Mission: Space FastPass Distributors are Complete

bdhowell

Original Poster
I have a friend who is a FastPass Cordinator at Test Track, whose manager took them on a tour of Walt Disney Imagineering. He told me that the new and improved FastPass Distribution machienes for Space are finished. :sohappy:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
New and improved from what?

There wasn't any there before...

And I doubt they are going to have fastpass 3.0 so soon after 2.0.

Justin

Fastpass? More like when will this ride open!

Ok, Its good to know about MS fastpass distribution being done, But now we all ask the big question...

WHEN WILL IT OPEN?

I'm sure Disney has been pretty quiet about this ride in the past. :zipit:
But I would like to know when its going to open. I heard that It was suppose to open sometime of next summer but i have a feeling it will be alot sooner than that... Probably try this October or November. Maybe even around Christmas.. :)

If anyone can give me some info on this ride, to what, when, and pictures of it. I would appreciate it :). Thanx.

Justin

Yeah they say that, But i have a feeling it will open before that, They said That about Primeval Whirl opening later than it did too.

It was going crazy for a while, about the opening dates and all this, first they said it was behind schedule and now it.. seems that if it is above schedule?:veryconfu

Guess Disney has its way of doing things pefect, They say later but im guessing MS will open in about 3months maybe 4.
:king:

JonnyK

It would be cool if they first opened it before Jan 1st 2003 like.. it can be open the first midnight of 2003, that would be cool.. But i know it wont be ready by then.. who knows.

Dizneydude87

Yeah, the first new ride, for a new ytear. I heard that the reason they schedualed the oppening date so late is beacause they don't want another Test Track to happen. Wasnt TT origanly supposed to oppen March 97? And then oppened 99 or something?

Justin

Yes, They did have alot of problems with TT, I think it opened in 98 of sometime, But u could be right about it being open in 99, I think it opened in the summer sometime.

Well i dont think the same thing will happen with MS, Its not a Intamin Prototype like MS is. And i think they pretty much got it going. Does anyone know if they started TR it yet?

Scar Junior

Originally posted by Justin
Yes, They did have alot of problems with TT, I think it opened in 98 of sometime, But u could be right about it being open in 99, I think it opened in the summer sometime.

It opened Spring 1999. I was there the second day it opened (i was told by a CM -and well know how trustworthy they are!).

copper

Sorry Scarjunior I rode Test Track January 11-16 1999. It opened the week I was there (so I was told). It also broke down just as we were getting into the car. We were given tickets to skip the line and we went on the next day. We rode it just before closing and we rode it 3x in a row without getting off.

ocolectr

Soft opening of Test Track began mid-December 1998.

Grand opening was March, 17 1999.

It still took two years after that to get it running worth anything.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by Justin

Well i dont think the same thing will happen with MS, Its not a Intamin Prototype like MS is. And i think they pretty much got it going. Does anyone know if they started TR it yet?

I think it opened late 98/early 99. I remember being at Epcot in June '99 with my family and going on Test Track together. The looks on my brother's and my face were classic. Definitely a great ride... even though it has some problems:p

bdhowell

Original Poster
"NEW AND IMPROVED"

Space is going to have its FastPass system incorporated with the rides main computer. This system will tell the distribution machienes how fast the loaders are loading the ride, and give out a return time based on that information. That is what I meant by "new and improved.":)

JLW11Hi

I hope it opens before January, or early January, because that is probably when I will be returning to Disney!!! We can all pray this will happen (well, I will, anyway) :)

AndyMagic

Plaza to Open soon?

While it might be at least 6 months before the ride opens I remember hearing from the official Mission: SPACE website that the "Planetary Plaza" was to open before the ride. What I would really like to know is when are the construction walls going to come down? If the ride itself is to open soon, you would think the walls would come down some time in September or even late August. Also, isn't it about time for advertising to start kicking in? I find it funny that the Disney.com website mentions Philarhmagic but there is no mention of Mission: Space anywhere on the Disney World website. Any thoughts?

Imagineer Dave

The exterior of Mission: Space is coming along nicely but there are still many interior things that have to be done before it will open. So it won't be opening anytime soon.

Scar Junior

Originally posted by ocolectr
Soft opening of Test Track began mid-December 1998.

Grand opening was March, 17 1999.

It still took two years after that to get it running worth anything.

Nooooooooo, now I'm sorry Copper... But now it appears you're wrong and i was there during the grand and official opening- now it appears you're wrong.

P.S. It's okay to be wrong. Most people are usually wrong about things. Don't let it get you down! Have a nice day! :wave:

JonnyK

Originally posted by JLW11Hi
I hope it opens before January, or early January, because that is probably when I will be returning to Disney!!! We can all pray this will happen (well, I will, anyway) :)

It wont, they have to design some more inside too.. But if it is done.. then you best tell us about it and I would like to see some pictures of it if it opens up early.. but I doubt itll open early cuz there doing the outside now.. then they gotta do the inside next or so..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom