Mission:SPACE Sponser

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
Will Compaq which is now being taken ove by Hewlett-Packard still back the ride? And I guess the info center in innoventions and the new ride will be know as Hewlett-Packard's Mission: Space.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Well I'm hoping :) Disney legal got the contract water tight before they started, and things such as mergers with other companies will not have an effect on the budgets. Name wise, it doesnt really matter what happens in my opinion.

MrPromey

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Well I'm hoping :) Disney legal got the contract water tight before they started, and things such as mergers with other companies will not have an effect on the budgets. Name wise, it doesnt really matter what happens in my opinion.

Regardless of the funding, does Disney have much of a choice with weather they continue it or not? I mean, they already announced the ride and the building is there with some parts of the outside shell already complete. They have hyped it. How could they just stop and have a NEW closed building sitting where the old one was?.. I"m just afraid they may rethink the attraction if there are problems. They never officially said a lot about what this attraction would be. They could still stick something else that will fit in the building... Do you think they would do something like this, Steve, or do you think they would complete the original design and just look for another sponsor that might take advantage of finding Disney in a somewhat desperate situation?

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by MrPromey

Regardless of the funding, does Disney have much of a choice with weather they continue it or not? I mean, they already announced the ride and the building is there with some parts of the outside shell already complete. They have hyped it. How could they just stop and have a NEW closed building sitting where the old one was?.. I"m just afraid they may rethink the attraction if there are problems. They never officially said a lot about what this attraction would be. They could still stick something else that will fit in the building... Do you think they would do something like this, Steve, or do you think they would complete the original design and just look for another sponsor that might take advantage of finding Disney in a somewhat desperate situation?

Mission: Meet and Greet :eek:

I'm hoping (and would be willing to bet) everything was iron clad before the merger.

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

Mission: Meet and Greet :eek:

Ooh, yeah, and they could bring back the silver space costumes the characters wore in future world in the 80s--that's a great idea! :D

;)

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
When the attraction opens, will they have it presented by Compag or Packard? Exxon merged with Mobile and they are just recently changing the signs.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by MrPromey

I"m just afraid they may rethink the attraction if there are problems. They never officially said a lot about what this attraction would be. They could still stick something else that will fit in the building... Do you think they would do something like this, Steve, or do you think they would complete the original design and just look for another sponsor that might take advantage of finding Disney in a somewhat desperate situation?

I think you hit the nail on the head there... the lack of any *official* info on the ride system etc, would make it very easy for the attarction to suddenly become something else if needed.

I really dont think this will impact things though. The new HP/Comapq alliance - if it does go ahead (from what I hear it is not a completely done deal yet?), will still need its fair share of advertising and promotion - and you dont get much better than being a signature attraction at a Disney park.

lifeguard1020

You have also got to think that HP thought about and looked into what Compaq was investing in and the such befre trying to aquire it. It's just not good business if you don't know what the company you are buying is doing.

Dan

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Compag has probly already paided for the attraction and they probly figuared that a $200 million attraction wasn't too big of a deal to go crazy over on the merger.

Compaq

I am actually happy that HP might get in on the deal, b/c being a manager in computer sales, too much Compaq has computer problems.....and in my guess if they used Compaq's technology the ride would end up like a Test Track, delaying opening dates with Technical Difficulty.
Also, does anybody know is general Disney theme park plans, general in nature, avaiable anywhere. I know they are hush hush, but I want the streets and water body layouts for a model I am working of for a new Ticket and Transportation hub. Please let me know

markymark

Originally posted by DisneyFreak
Now that's what I call an avitar! :D Nice job MB! ;)

Good Lord!!!

IT'S HUUUUUGE!!! (the avatar)

As far as the ride going ahead, I really can't see that there would be a problem. I mean as Dan said, Hp must have known what Compaq was involved with. If they didn't like it then surely they would have pulled out, or pulled the plug on MS before now. This deal must have been going through for months by now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom