Mission Space Ride System

tim911

Original Poster
One would think with the amount of people it takes to put together a new attraction on the scale of Mission:Space that someone would have some hard inside information by now on what the actual ride will be. It takes more than just Imagineers to build this ride, and those people must have access to blueprints or ride details. If anyone knows someone working inside the ride building itself, please find out more!!! I personally can't wait to know more. This is not Mission:Impossible, its Mission:Space!!!!!!!

NowInc

Maybe so...but contracts are binding...and chances are everyone working on the project had to sign a non-disclosure agreement...

You are probobly thinking "well..its the internet...they wouldnt know WHO released the info"...trust me...contracts are scary things..you dont want to take chances...

orlpassholder

very true plus depends they could be telling one group of people one thing and another group another thing. Point being what ever news shows up on the net bingo you found your leak(s)

NowInc

looking back, I dont recall a Disney rumor EVERY slipping out that was very accurate...why? Because they only tell the people who NEED to know whats important...everyone else gets shady details...

And as Orlandopassholder mentioned...they usually tell different people different things...

tim911

Original Poster
Yes, contractors may have non-disclosure contracts, but there is always that one person working for that contractor who can't keep his mouth shut. I am just hoping beyond hope that someone knows this person. I may be asking to much, but I'm sure everyone out there is dying to know more just like me. It has been almost 2 years since construction began. (Or destruction if you count the dimantling of Horizons). If not, than I will just have to wait till 2003.:( :( :(

NowInc

Originally posted by tim911
Yes, contractors may have non-disclosure contracts, but there is always that one person working for that contractor who can't keep his mouth shut. I am just hoping beyond hope that someone knows this person. I may be asking to much, but I'm sure everyone out there is dying to know more just like me. It has been almost 2 years since construction began. (Or destruction if you count the dimantling of Horizons). If not, than I will just have to wait till 2003.:( :( :(

Well..chances are..that one person really doenst know....

In all reality..very few people would NEED to know whats going on...the rest are just doing what they are told..

tim911

Original Poster
To be quite honest, I would be quite happy if someone would report back that they know what the inside looks like. How many rooms, pre-show area, anything of that detail. If the inside isn't that far along by now, than what the heck is going on over there. Maybe someone could just take a telephoto shot of the entrance under the red ball. Anything is better than nothing.

NowInc

Originally posted by tim911
To be quite honest, I would be quite happy if someone would report back that they know what the inside looks like. How many rooms, pre-show area, anything of that detail. If the inside isn't that far along by now, than what the heck is going on over there. Maybe someone could just take a telephoto shot of the entrance under the red ball. Anything is better than nothing.

Well...they could be doing 1 of 3 things

1.) Working on the inside
2.) Working on the back
3.) (mostl ikley) moving in the ride system from the back and making sure it is secured in before they commit to working on the rest of the building.

ToTBellHop

patience is a virtue. Either way we all experience it at the same time. I would imagine when the pavillion opens this summer, we will get an idea of the ride system. However, disney would prefer that we never know what's going on. That's why they call the ride system "proprietary". So when will we find out what's going on. Maybe not until someone rides it...and even then we might not be sure what's going on. This is supposed to be a ride like no other, so what do we have to compare it to? As NowInc said earlier, even the centrifuge is a system most of us have never experienced. Seems to me like one of those "you've got to experience it to believe it" type ride. I seem to remember hearing that an astronaut or someone who had been in space had ridden this ride already and said it was about as close to a real flight as can be. I want to know how intense this ride is. Traditional centrifuge rides have extremely high G forces and would make many people throw up...hoping disney has a way to get around this, or this will be an extremely exclusive attraction. However, with the hype...I speculate they know what they are doing.

NowInc

Originally posted by DogsRule!
patience is a virtue. Either way we all experience it at the same time. I would imagine when the pavillion opens this summer, we will get an idea of the ride system. However, disney would prefer that we never know what's going on. That's why they call the ride system "proprietary". So when will we find out what's going on. Maybe not until someone rides it...and even then we might not be sure what's going on. This is supposed to be a ride like no other, so what do we have to compare it to? As NowInc said earlier, even the centrifuge is a system most of us have never experienced. Seems to me like one of those "you've got to experience it to believe it" type ride. I seem to remember hearing that an astronaut or someone who had been in space had ridden this ride already and said it was about as close to a real flight as can be. I want to know how intense this ride is. Traditional centrifuge rides have extremely high G forces and would make many people throw up...hoping disney has a way to get around this, or this will be an extremely exclusive attraction. However, with the hype...I speculate they know what they are doing.

Well..apparently its going to be a combo of the CAVE and Centerfuge...CAVE has the ability to "fool' your mind into thinking its seeing/doing something it isnt..and the centerfuge will provide the G-Forces necessary to do it...

Of course...I could be COMPLETLY wrong...which is..as you said..we have to wait and see....

JEDI1138

Who wants to be a cast member working at Mission Space, when it opens? How many people do you think will read and seriously heed the warning labels Disney will put on this NEW ride? zero Gee. lets see, lunch at living seas, yields chum in space. they better put barf bags under the seats and make the interiors impervious to stomach acid. I've seen RNR coaster roll in the station with lunch in the seat, and the coaster can be taken back stage and cleaned up. Space will be a "get in there now and clean it up we have to load the next group! situation. LOL

orlpassholder

I couldnt get digital shots last night due to time but I can say when I went by it on the monorail you can see where work is being done on the inside (lights where on) I could see heavy machines in there etc and what looks like work already well under way on the inside.

NOWINC since your going this week snag us some shots

NowInc

Originally posted by orlpassholder
I couldnt get digital shots last night due to time but I can say when I went by it on the monorail you can see where work is being done on the inside (lights where on) I could see heavy machines in there etc and what looks like work already well under way on the inside.

NOWINC since your going this week snag us some shots

I'll see if i can borrow my friends digital cam...Im not too sure we will have much luck seeing whats going on in the inside..but from what you described..sounds like I was pretty right about them installing the ride system ;) (or at least preparing to)

Mission2Mars

I do know someone who works on the ride! He's an electrical guy with the company who making it! I met with him when he was installing a flight simulator in my school made by the some company....if you guys want details, don't hesitate to ask!:sohappy:

MrEeeeeh

Misson layout sketch

I remember reading an article about a Mission:Space event on the Disneyworld intranet (there is an Imagineering site there somewhere, very hard to find!) That was about two years ago and Horizons had not been removed completely, but I remember a photo in the article, showing a rough layout sketch pinned to a flip-over board. I do not remember enough of it to recreate a similar sketch, although I wish I could...:(

General Grizz

I've had some ideas about Mission Space: But totally different than what will be opening....but it is a project that could not at all be pulled of now...maybe in about thirty years...maybe...;)

Bryy2001

My Dad is an insulation contractor and he had heard that whenever Disney began on a new ride that was to remain secret, there blueprints and plans were always printed by infared laser using a special red ink that cannot be photocopyed or reproduced in any way shape or form much like movie studios are doing with their scripts nowadays so they don't end up on the internet somewhere. He also told me that they all who work on the project must sign a waver like the contestants on CBS's Survivor where if they do disclose information that they are not allowed Disney is allowed to sue, take their immortal souls, well, it's pretty serious if you are caught. Again, Im not possitive that this is all true but he has worked on some pretty secretive projects for businesses in the past and I imagine it's a similar process with Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom