mine ride for BIG PEOPLE..

disney4life2008

5'7, 345lbs, male - I rode Mine Train on Saturday. I fit (not comfortably) but I fit. The seat itself is very small - I should have emptied my pockets because I almost lost my glasses and wallet. Do I have to ride it again? Not at all. As others have said - it is very lackluster and we kept stopping every few seconds (no reason why). Luckily I had a FP+ as the waits have been 60 minutes plus since arrival (I only waited about 5 minutes at 3pm). I honestly do not remember anything memorable from it - it was just very lackluster.

Mr Anderson

5'7, 345lbs, male - I rode Mine Train on Saturday. I fit (not comfortably) but I fit. The seat itself is very small - I should have emptied my pockets because I almost lost my glasses and wallet. Do I have to ride it again? Not at all. As others have said - it is very lackluster and we kept stopping every few seconds (no reason why). Luckily I had a FP+ as the waits have been 60 minutes plus since arrival (I only waited about 5 minutes at 3pm). I honestly do not remember anything memorable from it - it was just very lackluster.
Hey buddy! I am happy to hear you fit! I know you have been concerned about it for months. Disappointed to hear it was less than awesome, though. Bummer.

disney4life2008

Hey buddy! I am happy to hear you fit! I know you have been concerned about it for months. Disappointed to hear it was less than awesome, though. Bummer.

Thanks. I think it's a cute ride but I won't wait standby for it. I have another fp plus for it on Wednesday so this time I will be prepared

disney4life2008

I rode again - and I was better prepared. I think its a cute ride the best part is inside the mine with the 7Ds. The second time I rode - was interesting though. The CM at the first separation point whispered to the CM at the loading dock that I was "larger" and once I got to the loading area - the CM gave me a seat in the front row alone and asked did I fit? She paid close attention to me to make sure both my legs were between the lap belt. This did not happen the first time I rode so it was weird they did this to me the second time. With that said - FP+ for Mine Train is amazing - both times I never waited more than 10 minutes compared to standby at 80+ minutes during the heat of the day.

WDWFanDave

Wow. Two considerations if they haven't yet been mentioned...knees and backside. Seats are small but ok, that damn bar is a killer. Thanks goodness it was just a short ride! (Although would be a much better attraction if it wasn't so short)

whiterhino42

The ride can clearly accommodate very tall people, as we saw the Orlando Magic riding on opening day.

For anyone who is too overweight to fit, perhaps take that as a sign that it is time to get in shape and lose the weight. Disney cannot, and in my opinion should not just keep increasing the size of ride vehicles to fit increasingly obese guests. It is sending the wrong message.

Wow! I'm not a large person yet I found that offensive. Not all people are created equal!

tmm7899

So I rode it last week. I was nervous because of this thread. I fit on it. It was no comfortable at all and I was actually glad that it was a short ride. I am about 6'1 and built like a former college football player, as I was one. The seat was not the problem, I fit in that just fine. the problem was the bar, I have trouble getting my legs together, from the massive quads and because of a problem with my hips that I have had all my life. The bar just needed to move just past my knees and it did. Glad I rode it, I will not be going back on it though.

FLFQTR

I rode the Mine train 3 times last weekend I never knew of this issue until my 1st ride with my 5yr old daughter. I am 6’ and 355 lbs. as the above posted a former ball player so it’s tough to get my knees together. I did get them in but it I was in pain from the metal bars (glad it was a short ride). I could sit in the seat no issues except my knees. I did it for my kids but paid the price the next several days with bruised legs. Would I ride it again NO not until they offer a solution. How on gods earth this was never brought up in testing is beyond me.

bjlc57

Original Poster
I rode the Mine train 3 times last weekend I never knew of this issue until my 1st ride with my 5yr old daughter. I am 6’ and 355 lbs. as the above posted a former ball player so it’s tough to get my knees together. I did get them in but it I was in pain from the metal bars (glad it was a short ride). I could sit in the seat no issues except my knees. I did it for my kids but paid the price the next several days with bruised legs. Would I ride it again NO not until they offer a solution. How on gods earth this was never brought up in testing is beyond me.
now you know exactly what I was thinking when I was dismissed from the ride..

teadrinker

Sorry to hear that you could not ride but I wouldn't worry. I don't think much to it. I would not wait in line for hours. Would rather do big thunder mountain. Nice to hear that they gave you some fast passes for other rides. If this happened in the U.K. you would get nothing.

PAW PAW 70

I have basically the same problem 6'4" prosthetic left leg won't bend enough. On many rides I have to try and get My leg in some how many rides uncomfortable but I get through them ( with grand kids). Hope I can adjust some how to ride. Will have a good time no matter what!

Disneydreamer23

My dh 6"6 350 pounds fit but he said he squished his um ya know! It wasn't a weight issue it was te height of his legs and squeezing them together

Obi

My dh 6"6 350 pounds fit but he said he squished his um ya know! It wasn't a weight issue it was te height of his legs and squeezing them together
this is what happened with me as well. I'm 6'1" and weigh 285#. Most in my gut and thighs. Was able to ride it and enjoy it. However, I really had to squeeze my legs together which caused certain things to get squished too. Very uncomfortable. Thank goodness it didn't ruin the Disneymoon. LOL...

Brad Bishop

Just to add, I rode it for the first time this weekend and I'm 5'10" and probably around 230lbs and while I fit OK it wasn't comfortable. Imagine going to a parent teacher night at, say, a middle school and trying to fit into the slightly smaller desks. You can do it but it feels weird.

habuma

Some might consider me Pooh-sized, or even Baloo-sized after a Dole Whip or two. I'm 5'6", 310lbs (hey...I'm workin' on it). So when I went to WDW last week, I had some concerns about my fit on the 7DMT.

After riding it 6 times (the first 2 times within a few hours of eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe), I can say that it wasn't an issue for me. The seats themselves weren't as bad as some have made them out to be on this forum and the bar, although a bit unforgiving on the width, wasn't that much of a problem. I was able to pull it back fine over my large-ish legs.

Of course, different bodies are shaped differently, so YMMV. I can just say that I had no trouble and wasn't terribly uncomfortable during any part of the ride.

Pixie VaVoom

"Some might consider me Pooh-sized, or even Baloo-sized after a Dole Whip or two. I'm 5'6", 310lbs (hey...I'm workin' on it). "

Hey there is NO GUILT here !!! If somebody doesn't like what you look like...they can go look at a fence. Surely FENCES are skinny enough for them!! Just remember - back in the Middle ages we were the height of fashion, it showed that our families were rich enough to EAT regularly... SO no guilting allowed - just be healthy, and be happy!! I do bellydancing at size 22 - if someone doesn't like my shape - "tajellwidja" as the Norwegians say . I drape beads, jewels, and decorations over my voluptuousness, and if they don't likee me then they can look at THAT!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom