Mine Train & Wicked Qeen

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
I'm glad that the Wicked Queen (as the old hag witch) makes an appearance on the ride, but from all of the ride videos I've seen, unless you're in the first few cars on the train when it stops there, you're likely to go by her so fast you won't really have a chance to see her. Has anyone found that the further back you sit on the ride, the more likely you won't see her because the train takes off into the station too quickly?

PrincessNelly_NJ

This was mentioned during media previews too. It appears from most videos that anyone in the back with only get a quick glimpse of the entire cottage scene. I also saw someone post that when they rode this morning they too barely saw the cottage as they were in the back. But that the ride was more thrilling overall in the back.

djkidkaz

The ride is more thrilling in back but you do go by the cottage scene fairly quickly. I'd say row 6,7,8 are the best seats.

Daannzzz

Wasn't that one of Walt's ideas about attractions? Give them too much to look at so they need to ride again. I have always thought that many of the audio loops are too short. If you vehicle is a bit slow you may hear part of the dialog over again. I think it would be good to have the loops be longer and different parts of different stories are happening throughout the attraction.

Merlin0402

Watching the videos, it seems like it would be better to have the cars travel slowly by the cottage instead of coming to a complete stop in the middle in order to give everyone a fair view of the scene.

MrDee

On It's A Small World I always try to find something I've never noticed before.....and I always do. I really don't have much choice. My kids make me ride that thing so many times each visit that I had to find a way to not go insane from it ( I mean make it more interesting, yeah that's what I meant).

Sped2424

Well another thing that made it hard to see the evil queen was the fact that there is no lighting on here at night! That could be said for the whole ride. It's funny but it seems like the lighting package was somehow skipped over when designing this ride! Both sides are dark at night leaving all the beautiful details completely shrouded outside once the sun is gone. So when you pass by the cottage at the end you can't really see the old hag because there is just no light on her.

Kman101

Guess it was where I was sitting but the many times I rode I never got much of a chance to see or hear her. Saw the inside cottage scene plenty though, lol. People kept missing her and seeing it as they were rushed into unload.

doctornick

Guess it was where I was sitting but the many times I rode I never got much of a chance to see or hear her. Saw the inside cottage scene plenty though, lol. People kept missing her and seeing it as they were rushed into unload.

Yes, from what I've seen on videos, the vehicles seem to move past her pretty quickly and don't get much of a chance to "enjoy" her. I would like to see them slow down the vehicles more at that point so they slowly crawl by such that everyone onboard gets a chance to see her and hear her cackle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom