Mini Lucas-Land?

huntzilla

He states it is pure speculation. Many people have speculated in the past that a Lucasland is plausible but I don't think Mr. Yee's indicating that it is any closer to reality.

MissMorrow

I might forgive them for Avatar is that happens :sohappy: Althought I'd still prefer a full Lucasland but anything would be better than nothing!

DisneyWall-E

Me of a few weeks ago would just say this was a fanboy dream, but after the Avatar bomb I would have to keep an open mind. So I hope its true.

The Empress Lilly

Me of a few weeks ago would just say this was a fanboy dream, but after the Avatar bomb I would have to keep an open mind. So I hope its true.
Isn't it! There are always Star Wars rumours, for twenty years now. But who knows, what with Potterland changing the game and Avatarland coming too...anything seems possible.

sublimesting

Oh a SW Land would so put Disney over the top! They would make seriously serious insane money. Especially if it was a well themed immersive world. SW could be an entire park all by itself. I'd live in a Star Wars park and sleep on a bench and eat out of a trash can...that's how freakin' awesome it would be!

zooey

If they wanted to fix two parks that need it the most while appealing to the same demographic, they should build Avatar alongside Lucasland in DHS. Split the 500 million budget down the middle... and there ya go. Totally agree.

Atomicmickey

Original Poster
I know there have been plenty of discussions here about Lucas, Star Wars Land, etc. I thought the Kevin Yee comment was worded a bit suspiciously, and seemed to indicate that something might be imminent. The partnership, and the idea of a project like that, make so much sense, that I thought it might be relevant to post.

So, in my own head, that sounded like new news. Might not be, lol.

ADP2

I can see Lucas and Iger's fingers crossing each other as the question arises who should pay for a Lucas/Star Wars Land at DHS. :rolleyes:

GLaDOS

If they wanted to fix two parks that need it the most while appealing to the same demographic, they should build Avatar alongside Lucasland in DHS. Split the 500 million budget down the middle... and there ya go. Totally agree.

Or just don't build Avatar and give all the money to the franchise that deserves it.:lookaroun

WDW1974

Kev stated in said column that he was just basically talking out loud.

I have heard nothing to suggest this is even a possibility. It would certainly be welcome ... and a much better fit that Carsland (which isn't happening in FLA despite the persistent rumors).

I just have a hard time believing Disney is going to spend more on another large scale WDW-based project with what is already on the plate, even if the stale Studios desperately need something to drive traffic (Idol, TSMM and Star Tours 2.0 are all popular but none have driven people to the park).

~GFC: Loud and Proud!~

WDW1974

I wouldn't be that judgmental yet to that franchise since Avatar 2 and 3 didn't come yet.

To be fair, you can't call Avatar a franchise yet.

It's just one single (boring as hell) film. When we have a second (about three years from now if things go as planned) then you can say franchise. People getting ahead of themselves.

~GFCers Are Never Blue!~

ttalovebug

I'm actually shocked, when I think about it, that there isn't a Star Wars theme park somewhere in the world by now. It seems like such a no-brainer: the perfect source material for creating themed environments, and a rabid fanbase that would eat it up. Think of the turnouts there are for SW conventions. People would travel from all over the world to visit a SW park.

If these rumors ever come to fruition, I really hope they would build a whole park for SW rather than just a land, especially after observing the Wizarding World reaction. If any franchise deserves an entire park, it's SW without a doubt.

wdwfan4ver

I wouldn't put any hopes on a min Lucas Land. It goes down to the question of budget when Avatarland construction starts in late 2013.

I do see replacement of new rides happening while Avatarland construction is going on with stuff like replacing to Sounds Dangerous, replacing Captain EO, changing Soarin' to Soarin' around the World. I don't think all 3 attractions be replaced though when Avatarland construction is doing on though.

KevinYee

Nothing's imminent. But there have long been forces trying to make it happen. Didn't mean to stir up the hornet nest!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom