Mirror Disneyland Resort - I'm Back! 2024 Edition

DisneyManOne

I just thought of this. If Mary Poppins' Jolly Holiday doesn't open in Fantasyland here in MDL 3.0, where does it open? For that matter, does it even open at all?

DisneyManOne

Bumping the thread. I have been re-reading this thread, and I actually have a question about the logistics of the Sleeping Beauty Castle Stage, as described on Page 2. How will the performers get onto the stage? Will it be a multi-leveled stage or something? Would the passageway through the castle be accessible during all non-showtime hours, or would it remain inaccessible until all shows for the day are done, like at the Magic Kingdom (a move which has always irked me, I should say)?

I ask, because I am currently in the midst of working on my own "definitive" version of Mirror Walt Disney World, which I intend to start this October, and I have been debating with myself over whether I should keep the Magic Kingdom's Castle Forecourt Stage a "seasonal" stage, or have it out full-time. My biggest problem in this debate is that I want to afford the guests the chance to step through the Castle throughout the day (but if I did keep the stage permanent, "throughout the day" would mean "with the exception of showtimes", of course -- the walkways would close five minutes prior to showtime, and would re-open once CMs get the all-clear that all performers are backstage). I do have a really good idea for a show I want to put on that stage, but I'm just conflicted as to whether or not it's worth the risk.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Rebumping this thread for the sake of activating the trinity of epic imagineering projects along with DisneySky and Americana 1900
0A5F086B-16BF-4E75-A704-E40DC8353A24.jpeg

its beautiful teh lurd of teh rings GIF

Twilight_Roxas

I’m curious on how you’re going to have Mirror Disneyland do Disney 100 Years of Wonder along with MMRR, updated ToonTown, Pete meet & greet, and Wondrous Journeys?

WaltWiz1901

It means I'm at the very least finally dusting off the old Google Doc and revisiting it in my spare time!
That's great to hear! And I say this as someone who also plans everything for an AU or dream resort on a Doc

Perhaps picking up where you left off would be nice...although I am curious to know if there's anything in Fantasyland that you'd fancy changing from when you wrote about it in '21

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Truth be told, I'm someone who has OCD and happens to be a perfectionist when it comes to these sorts of things. :p The first three drafts of this (three at this point, right?) are good from my perspective, but not great. I want this absolute final draft to be great, a fitting and finishing stamp to years of leaving this puppy unfinished and cliffhanging. I've finished projects in the past, but these past few years have been so difficult in finding the time to do what I truly want to with this. I was really in a bad place with my job at the time, and mentally, there was a lot going on IRL that made it hard to have a desire to work on this in my free time.

When I'm ready to reboot the thread officially, I'll likely do a quick reset from the beginning of the project overview, trimming the fat from what's been shared so far, making changes and additions (heck, Splash Mountain was in the second and first drafts still at the time of this project's conception, and I'm going to be updating that into something very unique), and taking it at my pace.

I will say too that I'm cutting WESTCOT from the project. Being a native West Coaster, I don't feel fully confident in what I can provide for a WESTCOT, having only been to EPCOT thrice myself and not having the same emotional connection as so many others do. Classic EPCOT strikes a chord with me, and we'll always have YouTube and fan-sites for that, but the EPCOT I've known is sadly not what I'm most familiar with physically and memory-wise, and the WESTCOT I'd want to create is way more classic EPCOT than modern. Elements I was set on for WESTCOT will make their way into Disneyland and Disney-Universal Studios, especially in Tomorrowland. Disney-Universal is something I'm really invested in, so I'm really looking forward to that, especially knowing how much potential there is with doing a Dark Universe and Super Nintendo World of my own.

I'm in between jobs right now, I'm getting married later this year, it's been a roller coaster of a year so far and will continue to be so. But I want to finish this. I owe it to myself, and I owe it to you guys. So bottom line - I'm working on it. I haven't really stopped working on it since I disappeared from this site. But I'm working on it more frequently now than I ever have before. Stay tuned. It will be back soon. It's a promise.

I'm getting married later this year
Congratulations on that! Hope you have a good wedding! Also, I did see you cut out WESTCOT, which is kinda easy to understand

1. It just felt too similar to EPCOT
2.We also never got a full walkthrough of it on any of your Mirror Disneylands

Also, I see that Pinocchio is where Mary Poppins’ was in this version, did her umbrella never reach California?

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Truth be told, I'm someone who has OCD and happens to be a perfectionist when it comes to these sorts of things. :p The first three drafts of this (three at this point, right?) are good from my perspective, but not great. I want this absolute final draft to be great, a fitting and finishing stamp to years of leaving this puppy unfinished and cliffhanging. I've finished projects in the past, but these past few years have been so difficult in finding the time to do what I truly want to with this. I was really in a bad place with my job at the time, and mentally, there was a lot going on IRL that made it hard to have a desire to work on this in my free time.

When I'm ready to reboot the thread officially, I'll likely do a quick reset from the beginning of the project overview, trimming the fat from what's been shared so far, making changes and additions (heck, Splash Mountain was in the second and first drafts still at the time of this project's conception, and I'm going to be updating that into something very unique), and taking it at my pace.

I will say too that I'm cutting WESTCOT from the project. Being a native West Coaster, I don't feel fully confident in what I can provide for a WESTCOT, having only been to EPCOT thrice myself and not having the same emotional connection as so many others do. Classic EPCOT strikes a chord with me, and we'll always have YouTube and fan-sites for that, but the EPCOT I've known is sadly not what I'm most familiar with physically and memory-wise, and the WESTCOT I'd want to create is way more classic EPCOT than modern. Elements I was set on for WESTCOT will make their way into Disneyland and Disney-Universal Studios, especially in Tomorrowland. Disney-Universal is something I'm really invested in, so I'm really looking forward to that, especially knowing how much potential there is with doing a Dark Universe and Super Nintendo World of my own.

I'm in between jobs right now, I'm getting married later this year, it's been a roller coaster of a year so far and will continue to be so. But I want to finish this. I owe it to myself, and I owe it to you guys. So bottom line - I'm working on it. I haven't really stopped working on it since I disappeared from this site. But I'm working on it more frequently now than I ever have before. Stay tuned. It will be back soon. It's a promise.
Soon can you do full walkthrough and script of Roger Rabbit's Runaway Trolley when you do Disney-Universal Studios?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom