News Mizner's Lounge to be expanded at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort into a Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I don’t remember ever seeing it full (admittedly, I haven’t visited often). Of course, the Menswear store never seemed busy either.

TrainsOfDisney

I always felt like the men’s store added a touch of class to the Grand. Having a real men’s clothing store selling upscale Non-Disney clothing may not have been overly profitable, but it helped to make the Grand feel like a “real” upscale resort to me. Certainly not the end of the world, but seems like a small loss to me.

seascape

While I like mizner's lounge, my wife will miss the selection at the womens store. This creates a problem, I liked to spend time in miners while she shopped. Does this mean she will shop less and I will get less time at the lounge? This could end up being bad for the bottom line.

Last edited:

SpaceMountain77

I always felt like the men’s store added a touch of class to the Grand. Having a real men’s clothing store selling upscale Non-Disney clothing may not have been overly profitable, but it helped to make the Grand feel like a “real” upscale resort to me. Certainly not the end of the world, but seems like a small loss to me.

I agree. Back in the 1980s, I remember going on vacation with my family and buying vacation clothes, non-Disney apparel, while on vacation. It is akin to a small upscale boutique one would find at a high-end resort or mall.

The_Jobu

This makes sense. I always thought, for the GF, Mizners wasnt fancypants enough like the rest of the hotel.

Hope they make more room for seats.

Bocabear

This makes sense. I always thought, for the GF, Mizners wasnt fancypants enough like the rest of the hotel.

Hope they make more room for seats.
I agree it never was as nice as it could or should be...espcially touting the Mizner name but having none of the characteristic charm and style of his architectural legacy...Maybe now it will look less like a convention center flex space and more like the swanky lounge it is supposed to be.

ThatMouse

The last 20 times at GF:
  1. Watch band or piano player.
  2. Peek into Mizner's. It's always completely empty.
  3. Peek into stores, never buy anything.
  4. Grab bottle of beer at Gasparilla's, happy about not having to tip the extra $1.

P.S. GF is one of those where I think both pool bars are behind gates, although perhaps not locked?

disneyC97

I'm surprised a separate men's shop has lasted this long. The shops at the Grand Floridian harken back to an era at WDW where the original resorts had multiple shops with different wares...both the Contemporary and Polynesian took this approach from 1971 through the mid-1990s and since then their shops have been eliminated/combined/replaced as well.

I think the Yacht and Beach Club were the first custom-built "deluxe" resorts built with a single interior retail location each and that has been the case since.*

*The Boardwalk is the outlier here.

atomicity

We are arriving end of March through first week of April; the news says the clothing store will be closed April 4, will Mizner’s still be open? Love the place!

durangojim

I don’t remember ever seeing it full (admittedly, I haven’t visited often). Of course, the Menswear store never seemed busy either.
When we were there last summer it was packed every night. Seeemed to be either from convention groups or wedding parties but it was very busy.

Networth

Mizner's is always packed (when are you guys going when you see it dead!?). We own at VGF and every trip its a fight to get a table or seat at the bar and we were just their last week. The lounge is just too small for the resort. I do agree the Commander Porters is typically dead but I have bought the odd and end, hat, shirt, and shirt their.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom