News Mizner's Lounge to be expanded at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort into a Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge

Animaniac93-98

This is said to be Beauty and the Beast themed (live action version) when it reopens.
I can confirm that.

1QxC.gif

p>

Last edited:

christine7257

The theme seems like an odd choice for a bar/lounge - are they trying to make it more family-friendly? I’m not sure I like that (if it’s the intention) but I am excited about an overall expansion. An outdoor patio sounds like a great add. I hope it will still be possible to sit somewhere and listen to the orchestra.

NoChesterHester

The theme seems like an odd choice for a bar/lounge - are they trying to make it more family-friendly? I’m not sure I like that (if it’s the intention) but I am excited about an overall expansion. An outdoor patio sounds like a great add. I hope it will still be possible to sit somewhere and listen to the orchestra.

Makes total sense. I really want my children wanting to attend a bar/lounge...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This is the strangest thing. A B&tB bar and lounge. In...the Grand Floridian...ummmmmm
No doubt someone will be along shortly with a ridiculous example of how the two correlate and why its perfect for their family.

"B&tB takes place in France, and Floridian also starts with an F, and my daughter wants to do Bibbidy Bobody Boutique and become Belle"!! "I can see why disney made this decision"! *person returns to eating paint chips

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
No doubt someone will be along shortly with a ridiculous example of how the two correlate and why its perfect for their family.

"B&tB takes place in France, and Floridian also starts with an F, and my daughter wants to do Bibbidy Bobody Boutique and become Belle"!! "I can see why disney made this decision"! *person returns to sniffing paint chips
No doubt you are correct.

jt04

It still makes no sense

I wasn't defending the theming but still consider it an upgrade overall. They've been marketing the Floridian more as a magical character hotel and this fits that. I have no doubt it would draw substantially more numbers than what was there.

christine7257

What if it is a family venue by day for snacks and m&gs and adult venue in the evening?

Just a thought.

Possible. They’d certainly want the space to generate revenue for as much of the day as possible. And it will basically be half of the second floor. But suspect a higher profit margin on adult beverages vs. snacks. Currently Mizner’s opens at 1pm. Who knows. I know it is Disney and I’ve never had an issue with well-behaved kids but I’d hate to see it become a Be Our Guest like destination.

jt04

Adding characters won't make this a true world class resort. Sucks they are too stupid to realize this lol.

They seem to be moving the hotel away from that at this hotel anyway. They've been adding more characters for awhile now. Must be getting positive feedback from guests.

jt04

Possible. They’d certainly want the space to generate revenue for as much of the day as possible. And it will basically be half of the second floor. But suspect a higher profit margin on adult beverages vs. snacks. Currently Mizner’s opens at 1pm. Who knows. I know it is Disney and I’ve never had an issue with well-behaved kids but I’d hate to see it become a Be Our Guest like destination.

That is why it may operate in different modes between the daytime and nighttime. We'll see.

Magenta Panther

Arrgh. Let's just hope that TDO isn't planning to have some guy dressed up as the Goat Man - er, the live-action Beast - to wander through the restaurant to terrify - er, delight - small children...

lazyboy97o

This is the strangest thing. A B&tB bar and lounge. In...the Grand Floridian...ummmmmm

"B&tB takes place in France, and Floridian also starts with an F, and my daughter wants to do Bibbidy Bobody Boutique and become Belle"!! "I can see why disney made this decision"! *person returns to sniffing paint chips
Wine. French people like wine. Floridians likes wine. The buildings also look kind of French, so it all works!

Hopefully they don’t fill in the floor and make the whole thing feel cramped. Those ceilings in the store get low along the windows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom