Pre-Trip Mixtape - A July 2022 Trip

I'm happy and excited to report that the Fractal family, at least parts of it will be going back to Walt Disney World this July!

Like our 2017 trip, this one will be a joint family trip with my sister Marina and yes, Yia-Yia will be joining us and she is counting the days she can ride Flight of Passage again. We are doing it again!

Marina will be with her entire family this time but as for me there will be some subtractions and an addition. My daughter Alex is doing a traveling nurse stint in New Mexico and unfortunately her plans to join us with her girlfriend Emily just didn't work out.
Val has decided to travel to New Mexico instead of Disney to visit Alex so Val will not be with us. My crew will consist of myself, Toni, and Sterg.

Toni and Yia-Yia

PXL_20220101_220316335.PORTRAIT-X2.jpg

Val, Sterg and I...

DSC09891-X3.jpg

Val is absolutely devastated that she is missing this trip...not really but deep, deep down I think there is a small part of her that is bummed. :rolleyes:

We'll certainly miss her!

DSC09879-X2.jpg

I will also miss Alex and Emily who we've gotten to know more. Emily spent a couple days in Disney last year and was immediately hooked. She's very bummed not to be coming along but there's always a next time!

Here they are front row.

PXL_20220426_234740685-X3.jpg

We are planning to Arrive July 15th and depart the 20th. There is a lot of planning yet to do!

Back with more!

Last edited:

macefamily

I grew up in Wildwood working for my parents restaurant over the Summer. That boardwalk was my stomping grounds during the late 70's and 80's. :)

Tough choice between the two.!

DSC09203-X2.jpg

DSC09258-X2.jpg

I am a big fan of Mack's pizza - a slice with some Pennsylvania Dutch Birch Beer on a nice Summer day is hard to beat.

DSC09174-X2.jpg

NICE !!!!! 🤪

fractal

Original Poster
Can't wait. Looking forward to many photos.

Thanks!

I'm so ready to see some famous @fractal photos!!! SO READY!

Bring It On Disney GIF

Getting ready to go!

YAY, can't wait until July now!! Always love Fractal family trip reports!! I think the flip flop one was my fav! LOL

Lol! Thanks! Reminds me that I need a new pair!

Awww...looks like we're just going to miss you guys. We're planning to pop onto property on 7/23 and again on 7/31 to bookend a cruise. Can't wait to read your report!

Darn - would have been a nice meetup! Enjoy your trip - someday we'll do a cruise.

Whew!! Almost missed another fabulous report.
I'm in.

Thanks for checking in @eliza61nyc !

Waaahhhooo!!! I'm in! Are you going to get any time in Universal for photos there? That pic of Toni and Yia-Yia is just precious and I can't wait to follow along!

No Universal planned (yet?). Thanks! Yia-Yia and Toni have formed a really special bond lately. They talk on the phone at least 3 or 4 times a week.

SO excited for a fractal TR!!
Feeling It GIF by Apple TV+

Thanks!

Movie Raise The Roof GIF by Star Wars
Star Wars Dancing GIF
Star Wars Baby GIF by Disney+
Star Wars Parody GIF
Star Wars Reaction GIF
Star Wars Episode 6 GIF

This is how every Magician feels when a Fractal trip is announced!!!

Max

Lol! perfect.

Great to hear that you are going back this summer! Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks Kathy! I need to add more photos to my repertoire.

View attachment 640366

I haven't been around much lately... but rest assured I follow Sterg and Toni on TikTok... so I am keeping up with your fam!

Oh boy. I have tiktok but rarely view. Maybe a little afraid?

Thanks for checking in @Rista1313 !

WooHOO! Family fun and fantastic photos are in our future!

Thank you sir! your report has really got me in a Disney mood!

Thanks @WDisneyW !

fractal

Original Poster
I've been very busy lately - the month of May we moved to a new place - finally downsizing! That plus work, my responsibility at our Church, moving Toni home from school and keeping up with all the new trip reports has engulfed my time.

I also tore my bicep a couple months ago in a bowling tournament I put together for our Church. Turns out it wasn't such a good idea to get into a "who can throw the bowling ball harder" contest with my buddy who's kinda like a bigger burlier version of me.

PXL_20220301_035211295-XL.jpg

I tore if off from the elbow and had surgery. The day after surgery Val and I drove down to Clemson for "Father's Weekend". I missed it last year and afterwards I promised Toni I wouldn't miss it this year. My doctor thought I was nuts. I only needed one of his painkiller pills and after that wore off, bourbon did a nice job of managing the pain for me.

PXL_20220312_182440692-L.jpg

Thankfully I am out of this sling now and an arm brace I needed to wear for a few weeks.

PXL_20220312_173245784-X2.jpg

Toni was happy to see us and she gave us an extensive tour of campus. We also used this time as an opportunity to move some of her stuff back home.

PXL_20220313_211708874-X2.jpg

Oh, did I also tell you I then went on a golf trip to Arizona? 28 guys - we go somewhere different every year. This year I just drove around the course in a cart with one of the older guys that no longer plays. I think we had more fun than the golfers!

DSC00525-X3.jpg

As Orthodox Christians, we celebrated Easter on April 24th. Much work and stress for me (Parish Council President) but things went off without any major glitch.

DSC00959-X3.jpg

Before I knew it, it was time to drive back down to Clemson and move Toni home.

PXL_20220502_162939442.PORTRAIT-X3.jpg

PXL_20220502_223159777-X2.jpg

But she wasn't home for long. She left soon after for Bethany Beach Delaware. Her and her friend Allie are spending the summer there waitressing.

No pics of Sterg or Alex. Sterg is working hard in Florida and same for Alex in New Mexico. Sterg will be driving up to Orlando for our trip.

Next up - time for some serious planning!

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

I've been very busy lately - the month of May we moved to a new place - finally downsizing! That plus work, my responsibility at our Church, moving Toni home from school and keeping up with all the new trip reports has engulfed my time.

I also tore my bicep a couple months ago in a bowling tournament I put together for our Church. Turns out it wasn't such a good idea to get into a "who can throw the bowling bowl harder" contest with my buddy who's kinda like a bigger burlier version of me.

I tore if off from the elbow and had surgery. The day after surgery I drove down to Clemson for "Father's Weekend". I missed it last year and afterwards I promised Toni I wouldn't miss it this year. My doctor thought I was nuts. I only need one of his painkiller pills and after that wore off, bourbon did a nice job of managing the pain for me.

Thankfully I am out of this sling now and an arm brace I needed to wear for a few weeks.

Toni was happy to see us and she gave us an extensive tour of campus. We also used this time as an opportunity to move back some of her stuff home.

Oh, did I also tell you I then went on a golf trip to Arizona? 28 guys - we go somewhere different every year. This year I just drove around the course in a cart with one of the older guys that no longer plays. I think we had more fun than the golfers!

DSC00525-X3.jpg

As Orthodox Christians, we celebrated Easter on April 24th. Much work and stress for me (Parish Council President) but things went off without any major glitch.

DSC00959-X3.jpg

But she wasn't home for long. She left soon after for Bethany Beach Delaware. Her and her friend Allie are spending the summer there waitressing.

No pics of Sterg or Alex. Sterg is working hard in Florida and same for Alex in New Mexico. Sterg will be driving up to Orlando for our trip.

lol, my you have been busy.

Glad you are recovering and yep I feel your pain. remind me to one day regale you with the torn meniscus and knee surgery after accepting a "double dutch" jump roping contest. note to self, what you did at 15 doesn't work so well at 55. :D

Happy Belated Easter, coincidently one of the first photography course I ever took, the teacher took us around Philadelphia to photograph various churches and one of the most beautiful was a Christian orthodox church in south Philadelphia called assumption of the holy virgin. absolutely beautiful.

lol, go Toni!! waitressing at Bethany ain't a bad way to spend the summer. We usually hang a little further north at Rehobeth but outside of Disney, the beach is my happy place

Thanks for checking in!

Zipadeelady

I also tore my bicep a couple months ago in a bowling tournament I put together for our Church. Turns out it wasn't such a good idea to get into a "who can throw the bowling bowl harder" contest with my buddy who's kinda like a bigger burlier version of me.

I tore if off from the elbow and had surgery. The day after surgery Val and I drove down to Clemson for "Father's Weekend". I missed it last year and afterwards I promised Toni I wouldn't miss it this year. My doctor thought I was nuts. I only needed one of his painkiller pills and after that wore off, bourbon did a nice job of managing the pain for me.

Toni was happy to see us and she gave us an extensive tour of campus. We also used this time as an opportunity to move some of her stuff back home.

DSC00525-X3.jpg

DSC00959-X3.jpg

WOW! I need to stop complaining about how busy i am! Glad you are doing better and happy the family is doing good.

fractal

Original Poster
I’ll definitely be following along. Unfortunately, we won’t be there meeting up this time. Guess we will need to do that here. Have fun.

@coachwnh Any fractal beers still laying around?

We spent the weekend in Delaware near Rehoboth. Some fun in the sun. Weather was perfect. Toni was able to join us for a day as she drove up after working a shift in Bethany Beach.

I had my shirt on Sunday by the pool as Saturday's sun turned my chest red.

PXL_20220529_191326160-XL.jpg

Toni modeling - she's getting very excited for Disney!

PXL_20220529_151854785.PORTRAIT~2-X2.jpg

- also did a quick engagement photoshoot for my cousin's daughter. So once I find where I put my computer I can work on editing those pics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom