Mister Rogers Neighborhood of Make Believe ride at Idlewilde Park

KentB3

Original Poster
I found this video of a Mister Rogers Neighborhood of Make Believe trolley ride at Idlewilde Amusement Park in Pennslyvania (near Pittsburgh). Anyone who grew up watching Mister Rogers' Neighborhood would be familiar with the characters and storyline of this ride:

Recently, the ride was converted to the new show Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, although nothing could hold a candle to the original!:

While watching (especially the original version), I was wondering what Disney could have done with a similar ride, themed area, and these characters. Any thoughts?

Nemo14

That was really charming, the same low-key charm that the show thrived on. It reminded me of Storyland, a park in Glen, NH, that my kids enjoyed when they were little. Thanks for posting it.

I'm not a fan of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, so I didn't watch that.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That was really charming, the same low-key charm that the show thrived on. It reminded me of Storyland, a park in Glen, NH, that my kids enjoyed when they were little. Thanks for posting it.

I'm not a fan of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, so I didn't watch that.

I remember Storyland! (I just read that it opened back in 1954.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
and Clarks' Trading Post with the trained bears!

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: And a marshmallow for you bear, and you bear, and you bear. (Because we all know that bears eat marshmallows in the wild . . . :rolleyes: )

But that was a long time ago. Not sure if they still give them marshmallows anymore -- ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
While watching (especially the original version), I was wondering what Disney could have done with a similar ride, themed area, and these characters. Any thoughts?

In a way, I think that Frontierland is (somewhat) along the same lines, with the Western background theme.

The original video reminds me a little more of the Fort Wilderness campground area when they had that old railway. (I was never there back then, but I've seen pictures of it.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom