mine ride for BIG PEOPLE..

DManRightHere

well Kids, I just got back about an hour ago , 10 days at WDW.. On Sunday, we ran to the mine ride when the park opened.. we were about 30th in line.. my wife in a scooter and me, a big MOOSE.. so an hour and 10 minutes later, they open the ride.. we get right down there.. and my wife gets in and there is no problem.. HOWEVER, I can't close the bar.. I am too big for the split bar to fit over my knees.. So my wife rode alone.. I asked to ride as a single.. and have one leg under one bar and the other.. and it works.. the bars lock, I am in.. BUT.. .the powers that be.. won't let me ride.. they say you can't straddle the bars.. so.. Larger people.. and I was told by some WHITE SHIRT, that, Yes, we know there is a problem.. and NO, you still cant ride..they made it right by me.. I got a few immediate ride passes to any ride.. but that doesn't make up for the fact that right now, BIG GUYS like me, or maybe you, cannot ride this ride.. this and one poor meal were the only downfalls of TEN GLORIOUS DAYS seeing the mouse..

More of the problem is that you're tall? Correct? Are the seats tinier than big thunder?

donsullivan

Premium Member
So I'm over 6 foot and can't stow a bag?!? Guess I'm screwedish!

Unless your bag is something substantially larger than a day pack type of thing you'll be just fine. All you have to do is pull the lap bar down and then put the bag on top of the bar with an arm through one of the straps to hold it in. I've done exactly that a half dozen times with different size bags with absolutely no issue at all.

I actually do the same thing on Space Mountain regularly as we'll without any issue. On Space, because it's t-bar you can just wrap the bag strap around the top of the bar.

tdpolo26

train.jpg

@wdwmagic
think a more simple solution would be making a t-bar ..... then you have room on the sides.... of course I don't know the safety code but to me a t-bar solves almost every problem... you could even make it telescoping so that you can raise and lower it ...

Mr Anderson

I'm 5'4 115lbs and I felt SQUISHED in the seat ! Absolutely crammed. This isn't a plus-sized issue it's an adults don't fit in the vehicle issue. They didn't take into account that adults would be riding this along with their children....

That... that doesn't even make sense that they'd make it so small. You're pretty small at 5'4", 115 lbs. I'm 6'2", 200 lbs... if you felt squished, I'm going to feel like a sardine. Yikes.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I'm 5'4 115lbs and I felt SQUISHED in the seat ! Absolutely crammed. This isn't a plus-sized issue it's an adults don't fit in the vehicle issue. They didn't take into account that adults would be riding this along with their children....

This does not reflect the actual reality of the ride experience. I'm 5' 11" and ~240 lbs. and while snug, by no means did I feel squished. There is no way someone less than half my weight could realistically feel 'squished'.

Hyperspace Hoopla

We rode last week. I'm a big guy, and it was tight - but I fit. The problem isn't with your backside, it's being able to squish your legs together enough that they fit between the sides of the lap bar. When squished, my legs are about 14 or 15" across, if that helps.

I'm not sure I'll be able to have anymore kids, but I was able to ride.

doctornick

We rode last week. I'm a big guy, and it was tight - but I fit. The problem isn't with your backside, it's being able to squish your legs together enough that they fit between the sides of the lap bar. When squished, my legs are about 14 or 15" across, if that helps.

Yeah, it sounds like a T-bar would solve this issue easily.

FLmom

I think that info helps more then peoples heights and weights ... everyone is built just a bit different. Where I carry most of my weight around my midsection but someone else might carry all their weight in their legs which would make this ride totally impossible.

I'm thinking I might be able to ride this.. though I'm still super nervous about even trying. I used to LOVE roller coasters of a all sorts but gave up on them when I put on weight about 10 yrs ago because I'm too insanely scared to be turned away for being too big.

tacotico

A member of another Disney forum took a measuring tape with her as she rode the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train today, and the width is:

0cVSxP5.jpg

Also known as a tight fit. No wonder so many people are finding it uncomfortable.

TyrantBoss

More Disney bias against bigger people. I am former football player, 6'4" and weigh 265. And every time Disney refurbs a ride or makes a new ride they make the seats smaller and smaller. I am painfully squeezed into Space Mountain, I have to cross my legs awkwardly on Everest, and now it seems like I won't be able to ride the Seven Dwarves Mine Cart.

Last I check Walt wanted the part so children AND their parents could enjoy it. At this rate...it will be kid sized entirely.

lunchbox1175

Lol....I posted about this in the review section so I am glad to see there is a thread about it now. I had the same issue, I am 6' 2" with a 46" waist and the issue was that my legs barely squeezed between the bars to the point that the lap bar would only come down about an inch. I feel bad for the OP, as they still let me ride it all three times with the bar up, I just told them its not Aerosmith....I won't fall out and they let me ride.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Lol....I posted about this in the review section so I am glad to see there is a thread about it now. I had the same issue, I am 6' 2" with a 46" waist and the issue was that my legs barely squeezed between the bars to the point that the lap bar would only come down about an inch. I feel bad for the OP, as they still let me ride it all three times with the bar up, I just told them its not Aerosmith....I won't fall out and they let me ride.
uhhh really? :confused: Used to be a ride operator at Six Flags Great Adventure and we would have be fired immediately for allowing anyone to ride in violation. (most rides were equipped so that the train could not be launched without each lapbar being securely locked.)

Come to think of it, my whole team was suspended for two weeks without pay because two large women & a small child tried to ride 3 people in a row meant for 2 and we missed the little boy because they had hid his upper body between them. The ride moved about 6 feet before the main ride operator noticed an extra pair of legs dangling in between them and immediately stopped the train from leaving the station.

raymusiccity

well Kids, I just got back about an hour ago , 10 days at WDW.. On Sunday, we ran to the mine ride when the park opened.. we were about 30th in line.. my wife in a scooter and me, a big MOOSE.. so an hour and 10 minutes later, they open the ride.. we get right down there.. and my wife gets in and there is no problem.. HOWEVER, I can't close the bar.. I am too big for the split bar to fit over my knees.. So my wife rode alone.. I asked to ride as a single.. and have one leg under one bar and the other.. and it works.. the bars lock, I am in.. BUT.. .the powers that be.. won't let me ride.. they say you can't straddle the bars.. so.. Larger people.. and I was told by some WHITE SHIRT, that, Yes, we know there is a problem.. and NO, you still cant ride..they made it right by me.. I got a few immediate ride passes to any ride.. but that doesn't make up for the fact that right now, BIG GUYS like me, or maybe you, cannot ride this ride.. this and one poor meal were the only downfalls of TEN GLORIOUS DAYS seeing the mouse..

Seems like an easy solution. Looks like Disney needs a photo booth with one of the 'mine cars' at the entrance. Any large guest would then have the opportunity to see if they fit on this kiddie ride or not. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom