Missing riding a Roller Coaster, Mineshaft Coaster at Big Bear Lake opening this weekend

DavidDL

Obviously haven't been on it myself yet but after watching a POV or two, I came away a little disappointed. I realize the area is a construction hot spot after building the coaster but man.. it really is basically an un-shaded dirt patch right now. I really hope they grow some greenery around the coaster because when I picture a "mountain coaster" in my mind or see POVs for others, they seem to weave between much more nature.

Also, the coaster promised "corkscrews" and I guess what I expected there was a little more intense or a more traditional coaster corkscrew but in reality, it seems to be more of a turnaround/downward helix. The "tunnels" were pretty weak looking too.

Professortango1

Man, this thing had potential. Sad to see it so barren with bland silver steel structures. The one part where you go through a shaft, they don't even make it look like a shaft and instead use retention wall bricks.

Stevek

Good morning from Big Bear.

Got a late start yesterday, due to a lot of issues, but got here about 9 PM last night.

About to go find breakfast, relax, then off to Alpine Slide at Magic Mountain.

Last night, when we drove by, you could see the last section of Mineshaft Coaster from the Street.

So will let folks know our true opinions of the ride, and the entire complex. Even planning to play Mini Golf today!

Best thing, the high is on supposed to be 85 today.

Have a great day, and if in SoCal, stay cool!
You and I were both up there this weekend though I didn't get a chance to ride it. How about that monsoon that blew through? Dropped the temp 20+ degrees. We just sat in our cabin and enjoyed the thunder and downpour.

Stevek

Man, this thing had potential. Sad to see it so barren with bland silver steel structures. The one part where you go through a shaft, they don't even make it look like a shaft and instead use retention wall bricks.
Having seen it, but not ridden it in person, I think it looks great. Lots of winding in and out of the trees and wouldn't be surprised if more trees and theming are added over time. Can't wait to try it at some point as we are generally at our cabin once a month. A very welcome addition to the resort. I do wonder if Snow Summit/Big Bear Mountain follow suit as they could add a monstrous one on their slopes.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
20200815_121436-XL.jpg

20200815_121447-XL.jpg

20200815_172732-XL.jpg

20200815_173049-XL.jpg

20200815_175657-XL.jpg

20200815_184346-XL.jpg

20200815_184350-XL.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom