Minimum points for perks now 100 (as of 17th Sept)

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
There is a now a minimum number of 100 points bought direct to qualify for a blue card and the perks that go with that.

There was chatter about it the last week, and it’s now in the small print at the bottom of the perks pages on the DVC website.

(scroll down to the bottom of the page)

The paragraph reads:

“Important Information about Membership Extras:

Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block-out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective September 17, 2019 to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership” Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 100 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras.”

Club Cooloholic

I was wondering something. If you got 75, well now 100 points at say Vero to go with points bought resale at Poly. Would you lose your membership privileges when Vero expired or stay on after gor your Poly resale?
More a curiosity question, now one I would put into practice.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was wondering something. If you got 75, well now 100 points at say Vero to go with points bought resale at Poly. Would you lose your membership privileges when Vero expired or stay on after gor your Poly resale?
More a curiosity question, now one I would put into practice.

If you sell a contract that qualifies you for the direct perks, then you lose your perks at that point.

So the same will apply when your qualifying points expire.

Unless of course you have other qualifying points, remembering the grandfathering-in process.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom