News Mizner's Lounge to be expanded at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort into a Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge

Kman101

Did anyone here defend it in the terms you describe? Other threads certainly demonstrate such tension, but things have been fairly good-natured in this particular discussion (unless I missed something).

It's not necessarily about the thread ;). It's in general. It's frustrating to have valid concerns be dismissed.

I wouldn't speak about something that "didn't exist" ;) Not trying to make it up.

Again; it was my opinion. Any particular reason you picked on my post to 'call out'?

LittleBuford

Again; it was my opinion. Any particular reason you picked on my post to 'call out'?

I wasn’t calling out anything; my opening question was genuine, not rhetorical. As for why your post, no-one else had contributed anything like it to the thread. It just seemed very much out of left field, and it still does.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, June 18, 2019. In case anyone was curious about how the Grand Floridian lobby looks during the Mizner's refurbishment.... A good portion of one end of the lobby ground floor has been converted to a stage for the nightly orchestra. On the second level, rather than construction panels, there are curtains which are more in theming with the resort décor.

IMG_1440.JPG

prberk

Hmm, yes, but what is there to attract kids?

Not everything has to attract kids. That is the point that many of us have made. Walt Disney World is a huge resort with amenities for the whole family... but that doesn't mean all in one place. Sometimes having something for adults is the perfect option, while separately having some other things that are clearly centered on children. Together they make up the resort for everyone to enjoy their vacation.

wannabeBelle

Not everything has to attract kids. That is the point that many of us have made. Walt Disney World is a huge resort with amenities for the whole family... but that doesn't mean all in one place. Sometimes having something for adults is the perfect option, while separately having some other things that are clearly centered on children. Together they make up the resort for everyone to enjoy their vacation.
Amen. Marie

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I know. I agree, my post was sarcasm.

prberk

I know. I agree, my post was sarcasm.

Sorry, I did not get that. (The limits of text strike again.)

Glad to hear.

I do find it funny that they are "Disneyfying" all of the original, otherwise beautifully-themed deluxe resorts while building completely boring concrete monstrosities elsewhere on the property that might as well be Marriotts, with really no serious theming and no "Disneyified" (cartoon character) elements.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I do find it funny that they are "Disneyfying" all of the original, otherwise beautifully-themed deluxe resorts while building completely boring concrete monstrosities elsewhere on the property that might as well be Marriotts, with really no serious theming and no "Disneyified" (cartoon character) elements.
Hadn't thought of this. That is an interesting dichotomy.

Bocabear

Hadn't thought of this. That is an interesting dichotomy.
me either...and that is a good question... Why are they building run-of-the-mill Marriott style hotels and cheapening and dumbing down their more beautifully themed resorts... They cannot say that it is what people are asking for...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
A Beauty and the Beast Bar... who is this for, 11 year olds with fake IDs?

Don't overstate. There is not going to be a beauty and the beast bar. The bar is going to be inspired by the look and feel of the beauty and the beast movies. There are not going to be some tacky oversized movie props with a giant Lumiere running around. Now with that being said, what they are doing doesn't go with the theme of the GF resort.

RSoxNo1

Don't overstate. There is not going to be a beauty and the beast bar. The bar is going to be inspired by the look and feel of the beauty and the beast movies. There are not going to be some tacky oversized movie props with a giant Lumiere running around. Now with that being said, what they are doing doesn't go with the theme of the GF resort.
Disney does the "inspired by" vibe pretty well, but who's asking for the live action movie inspiration? It still seems odd.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
As far as I've seen, all bars at Disney Resorts (Trader Sam's after 8pm being the only exception), allow kids inside their premises, is this correct?

There's been a couple of times when we haven't been able to sit down, grab an adult drink and relax after a long day in the parks, because families with small children have taken all tables and stools.
I'm guessing Mizner's Lounge allows children inside too (?)

It would be nice if Disney could recognize the need for a few adult-only spaces.
A bar/lounge is not a place for kids. IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom