News Mizner's Lounge to be expanded at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort into a Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge

jt04

Its a trope they've tried to keep alive from the Adventurers Club in Pleasure Island.
Disney’s Society of Explorers and Adventurers

No, it is actually a real thing that exists although I don't know if it predates the AC.

#notatrope

Epcot82Guy

Now you have me waxing about an Adventurer's Club returning in some capacity as a large Salon in the Grand Floridian - and it makes me so happy and sad at the same time... :D:cry:

scottieRoss

The S.E.A. originated from the Adventurer's Club in Pleasure Island (opened in 1989)...that pre-dates Tokyo DisneySea (opened in 2001).
Actually, the Adventurers Club was an inspiration for the S.E.A. S.E.A. made it's first appearance at the 2001 opening of DisneySea. The Fortress Explorations attraction gave guests the opportunity to join S.E.A. Magellan’s restaurant served as the meeting place of S.E.A.
The Tower of Terror was then themed to Harrison Hightower, a member of S.E.A.
It next jumped to Hong Kong for the opening of Mystic Manor. The attraction contains many references to S.E.A in its queue. Hong Kong also has an Explorer's Club restaurant that refers to S.E.A. (and contains props from the PI Adventurer's Club). Aulani has a reference to Harrison Hightower in a letter from Adventurer's Club Presiden Pamelia Perkins, but it does not mention S.E.A.

The Disney Cruise Line and Typhoon Lagoon all reference Mary Oceaneer as a member of S.E.A. At WDW, S.E.A. first appeared in Big Thunder with Barnabis T Bullion as a member and in the Skippers Canteen which features a S.E.A. dining room, S.E.A memorabilia and adds Dr. Albert Falls as a member. Jock Lindsay is also listed on the menu at his hanger bar as a member of S.E.A.

It is also important to note that S.E.A. predates the Adventurer's Club in time setting. The Adventurer's Club is always 1939 while S.E.A. is set in the late 1800's. So, it is possible that the Adventurer's Club is a later incarnation of S.E.A.

wannabeBelle

A while ago someone had suggested to me that they should look into doing a dinner show with the Adventurer's Club type of show. This could be an interesting evening out. Even two versions, one earlier in the day for more family friendly humor and one later in the evening for adults only. What do you think? Marie

jt04

A while ago someone had suggested to me that they should look into doing a dinner show with the Adventurer's Club type of show. This could be an interesting evening out. Even two versions, one earlier in the day for more family friendly humor and one later in the evening for adults only. What do you think? Marie

I think a large dinner theater show in Disney Springs would be a winner.

Homer fan

PHOTOS - Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge to replace Mizner's at Disneys Grand Floridan Resort
I think Disney is doing things the right way nowadays. Take the classic Disney movies/feel and put it everywhere. I think that is what people expect, hence the change to more IP in the parks and beyond.

dothebrdwalk

PHOTOS - Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge to replace Mizner's at Disneys Grand Floridan Resort
It looks good folks. Not tacky or over the top, nice, luxurious, moody. IT's a win from this current concept art in my book.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Actually, the Adventurers Club was an inspiration for the S.E.A. S.E.A. made it's first appearance at the 2001 opening of DisneySea. The Fortress Explorations attraction gave guests the opportunity to join S.E.A. Magellan’s restaurant served as the meeting place of S.E.A.
The Tower of Terror was then themed to Harrison Hightower, a member of S.E.A.
It next jumped to Hong Kong for the opening of Mystic Manor. The attraction contains many references to S.E.A in its queue. Hong Kong also has an Explorer's Club restaurant that refers to S.E.A. (and contains props from the PI Adventurer's Club). Aulani has a reference to Harrison Hightower in a letter from Adventurer's Club Presiden Pamelia Perkins, but it does not mention S.E.A.

The Disney Cruise Line and Typhoon Lagoon all reference Mary Oceaneer as a member of S.E.A. At WDW, S.E.A. first appeared in Big Thunder with Barnabis T Bullion as a member and in the Skippers Canteen which features a S.E.A. dining room, S.E.A memorabilia and adds Dr. Albert Falls as a member. Jock Lindsay is also listed on the menu at his hanger bar as a member of S.E.A.

It is also important to note that S.E.A. predates the Adventurer's Club in time setting. The Adventurer's Club is always 1939 while S.E.A. is set in the late 1800's. So, it is possible that the Adventurer's Club is a later incarnation of S.E.A.

Yes, I love the idea of S.E.A. as a fictional backstory that relatively smoothly ties several things together in the Disney parks.

Missing20K

Few things make one feel truly whisked away to the Florida Coast like a bar with classical Baroque designs and French furnishings.

Themed entertainment should be more than placing the customer "inside" a movie. What story is this telling? Or more appropriately, as it's within an already themed environment, what story is this space reinforcing? The story, at least to me, is "you're in Disney", and very little else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom