Minor Attraction Enchantments

mickEblu

I loved that 2014 update to Alice in Wonderland. The screen-based elements were all very natural and elegant when added to the ride, without taking away the charm it already had. Although, what ever happened to the 2 million dollar Queen of Hearts animatronic? Fingers crossed we get the same treatment to the rest of the Fantasyland Five. I know we got minor projection updates to Snow White in the past, and that 2015 Peter Pan refurb, but that one felt a little lacking.

Well everything except for that first screen with the cartoon of the white rabbit playing.

truecoat

it got a new ariel at one point or they changed her hair, I can't remember which. but one ariel AA did not look right for the under the sea portion of the ride and they did something to change it.

Here's the before and after.

LM before.jpg

LM after.jpg

Nextinline

it got a new ariel at one point or they changed her hair, I can't remember which. but one ariel AA did not look right for the under the sea portion of the ride and they did something to change it.
Ariel also use to be a CG character in the videos when transitioning from land to water and back. Those were updated with traditional animation (although the animations still looks off IMO).

Phroobar

Ariel also use to be a CG character in the videos when transitioning from land to water and back. Those were updated with traditional animation (although the animations still looks off IMO).
That's because they outsourced it to a Korean animation studio.

Nextinline

That's because they outsourced it to a Korean animation studio.
Is that true? It is a total of like 15 seconds of animation lol. They could have probably pulled clips directly from the movie or had some fanboy/girl do the animation over a weekend for free and it would've been higher quality!

Rich T

That's my only gripe with it too. It's just so incongruous.
This is the only place where I can air my grievance about how much that animated clip annoys me, because IT'S FROM A MOVIE SCENE WHERE ALICE HAS NOT YET ENTERED THE RABBIT HOLE! SHE'S STILL IN THE REAL WORLD! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

That whole Tweedle section should just be axed and replaced by a return of the old Upside Down Room anyway. That scene was a hundred times more fun.

Rich T

And let's not forget this change. What were the fish blowing before?

The answer is water just like now.

View attachment 372894

View attachment 372896
These shots...even the "after" shots....remind me of how lame this ride is. Ariel's "adventure" is apparently moping and then going out on a date. No exploring shipwrecks, no rescuing Eric in a storm, no outwitting a shark, no fighting Ursula...NOTHING thrilling from the film was kept for the ride. They decided to focus entirely on the songs and turn it into a ride-through Disney sing-along video. Barf.

mickEblu

These shots...even the "after" shots....remind me of how lame this ride is. Ariel's "adventure" is apparently moping and then going out on a date. No exploring shipwrecks, no rescuing Eric in a storm, no outwitting a shark, no fighting Ursula...NOTHING thrilling from the film was kept for the ride. They decided to focus entirely on the songs and turn it into a ride-through Disney sing-along video. Barf.

Stale is the word that comes to mind when I think of that ride.

Rich T

I like the newly updated Grand Canyon scenes in the diorama.
On my last visit, I'd heard nothing about the new lightning strike. It hit directly in front of me and it scared the living ___ out of me! :D
(EDIT) Maybe they could add that effect to the end of Mermaid. Just before unload. It would improve the ride 100% and wake everybody up to disembark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom