically appropriate then B&tB. Mombi's heads could line the walls, Nightmarish Wheelers could serve drinks. WHAT COULD GO WRONG???

Beacon Joe

Echoing durangojim's question. Not that I will set foot in a Beauty and the Beast-themed bar. I just want to know if the construction will be over, and the band returned to its proper place before I return next year.

Quoting this because this is exactly why I liked Mizner's. I wasn't in love with its decor, but it was the perfect little refuge. Instead of ruining Mizner's and inserting nonsensical IP princess crap, they should have given us a speakeasy. A nice hidden entrance that would reveal something like the Crew's Cup lounge.

aladdin2007

Echoing durangojim's question. Not that I will set foot in a Beauty and the Beast-themed bar. I just want to know if the construction will be over, and the band returned to its proper place before I return next year.

Quoting this because this is exactly why I liked Mizner's. I wasn't in love with its decor, but it was the perfect little refuge. Instead of ruining Mizner's and inserting nonsensical IP princess crap, they should have given us a speakeasy. A nice hidden entrance that would reveal something like the Crew's Cup lounge.

this!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom