Mirror thrown in bushes next to Monorail

JMagicFink

OMG, not that again!

OMG, not the pink cake castle again!!! I can't stand my pictures and park maps from 96' with that on it! May those pictures never appear on this site again... :)

-J

stopgo

I thought the base was painted pink, but the "frosting" and candles and stuff were "blow-up" things over the real structure.
I though I remember doing a Keys to the Kingdom tour several years later and the CM telling us to look at the "brick" pattern on the castle and that they have a numbered pattern how and where to paint each shade. We we went up close and you could see some of the pink showing under some of the chipped off pieces.

We got the same dirt on the KTTK tour two or three years ago. Our tour guide told us how he'd been scolded due to his habit of hitting the castle with his riding crop while emphasizing a point because it scratched the paint. Sure enough, we could see bright Pepto-Bismol pink staring out from underneath the scratches.

jakeman

Just a quick remindered for everyone who stated that "this never used to happen", there are a few picture of AA animals being hoisted by a crane into place at Disneyland in front of guest back when Walt was around. Although I can not located the picture itself, perhaps someone else can post it.

Just speculating, but perhaps the reason none of us remember things like this happening in the "old days" is because we weren't looking for them.

It would also be interesting to see how many other WDWMagic members passed the mirror and didn't notice it unti Taryn brought it up.

wannab@dis

Just a quick remindered for everyone who stated that "this never used to happen", there are a few picture of AA animals being hoisted by a crane into place at Disneyland in front of guest back when Walt was around. Although I can not located the picture itself, perhaps someone else can post it.

Just speculating, but perhaps the reason none of us remember things like this happening in the "old days" is because we weren't looking for them.

It would also be interesting to see how many other WDWMagic members passed the mirror and didn't notice it unti Taryn brought it up.
You're absolutely correct. I've seen pictures of the AA's being added to Jungle Cruise with guests walking around.

Let's keep in mind is the area where the mirror is located is a staging area. It's used often for large objects for entry or exit from the MK. Not a big deal.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Does this mean when the Epcot wand comes down it'll be floating in the Seven Seas Lagoon somewhere?

I akways moreso envisioned them trying to imploed the structure and having it get stuck in a tree like a kite. Then trying to poke at it with a stick to get it fall out.

Meeko

Thanks for the pics! I never realized how truly huge the mirror was in proportion to a person until I saw those pics of it being assembled. Wow.:eek:

This is the first time that I have had a good look at the pink castle....I don't think it's that bad. It looks like something from Candy Land!

(now I am going to run, hide, and protect my head from flying objects :lookaroun )

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Good riddance to the mirror, now I get my clock back. ;)

I have only one fond memory of the pink castle - it was the first trip to WDW with my now-wife. Back then, that trip to WDW is the reason we met. :)

Rhuarac

I went by yesterday, taking pictures as I went by, and it was still there, only wrapped in black plastic. Sorry I haven't down loaded the pictures yet.

Figments Friend

Ah yes...all wrapped up for delivery to Mouse Surplus!

( well no....i don't know that "officially" ! Would be interesting to see THAT now though would'nt it?)

The poor Mirror......i only saw it like 4 days before it was taken down. To see it ditched there in the dirt is a bit saddening. Bad show indeed....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom