Is it worth it?

Do you sign up on board?

Can someone under 21 sit in on it?

Minnie_girl

Absolutely worth it.
75.gif

Totally agree....a really fun time.

Sans Souci

Is that a course where you make drinks? It doesn't sound very family oriented. The Disney purists would be appalled.

It sounds fun to me....do you get to drink your mistakes?

It is fun! Sometimes there are left overs, too, that you can drink.

ETA: Drinks nobody has claimed, not leftovers that someone left behind. I feel compelled to clarify that.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
It's $15pp. You get at least 3 cocktails for that price. Yes, it's absolutely worth it.

@unkadug, you can drink your mistakes, other peoples mistakes, and as @Tiggerfanatic and I can attest, if there are any unconsumed cocktails you can just go around sucking them all up. And if you drink all of those and still want more, they will accommodate (although they'll charge for post-class drinks!)

At our Mixology class, the first one, a layered shot, included two liquors that I don't drink. The lead bartender noticed that I hadn't taken one and asked about it--said I, I don't care for Bailey's or Grand Marnier, so he got a glass and poured me a straight shot of Kahlua (bonus points to anyone who can do the math and figure out what drink was made ;) )

@Scoutn757 , just do it! : D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's $15pp. You get at least 3 cocktails for that price. Yes, it's absolutely worth it....
At our Mixology class, the first one, a layered shot, included two liquors that I don't drink. The lead bartender noticed that I hadn't taken one and asked about it--said I, I don't care for Bailey's or Grand Marnier, so he got a glass and poured me a straight shot of Kahlua (bonus points to anyone who can do the math and figure out what drink was made ;) )

Kahlua martini?

sweetpee_1993

Mixology. $15pp. As soon as you board go to Guest Services, ask when it's offered, then sign up. Every Mixology I've done follows the same basic format for the drinks: 5 beverages, mostly not full size but still plenty w/at least 1 layered oversized shot. Not sure if under 21s can attend. They won't be up at the bar with the class (yes, WDWMagic gals, usually you're lined up right in front of the bar if not sitting at the bar). I've done Mixology 5x's with only the WDWMagic girls cruise having the variation on the seating arrangement. Even the Italian cocktail tasting on the Fantasy was at the bar seating. I think under 21s could maybe come inside the bar and just sit off in the outer areas.

sweetpee_1993

Is that a course where you make drinks? It doesn't sound very family oriented. The Disney purists would be appalled.

It sounds fun to me....do you get to drink your mistakes?
Unk, the Disney cruises do things that aren't for the "yutes". Imagine the adult-only shows! Its Disney-fied when the couples in Match Your Mate get asked where is the most interesting/unusual place they found the magic. And let me just say, the swears that slip during adult comedy definitely add an extra dirtiness to the shows. Right under Mickey's nose. Love it.

sweetpee_1993

Oh...on top of the Bailey's or Grand Marnier...I thought you meant straight up Kahlua.
Layered top to bottom, I think, is Grand Marnier, Kahlua, Baileys. You gotta pour 'em juuuuuust right to keep each layer clean. I thought downing it would suck but it's quite smooth & tasty. Sweet, creamy, and coffee/chocolatey. There's no kick in the face after. To me its like a dessert shot.

Tiggerfanatic

It's $15pp. You get at least 3 cocktails for that price. Yes, it's absolutely worth it.

@unkadug, you can drink your mistakes, other peoples mistakes, and as @Tiggerfanatic and I can attest, if there are any unconsumed cocktails you can just go around sucking them all up. And if you drink all of those and still want more, they will accommodate (although they'll charge for post-class drinks!)

And, we also coined a new word from Tammy's @Disneyfalcon Ladies trip report - "undrunk" -
As in, we shall let no good drink go undrunk. There were no undrunk drinks from the Dream Girls mixology class. And, I LOVED the B-52. Bring me more!

@Scoutn757 go check out some of trip reports for descriptions and pictures of the drinks that were mixed.

flynnibus

Premium Member
How much is it?

Is it worth it?

Do you sign up on board?

Can someone under 21 sit in on it?

$15 per person and you get 5 drinks.. usually 3/4 size or so. Runs about an hour+. Sign up at Guest Relations on-board - you can't do it prior. They offer it several times during the cruise, but is popular. I think I signed up on first day after we were out at sea and had several choices on our cruise.

They didn't seem to mind other 'spectators' hanging out on the fringes in the room. Also a great way to get free drinks... be a seagull lurking in the bar during a mixology class :)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Oh...on top of the Bailey's or Grand Marnier...I thought you meant straight up Kahlua.

Straight-up Kahlua is what I was given after I declined a B52. Sorry I confused you, sounds like you could have beaten Kelly to the no-prize for answering. :D

Aaaaand, I can't even count. It was five drinks. B52s, Cosmopolitans, Sunken Treasures, Mojitos, and the non-alcoholic drink (didn't catch the name). All those undrunk Mojitos muddled my brain ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom